This.

PS3- $399

Xbox- $299
Wireless Adapter -$99
Live- $60 per year.
Blu-Ray - $200

Total Cost for PS3 - $399
Total Cost for 360 - $660

360 all day. PS3 sucks online. I have friends who want to trade theirs in and more people have it. There is nothing like playing halo or call of duty withfriends 5 in the morning. when you get one add me.... Kurteezy

Originally Posted by marcgrat

PS3- $399

Xbox- $299
Wireless Adapter -$99
Live- $60 per year.
Blu-Ray - $200

wHO SAYS HE NEEDS ALL OF THAT. IF YOU GONNA DO THAT. dO HEAD SETS EXTRA HARD DRIVE EXTRA CONTROLLER. I PLAY ONLINE EVERYDAY AND DIDN'T NEED A WIRELESSADAPTER

Originally Posted by KRaphael92

Originally Posted by marcgrat

PS3- $399

Xbox- $299
Wireless Adapter -$99
Live- $60 per year.
Blu-Ray - $200

wHO SAYS HE NEEDS ALL OF THAT. IF YOU GONNA DO THAT. dO HEAD SETS EXTRA HARD DRIVE EXTRA CONTROLLER. I PLAY ONLINE EVERYDAY AND DIDN'T NEED A WIRELESS ADAPTER
he didnt say its needed its just what ps3 already has inside compared to what you would have to buy extra if you wanted it to be equivalent toeach other

xbox has a headset included... but for ps3 you could use any bluetooth or usb mic

ps3 also has an internet browser, the capability to install a Linux OS, and i drag/drop movies onto my iPod and "force open" some files to watch on atv (i've tried to do that on someone else's xbox plenty of times)

i guess i'm coming off pro-ps3 now but i still want a xbox

Whoah Whoah Whoah, did dude just say the 360 has better graphics than the ps3?

Heavenly Sword (Which was released when the ps3 was first released like 3 years ago) > anything the 360 has

Plus those gifs that iheartboost posted you have no ground to stand on saying it has better graphics.

PS3

a lot easier to upgrade hard drive

blu ray

good games are already out and its on par with the 360, besides Halo and GOW or maybe Fable, what else does 360 have over ps3?

PS3 has MGS4, and the highly anticipated Kill Zone 2 on the horizon. Most good games are available for both systems anyway so imo the quality of the games aretied. And if you are going to get street fighter 4, you will have a more enjoyable experience with a ps3 controller than a 360 controller.

OP.. I was in the same position you were in last week. CONTEMPLATED HARD on which system to buy. Finally settled for the PS3, and let me tell... betterinvestment. Graphics are amazing, if not, slightly better than the 360, built in blu-ray(can't go wrong with that, voted best blu-ray player in the marketby CNN), WI-FI (Wireless adapter costs 80 dollars for the 360), FREE online (PSN has been smooth for me). Plus, do you really want the constant worries of RRODlingering in the back of your mind? If your warranty runs out, it costs 100 dollars or so to fix the xbox.

Not to mention, most of the top-notched games that are available on the 360 are also widely available on the ps3. Both systems share multi-platform games(sansGears of War and Halo).

Aside from Gears of War and Halo(which I'm not a fan of), ps3 games are on par with the 360. Not to mention, Killzone 2 is dropping soon, and Resistance 2is out.

conclusion, COP A PS3 SON.

Originally Posted by polkaaspott

Originally Posted by mattfoley7

Seriously you can get a 360 for 199 and a Sony or Panasonic blu ray player for about 150-180. You just gotta shop around.
but you dont wanna get the arcade pack cause it doesnt come with a hdd

360 pro blu-ray player
$300 + $150 = $450
Actually MS is already including I believe a 256mb or 512mb memory card w/ the arcade model. Also you can a 20gb hdd from MS for 20.00 so I'llcorrect myself and you.
360 arcade 200
20gb hdd 20
blu ray 150 = 370

I own a PS3 and 360 and bar none all my online play is on the 360 even though I have Resistance 1 & 2, warhawk, and motorstorm. I've yet to startuncharted and Resistance 2 campaign. Also the PS3 has only been out for 2 years.

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

IMO you cant go wrong with both....only deciding factor is if you want games

BTW i have both systems
fixed
Ps3 is just system thats very powerful and sounds
eek.gif
when you find out what its capable of BUT you have to realize that your purchasing a video game system NOT some computer type @%$%

PS3. No contest.
Great games.
Great blu ray player.
The system can play any videos added to the hardrive.
Wifi.
Durable and reliable.
Better value IMO. Especially for the long run.

Originally Posted by polkaaspott

Seriously you can get a 360 for 199 and a Sony or Panasonic blu ray player for about 150-180. You just gotta shop around.
but you dont wanna get the arcade pack cause it doesnt come with a hdd

360 pro blu-ray player
$300 + $150 = $450
Actually MS is already including I believe a 256mb or 512mb memory card w/ the arcade model. Also you can a 20gb hdd from MS for 20.00 so I'll correct myself and you.
360 arcade 200
20gb hdd 20
blu ray 150 = 370

I own a PS3 and 360 and bar none all my online play is on the 360 even though I have Resistance 1 & 2, warhawk, and motorstorm. I've yet to start uncharted and Resistance 2 campaign. Also the PS3 has only been out for 2 years.
256mb or 512mb is nothing and the 20gb hdd is between +$30-$40 and there's the xbox live fee

360 arcade 200
20gb hdd 32 (cheapest on amazon)
blu ray 150
xbox live 50
total: $432

just adding, there's a special promotion where you can get $150 off a ps3 when you sign up for a playstation credit card

i got my ps3 for $126 last december through sony's credit card point system
so i used the "sony points" and paid the difference

well if you're willing to wait, then the ps3 games will come. but that excuse has been said since the release of the ps3 and i'm still waiting! but ushould check what are the xbox 360 exclusives and if they excite you that much to buy the xbox 360.

i'd say the biggest factor is the online play because that'll make the cost basically the same on each if you do want to play online. there's alotof people posting the MSRP prices for both consoles and accessories but it's possible to find everything cheaper. dell has been selling both the PS3 andxbox for cheaper even tho that deal is dead right now, i think it'll come back.

but if you wait, the prices below are what you can get.

PS3 - $320+tax (from dell) = ~$350

Xbox Arcade- $160+tax (from dell)
Controller + 20GB HDD (refurb) from Circuit City - $40+tax
Wireless Adapter - if you got a laptop, then you don't need this. if you don't then there are alternatives that can be bought for about $20-30
Live - $50
Total: ~$300 w/ tax + $50/yr for live

i'd say just get a ps3 so you'll get more for your money in the end.

I have both, Ps3 is really good Xbox online has a lot more features like party mode but when that day the rings comes for you will be heated i been though 3xbox360's you get used to it after a while

I also need some help on which system to get.

The only factor in mines is the price range.

I know PS3 price will keep on dropping and I don't mind waiting for a year for it.

I was thinking of getting a 360 but how much is a premium? If the difference is only $100 then I am willing to fork out the extra for the better system.

I got both so I'd suggest that you get....

A Wii...

Nah seriously, get both...

Back
Top Bottom