Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
You'll only be able to play Madden NFL 15 before its Aug. 26 launch if you own an Xbox One and subscribe to EA Access. There will be no publicly available demo, a representative for publisher Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon today.

That bucks a trend nearly a decade long. EA has released a downloadable demo on consoles for every Madden title since Madden NFL 06 in 2005, although that game's trial came out shortly after the title itself launched alongside the Xbox 360. A playable Madden demo is traditionally available approximately two weeks prior to release.

Asked to provide details on why there won't be a Madden 15 demo, the EA spokesperson declined to clarify. But it's worth noting that last month, EA announced an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service called EA Access. The program, which costs $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year, includes up to five days of pre-release access to upcoming EA titles.

I was right lol. UFC pricing error from last month.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/5991063/madden-nfl-15-no-demo-ea-access

Last edited:
Bruh's this EA Access deal is really amazing stuff man. Only 30 dollars for the year and I got Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, and Peggle?! Plus more games to come? Plus access to new games 5 days early? Plus 10% off all EA digital titles in the future?! Pretty sure it's the greatest deal ever. And only Xbox exclusive? :nthat:

Last edited:
Backwards compatibility is being toss around as a rumor for Xbox gamescon
Really cannot see it happening at all. Theyve said in the past the differences between the consoles' OSs are too great. But I would love to be able to play DSII on my One. Would no longer have an excuse for not finishing :lol:

Last edited:
^^ Still gotta pay for them, you just get 10% off if you buy the downloadable version. And from what I could gather I think the games that you can play early are only demo versions, not full versions (I could be wrong on that though). And only "old" games are gonna be in the Vault, right? Doesn't sound too appealing to me. I bought the 1 month subscription just to give it a try.

Would you be able to get the new madden and FIFA when they drop :nerd:

no. you'll get them 10% off digitally. They'll probably be put in the vault next year sometime

Current Vault games
Madden 25
Fifa 14
Peggle 2
Battlefield 4

Upcoming EA Vault games
Need for speed
Plants vs zombies
UFC
NBA Live 14

Upcoming EA new game releases
Madden 15
Live 15
Fifa 15
Dragon Age
Battlefield Hardline

Last edited:
Bruh's this EA Access deal is really amazing stuff man. Only 30 dollars for the year and I got Madden, FIFA, Battlefield, and Peggle?! Plus more games to come? Plus access to new games 5 days early? Plus 10% off all EA digital titles in the future?! Pretty sure it's the greatest deal ever. And only Xbox exclusive?
nthat.gif
And a paycheck from EA?

And a paycheck from EA?
Don't see the reason to hate man. 30 dollars is seriously nothing for all that content. I understand the games are older, but I don't typically buy the newer version of a game like Battlefield or FIFA right away every year anyway. It's only 30 damn bucks lol
It is a great deal if you love sports games. If you like one or two sports games, maybe not so much.

As it stands right now, not a fan of it.... but if they are smart (and it's EA, they know how to make money), they'll adjust it down the line. 

^^ Still gotta pay for them, you just get 10% off if you buy the downloadable version. And from what I could gather I think the games that you can play early are only demo versions, not full versions (I could be wrong on that though). And only "old" games are gonna be in the Vault, right? Doesn't sound too appealing to me. I bought the 1 month subscription just to give it a try.

Early access to games are full versions and not demos, I just believe your limited to 2 hours of actual gameplay.

X1 Is doing their Gamescom tomorrow, right? Looking forward to Quantum Break.

Back
Top Bottom