X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Movie is Out, What Did You Guys Think?

I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Much better than I expected but after so many bad reviews, I reallywasn't expecting much. It was very entertaining. Though I'm still shocked at how bad some of the CGI was, for such a big budget movie. Not to many toomany cliche scenes in the movie..it was hilarious
laugh.gif
. Story line was a little all over the place, and it had too many corny lines. Not to mention Wolverinedidn't seem like that much of an interesting character when comparing him to other 'super heros'. Dude doesn't seem to have much of apersonality like my man Tony Starks. Anyways, it was good. Hopefully, they'll make a Deadpool film and it'll turn out epic.

for me... i came in with low expectations... i didn't see it when it leaked either. i'm glad that i didn't have high hopes for it, the story wasblah... the character adaptations weren't that great either with the exception of gambit and blob.
man,... that scene when deadpool took out his katanas like wolverine takes out his claws killed it for me...also when he shot out the red beam like cyclopsdoes
eyes.gif
sick.gif
also deadpool's other alias is "the merc with a mouth" he talks and talks and talks while he's fighting others, he's a lot morecomical, and he's insane. they didn't capture him correctly, imo

also how the heck did they manage to catch quicksilver?
laugh.gif
no way any ofthem could have caught them... no way! especially when he's with wanda.

hey guys what was up with the special effects? didnt see it but I heard wolverine claws looked 8-bit from a gameboy

thats so pathetic on marvels parts

^Not always, but when he was in the bathroom, observing his new claws, %!*@ looked fake as hell. I wish someone has a picture of it somewhere.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I was watching Spiderman 2 earlier and I realized how spoiled TDK and Iron Man made us. Spiderman 2 is so cheesy now.
laugh.gif
Yep. All the Spiderman films were cheesy.
camel.jpg

before TDK was released spiderman 1 was the best super hero movie ever
I still think it might be better than TDK, not sure though, probably not but its second best for sure

spiderman 2 was ok also

I think super hero movies became a problem when you have movies such as TDK to compare them to. Hell, you can even compare these movies to Ironman and some ofthese hero movies still fall short! Overall, my take on hero movies is not so much on staying true to the story (we know FOX will never do this) but I wantproduction to concentrate on their audience. These movies have to be targeted to an R-Rated audience. These characters are not kitty characters, there needs tobe a much darker side to these movies.

If Zack Snyder directed the movie it would have been EPIC...He turned down the Wolverine movie because he was doing Watchmen.

Like I said before if you go into watching a comic book movie with no expectations and an open mind, you will love them that much more.

Think about it, there is no way to keep a movie timeline or character accurate when one is trying to compress nearly 50 years of publication into 4 (X 1-3 andorigins) two hour movies.

I too lose track off that openminded-ness and get pissed off when they make Sabretooth Wolverines brother or in X2 Wolverine had no idea who Deathstryke waseven though they were engaged to one another.

But take LOTR for example, pretty much narrowed the book down 100%. You know why? Because LOTR are SET stories. X-Men is NOT a story.It's a seriel or soap, and there is no way they could cram all that backstory into them.

It's a loose adaption, not a copy.

hopefully one day they could take one small series and just make a movie out of it for US true comicbook heads, rather thentrying to appeal to a mass audience. I mean, they owe us that much right? We are the ones that made them the money and stayed loyal.

^^^ I don't know, as a fanboy I can't put the origins out of my mind.
They kept SpiderMan pretty true to the story, believe it or not but SpiderMan I & II were great movies.
It is a good set-up and it was great and being followed by SM2 was just amazing.
SM3 really killed that franchise but I believe they can boucne back as they plan to film SM4 & SM5 at the same time.

So it is possible to make great films. Batman Begins brought back that franchise and TDK just elevated it to new levels.
IronMan was a great beginning to that franchise and the sequel is looking great with an amazing cast.
I mean the villain they chose isn't the ideal for both IronMan and Batman Begins but it worked.
Those villains were not well known but they managed to make a great movie out of it.

So it really depends on the writer and director for the most part. A good to great superhero movie is possible.
Even the Incredible Hulk was pretty good.

I totally agree with you. But they are trying to put too many stories into one movie. And honestly, they dont HAVE to give a backround story to each freaginmutant in the film.

If this movie was soley about the Origins it would have been a boring movie, but they had to encorporate Weapon X in there as well and I think thats whatruined for me. Plus they butchered Deadpool. They need writers who actually feel the same way we do. Otherwise we will keep getting crap that we dont want tosee.

HOWEVER, although X2 had its moments where you were like ++$? It was a GREAT movie IMO. X2 to me is the best comic book movie ever made...yeah I said it.

I was never that big into the X-men comic books, so I could care less about about how accurate the movie was to the comics. I loved it

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Why Professor X got Botox?

Why Cyclops scream all crazy when he was blasting them guards?
laugh.gif
My friends and I were talking about the same thing when we came out of the movies. The scene where Wolverine was was cutting up the ladder was
sick.gif
and not in a good way.

Prof. X looked so fake in that scene, they had to make him look so much younger but damn it looked bad. They should have just had him in the wheel chair already but I guess in the X-Men First Class Origins, they'll make it a story on how he becomes crippled?

Also, if Cyclops were in HS and Gambit must have been at least in his late 20's to early 30's, that would make Gambit at least 10-15 years older than Cyclops?
plus this movie is supposely taking place like mid-80's (or so I've heard).
Also, why was Cyclops there in the first place? If he was saved by Wolverine as a kid, then why in X1 Cyclops had no recollection of Wolverine atall? Surely he was blind at the time, but you don't figure to ask some one, "yo, who the #$*! was the dude that came in, busted us out of these cellsand saved our damn lives?" and some one would of told him "some hairy dude with metal claws coming out the back of his hands", then Cyclopswould see him years later and be like, "Woah this dude looks like the guy they described saved my life...oh what he has the same name? oh #+%+ it'shim, sweet, he's a stand up dude, he saved my life, I'm gonna be cool with him".

So I have sat back a few days a thought about exactly what I saw. I went in with no expectations other than CGI. I have no idea how people can call this a goodmovie. It suffered from, if not more, cheesiness that assassinated spiderman 3. Charcter development was non-existent or certain charcters were pointless(gambit). The back story of logan and victor was weak at best. I think they just tried to add too many mutants for the cool factor.

Yes, I agree that they definitely should have explored the animal that was wolverine and the transformation to the man. There was no exploration. Just onecheesy line " I am the best at what I do." But when? I didn't see it. If I recall he didn't even do anything when they went on that mission.

Am I the only one who thought the adamantium bullet to the brain memory loss was corny as @#*@!! Are you serious?

The final fight should have been a blood bath between logan and creed but I guess PG13 wasn't havin that.

I will not comment on deadpool because it just brings anger
smh.gif

I hated it, I thought the film sucked. I can't really add much more to the criticisms that people have already made, because people have mostly hit thenail on the head. There were far too many things wrong with this movie - too many glaring mistakes etc.What makes me mad is that they took some of the bestcomic book mythology and totally mutilated it in a PG13 film to make money. Its what you come to expect nowadays, but I suppose Christopher Nolan spoiled usall so much with his Batman films that when Fox comes out with such rubbish like this then its almost as though we were meant to hate it.

I'm kind of angry at Jackman too, he's adopted this Wolverine character as his own because he can grow a beard, but if he's such a big fan then heshould have really fought Fox as much as he could. Wolverine needs an R18 film badly, but Jackman seems to disagree. Kids always end up seeing R18 films anyway - thats just a fact of life.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GEN0ME

I'm kind of angry at Jackman too, he's adopted this Wolverine character as his own because he can grow a beard, but if he's such a big fan then he should have really fought Fox as much as he could. Wolverine needs an R18 film badly, but Jackman seems to disagree. Kids always end up seeing R18 films anyway - thats just a fact of life.

indifferent.gif

I think I remember reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back how Jackman feels that the Wolverine character put him on the map. So I'm guessing he'll dowhatever FOX says/asks.

And yeah, most kids (tweens at least) usually end up seeing R rated flicks anyway. Terminator has been rumored to be R rated. Does anyone really think thatwill stop all them teenyboppers from seeing it somehow?

Hey_

Originally Posted by bull3t

If Zack Snyder directed the movie it would have been EPIC...He turned down the Wolverine movie because he was doing Watchmen.

Lets not get carried away.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Originally Posted by bull3t

Lets not get carried away.

Julius F. Wrek
laugh.gif
Exactly. The director is still the slave to the studio.If anything FOX would have driven him to quit.

I think I remember reading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back how Jackman feels that the Wolverine character put him on the map. So I'm guessing he'll do whatever FOX says/asks.

laugh.gif
Slave. IMO Wolverine needed a R rating. The guys whodeveloped the game made it M because they are comic geeks (no offense) because they wanted to stay true to his character and psyche.

Terminator was rumored to be R but the MPAA rated it PG-13. Those movies have never been about gore but story. As long as the story is good with some intenseaction I'll be satisfied.

thanks fox for making deadpool into baraka. smh
movie was fun, but still disappointing.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I was never that big into the X-men comic books, so I could care less about about how accurate the movie was to the comics. I loved it
QFE.

Now I'm an avid X-men fan, and I could nitpick this film, but like I said it's a GOOD movie. Most people havenever even read the source material. You can't fault FOX for noticing
grin.gif

How many damn projects Jackman signing on to do?
laugh.gif

Dude gonna be pushin movies for 5 years straight if all those things get made.

imo, if they go with the film set in Japan, they are going to even further push their fans to the limit. Everyone in here is questioning the timing/legitmacyof the sequences from this film to X1, wouldn't it be even worse sending Wolverine to Japan where it'll be just him with nothing else connecting thedots? Who else would be a part of that storyline in Japan?

Hey_

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

QFE.

Now I'm an avid X-men fan, and I could nitpick this film, but like I said it's a GOOD movie. Most people have never even read the source material. You can't fault FOX for noticing
grin.gif

Even if you were to ignore the source material entirely. its still a "meh" movie.

You'll forget you even saw it soon enough.

Nothing memorable about it.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

QFE.

Now I'm an avid X-men fan, and I could nitpick this film, but like I said it's a GOOD movie. Most people have never even read the source material. You can't fault FOX for noticing
grin.gif

Even if you were to ignore the source material entirely. its still a "meh" movie.

You'll forget you even saw it soon enough.

Nothing memorable about it.

Julius F. Wrek

Thanks for posting that podcast (they just got another subscriber) Are you one of them?

Back
Top Bottom