Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
[COLOR=#red]super time force looks entertaining.

but this games with gold has been ridiculous.

wonder when EA will drop NFS for the vault. [/COLOR]

not exactly, you can just plug up an external or any type storage device and run the games off of it.
how are the speeds for those running external HD's? Just curious since I'm sure the externals are using USB and these games run crazy amounts of data.

Would an external SSD be better?

not exactly, you can just plug up an external or any type storage device and run the games off of it.
how are the speeds for those running external HD's? Just curious since I'm sure the externals are using USB and these games run crazy amounts of data.

Would an external SSD be better?

I've noticed a slight speed increase on my WD 2tb USB 3 drive.

Not dramatic, but I load games up to ~7-10 seconds faster (boot up) than people I play with online using their internal drive

SSD might have faster speeds but I dont remember off the top of my head if USB3.0 can tap into the speed of SSD or not. I think it can.

Not like the SATA 3 on my lap top tho :evil: :lol:

Last edited:
Garbage with gold is more like it. Can I not get the games and pay less a month? :smh:

It's one thing to offer completely different games and they happen to suck, but to offer the same garbage game again? :x

was gonna sell titanfall and bb for 32 but pilot skirmish mode.................................................just when I thought I was out

I've noticed a slight speed increase on my WD 2tb USB 3 drive.

Not dramatic, but I load games up to ~7-10 seconds faster (boot up) than people I play with online using their internal drive

SSD might have faster speeds but I dont remember off the top of my head if USB3.0 can tap into the speed of SSD or not. I think it can.

Not like the SATA 3 on my lap top tho
devil.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Thanks for the help everyone.

I feel like some of you have such a limited scope in games you play GwG is bound to be a disappointment.

But it's the same problem that PS+ has right now. There are so few retail games available right now that neither MS/Sony want to give them out for free just yet.

Garbage with gold is more like it. Can I not get the games and pay less a month? :smh:

It's one thing to offer completely different games and they happen to suck, but to offer the same garbage game again? :x

:lol: i wish it worked like that...

I wish they'd do a 15% off all purchases or something instead of GWG at this point :smh:

Aren't you paying the exact same amount as before they started giving games away?

I feel like some of you have such a limited scope in games you play GwG is bound to be a disappointment.

But it's the same problem that PS+ has right now. There are so few retail games available right now that neither MS/Sony want to give them out for free just yet.

I agree with this to a certain extent.

But you gotta admit its shady to promise "2 free games a month" and very sly like offer the same game month after month and get away with it because they didn't say 2 new games a month.

I think it deals a lot with the expectation M$ gave their fan base versus what we got.

Games with gold trash but not enough gives to give out anything good yet. Should of just cancelled gwg for sept and pushed destiny release date up

Games with gold trash but not enough gives to give out anything good yet. Should of just cancelled gwg for sept and pushed destiny release date up
I don't know

Max - great
Spartan assault - trash
Guacamelee- great
Strike suit- trash
Crimson dragon- meh. Not completely terrible
Super time force- good

The games aren't triple A but not completely bad.

Best free game BY FAR was Guacamelee. With that said I would never have spent a dime on it.

Like others have said, they should just give out 15% off codes or something for new games, or give you the choice to download the free games.

Quick question for you xbox one heads - In the market for a new console and reading reviews I seen you can upgrade the internal HD to SSD on a ps4. Can you do this for an xbox one?

Sorry, I've Google'd it but all I get is articles about which HD's I can replace it with and they are all HDD. I guess that answers my question, but I just want to check in to see if it is possible.
An upgrading to an SSD isn't worth it, in my opinion.

The xb1 hdd is not user replaceable.

Quote:Originally Posted by iYen  

I made some comparison timings for the 4 Tb Fandom 7200 RPM USB 3.0 External Hard which can be purchased on amazon.com here Amazon product ASIN B00A0HZUB2[1] . When installed, the Xbox One allowed 3.6 Tb of available storage from the hard drive. This drive has a flashing blue LED that can be blocked off with electrical tape. It gets quite warm, but that is to be expected from a fanless drive in an aluminum case.

Product Manual: http://www.micronet.com/support/manuals/GForce3_USB3_Manual_102110.pdf[2]

All times are calculated starting from the Games & Apps screen on the Xbox One Home screen and were closed out from the Quit option after pressing the Menu button on a windowed game screen. Some of the times are broken down from start up to reaching the Main Menu and others are from start up through going to the Main Menu then into loading an actual singleplayer or multiplayer game. My less than desirable bandwidth speed may also affect some of the multiplayer loading times.

Unless otherwise noted, I did not skip any opening cutscenes or logos animations so times can be cut even further for both internal/external by skipping these loading screens.

Dead Rising 3

Internal:

1:12 - Reach the Main Menu

2:07 - Continue Story and load from game Start Up.

External:

Test #1:

0:49 - Reach the Main Menu

1:23 - Continue Story and load from game Start Up.

Test #2:

0:51 - Reach the Main Menu

1:23 - Continue Story and load from game Start Up.

Test #3:

0:45 - Reach the Main Menu

1:20 - Continue Story and load from game Start Up.

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare:

Internal:

1:10 - Reach the Main Menu from Start Up.

2:04 - Join a Welcome Mat Multiplayer Game from Start Up.

External:

Test #1:

1:03 - Reach the Main Menu from Start Up.

1:54 - Join a Welcome Mat Multiplayer Game from Start Up.

Test #2:

1:03 - Reach the Main Menu from Start Up.

1:45 - Join a Welcome Mat Multiplayer Game from Start Up.

Test #3

1:04 - Reach the Main Menu from Start Up.

1:58 - Join a Welcome Mat Multiplayer Game from Start Up.

Watch Dogs:

Continue game during a mission from start up.

Internal: 2:24

External:

Test #1: 1:48 * had to sign into Ubisoft servers @ Main Menu

Test #2: 1:42

Test #3: 1:41

Battlefield 4

Internal:

0:27 - Reach the Multiplayer Main Menu from start up.

1:12 - Spawn into a Quick Match game from start up.

External:

Test #1

0:32 - Reach the Multiplayer Main Menu from start up.

1:31 - Spawn into a Quick Match game from start up.

Test #2:

0:22 - Reach the Multiplayer Main Menu from start up.

1:14 - Spawn into a Quick Match game from start up.

Test #3:

0:21 - Reach the Multiplayer Main Menu from start up.

0:59 - Spawn into a Quick Match game from start up.

Titanfall:

Titanfall can take a while to find an open game so I didn't time joining a game as it would be hard to get a consistent recording over multiple attempts.

Internal:

0:51 - Reach the Main Menu.

External:

Test #1:

0:44 - Reach the Main Menu.

Test #2:

0:47 - Reach the Main Menu.

Test #3:

0:45 - Reach the Main Menu

Halo: Spartan Assault

Starting a singleplayer game on Mission A-1.

Internal:

0:50

External:

Test #1: 0:43

Test #2: 0:41

Test #3:40

Worms Battlegrounds

Skipped Opening Cutscene after announcer says Hello.

Internal

0:50 - Reach the Main Menu.

1:22 - Load first level of Campaign from game start up.

External

Test #1:

0:45 - Reach the Main Menu.

1:15 - Load first level of Campaign from game start up.

Test #2:

Test #3:

Zoo Tycoon:

Continue with saved game from game start up.

Internal:

1:42

External:

Test #1: 1:28

Test #2: 1:28

Test #3: 1:26

Currently, you can save and play games from your external hdd.

In the sept update, you'll be able to play media files from your exterbal hdd.

You can't please anyone apparently when it comes to subscription games offered.

I personally think any game I dont already own is great. At least try it out. I've discovered some really fun games simply because they were offered. 

I don't understand the demand for 9 or 10/10 games. What's wrong with playing a good game? Not every game is going to have some crazy memorable experience.

I would have never bout guac or max and they were great, plus I been wanting to play super time force...

Dont see what all the complaining is about

Back
Top Bottom