• Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Nevermind about GH being a platform.

"The GHL guitar will be forward-compatiable with any new guitar hero games that MIGHT come out during this console cycle."

sick.gif

Rock Band 4 wins by a landslide.

It's gonna be the same deal as last gen with the music games :lol:

Is Rock Band 4 supposedly gonna be the only Rock Band this gen?

I just don't see them doing that, they made so much money with the "expansions" last gen.

It's gonna be the same deal as last gen with the music games
laugh.gif

I just don't see them doing that, they made so much money with the "expansions" last gen.
It will not. Harmonix is coming back with a new attitude(thank you for supporting us, now we'll support our fans).

They're releasing a platform and will support it for the whole console generation.

Activision will most likely publish good music games for $$$ ala Destiny and COD.

Last gen, RB had to compete with GH. It was a battle for marketshare. If either studio put out an expansion/solo artist game, best believe the competition was doing something similar. RB/GH are going in different directions this gen, so we're not going to see what happened last gen. I have faith.

When I heard the devs. of both games talking about their games, it's clear that RB4 will be the dominant party game.

Last edited:
It's gonna be the same deal as last gen with the music games :lol:

It will not. Harmonix is coming back with a new attitude(thank you for supporting us, now we'll support our fans).
They're releasing a platform and will support it for the whole console generation.
Activision will most likely publish good music games for $$$ ala Destiny and COD.

Last gen, RB had to compete with GH. It was a battle for marketshare. If either studio put out an expansion/solo artist game, best believe the competition was doing something similar. RB/GH are going in different directions this gen, so we're not going to see what happened last gen. I have faith.

When I heard the devs. of both games talking about their games, it's clear that RB4 will be the dominant party game.

Let me ask you then, what can you possible do different with music games this gen as opposed to last gen? Obviously graphics don't matter and I don't think you can really improve gameplay mechanics (can you?). I've been trying to find videos on YT to explain why you should invest in music games this gen. Personally I have 0 interest in these games but my son does so I figured I'd look into them.

Let me ask you then, what can you possible do different with music games this gen as opposed to last gen? Obviously graphics don't matter and I don't think you can really improve gameplay mechanics (can you?). I've been trying to find videos on YT to explain why you should invest in music games this gen. Personally I have 0 interest in these games but my son does so I figured I'd look into them.
A lot of things, in terms of gameplay/releases. Guitar Hero is adding first person mode and a music video mode. Rock Band 4 being a platform is the biggest difference.

RB will be adding features that supposedly help with player expression. They'll be showing that off at e3.

RB/GH has improved gameplay mechanics over the years, so I think that'll be true this gen. In the RB/GH early days, you just hit notes.

By the end of the initial RB/GH run. You could hit accents, hit intensity, guitar solos, double bass, use electronic drums, the list goes on.

In a Harmonix podcast,

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/episode144/

they talked about some of the playtesting of RB4's new features. How in the early stages, they had to tell players that it'd be rough. By the end, everything came together. People playtesting supposedly enjoyed the new features. That podcast talks about playtesting in general and how RB4's playtesting has went.

You'll have to wait until e3 for Harmonix to show their hand to you for a better answer.

If I had to answer that question, I'd say because RB4 will be the best party game of this gen.

I'm liking this trend of actors crossing over to video games.

Blood Diamond-esque game made by ND with Djimon Hounsou.
eek.gif

Last edited:
Blood Diamond by ND would be :smokin I'm convinced that anything ND touches will be great tho

The Witcher 3 looks great but I think I'll have to wait for the GOTY edition, I'm not going to have enough time to play through all that content anytime soon.

Blood Diamond by ND would be
smokin.gif
I'm convinced that anything ND touches will be great tho

The Witcher 3 looks great but I think I'll have to wait for the GOTY edition, I'm not going to have enough time to play through all that content anytime soon.
ND is the only one I'd trust with that type of story.

I still need to play TW2.

My 360 hdd isn't being recognized anymore for whatever reason.

Lost years worth of save data.
frown.gif

Trimmed my backlog though.
ohwell.gif

If i get knocked out of this $500 Duty tourney early ill hop on HALO for sure and run with some Nters 

Oh, the thing that guy isn't doing for The Witcher. Yeah, it is pretty cool.
Keep trying sweatydraws88.

And I said celebs have been doing VA in games for a long time.

Long enough that I wouldn't consider it a trend.

If by crossing over to video games you mean facial capture stuff, your post didn't indicate that at all.

So you should try saying what you mean in the first place.

Oh, the thing that guy isn't doing for The Witcher. Yeah, it is pretty cool.
Keep trying sweatydraws88.

And I said celebs have been doing VA in games for a long time.

Long enough that I wouldn't consider it a trend.

If by crossing over to video games you mean facial capture stuff, your post didn't indicate that at all.

So you should try saying what you mean in the first place.
"Crossing over" was the insinuation of it

Back
Top Bottom