Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters

I think it's really interesting. Seeing how specific strategies succeed and fail, marketing to specific demos, ect.

I took and enjoyed marketing in college though, so that might be why. 
laugh.gif

And I think as a consumer, you'd love to see all three companies neck and neck.
Too bad 3rd parties won't develop for Nintendo
mean.gif

I know most of us in here likes and enjoy our XB1, but man it's getting slaughtered right now in sales compared to the PS4.

I was reading the comments from a video @Antidope posted from IGN about Halo and one comment said that M$ is trying to save face by combining the 360 and XB1 sales to keep afoot with the PS4 sales since the PS4 is almost quadrupled and some against the XB1 alone.

I see Boost posting and bragging in the title of the PS4 thread everyone month when the sales numbers come out
laugh.gif

I wonder how they plan to combat this and compete but I must say I'm more than happy with my XB1 and have no complaints.
The xb1 is selling more units than it's predecessor. m$ ....ed on the reveal and the head of xbox had the most punchable face.

At this moment, xb1's offerings trump ps4's offerings.

Boost is the biggest $ony fanboy. The ps4's sales boosts his ego as well as other $ony fanboys.

Memphis was wrong for putting xbox won in the xb1 thread title though.

Here's an interview that touches on your post topic

I wonder who actually cares about sales. Like how does that in any way affect you?
People who attach their self worth to the items they own.

People attach their self worth to their iphones and jordans.

Some people attach their self worth to their game consoles.

I stand by my statement.
Played Halo 3 to completion in 07 and played the first level of Halo Reach.
Same game mechanics brahs.

Isn't sprint equipped on Reach's first level though?
Yeah, but pretty much everything else felt Halo 3ish.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/1080p-debate-is-a-weird-echo-chamber-far-cry-dev-s/1100-6423202/
[h1]1080p Debate Is A "Weird Echo Chamber," Far Cry Dev Says[/h1][h2]Alex Hutchinson adds that people don't buy games for resolution alone.[/h2]
Far Cry 4 creative director Alex Hutchinson is not interested what a game's resolution is--1080p or otherwise--so long as what he's playing is fun and feels new. Fresh and unique experiences sell games, not necessarily 1080p resolution, he says in a new interview with Total Xbox.

"It's certainly not something I care about in a game," Hutchinson says, also confirming that Far Cry 4's target resolution is 1080p across Xbox One and PlayStation 4. "It feels weird to me that people are cool about playing a sort of retro pixel game, and yet the resolution somehow matters. It's like: is it fun, is it interesting, is it new, is it fresh, are there interesting questions?"
"It feels weird to me that people are cool about playing a sort of retro pixel game, and yet the resolution somehow matters" -- Alex Hutchinson
Hutchinson went on to say that some people might not even be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 900p in certain circumstances. "I'm just in it for the experience, I'll play a SNES game if it's cool," he said.

He added that creating new gameplay experiences, instead of just boosting graphics, is where he wants to place his focus. "If our thing is 'woo, the same exact thing you had before, at twice the resolution, instead of a new thing'... A new spin or an evolution, I think is much more interesting," he said.

Hutchinson's comments come after Crysis developer Crytek said earlier this month that it's getting increasingly difficult to "wow" people with graphics.

Asked when he thinks gamers will stop caring about a game's visual performance above all else, Hutchinson suggested that, in a way, they already have.

"I think they already have secretly," he said. "Think about how things used to be--it used to be the graphics on the back of a box that sold a game. And even since the Xbox 360 and the PS3, that sort of era, like early 2000, I feel like 99 percent of the time it's gone away."

The topic has resurfaced of late, Hutchinson said, due to the conversation about the relative power of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. "It's [only brought up] because of the disparity, the idea that one version is being held back. I don't think that has sold consoles for a while now, he said.

Overall, Hutchinson said just because 1080p might make headlines frequently, it doesn't mean it's a topic that's actually a meaningful one for a large percentage of gamers.

"It's the same challenge we had all across the business, where five percent of the audience is online commenting, and 95 percent are just buying them or not buying them," he said. "We create these weird echo chambers for those issues, and sometimes I wonder, I don't think this is real."

Far Cry 4 is in development for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC. The game launches on November 18 across all platforms, and the PS4 version has a special multiplayer perk. The game's release next month could be followed up with a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon-style spinoff, too, according to previous comments from Hutchinson.
[h2]  [/h2]

it can dictate if they are going to try funding new IP's. If sales are sluggish they might just release sequels or buy exclusivity for certain games (Tomb Raider)
Then wouldn't it be smarter to hope everything does well so we get more of everything? The whole console "war" thing is hilariously pathetic

I wonder who actually cares about sales. Like how does that in any way affect you?
it does have an effect on the consumers because companies like MS and Sony are affected by it. i personally feel that sales are important because it has an adverse effect on what we see on consoles and longevity as well as what we will see on them especially how the popular medium for media is constantly changing. it makes me wonder what and when these companies would ever change the meaning to a home console as is going to the download route and internet subscription based imo

Last edited:
Maybe a few of you in here can help me out. I was on amazon just looking through possible games to get, and I stumbled upon the new Turtle Beach wireless headphones. At $230 I began to research...because I don't get it.

I understand games like Halo and COD have tournaments and competitions...but what is the benefit of these super expensive headphones?

You can hear sound better...what benefit does it have to your actual gaming and performance? What makes them worth that much in relation to effect on gaming?

it does have an effect on the consumers because companies like MS and Sony are affected by it. i personally feel that sales are important because it has an adverse effect on what we see on consoles and longevity as well as what we will see on them especially how the popular medium for media is constantly changing. it makes me wonder what and when these companies would ever change the meaning to a home console as is going to the download route and internet subscription based imo

Then wouldn't it be smarter to hope everything does well so we get more of everything? The whole console "war" thing is hilariously pathetic

You can definitely get something cheaper. I bought the Turtle Beach PX4 for about $140 and it gets the job done. My only complaints are that it feels heavy after a while and you have to plug it into the controller. Once they come out with something that is completely wireless and works for both X1 and PS4, I'll then upgrade.

i wasn't talking about it from this "console war" perspective you keep talking about but rather a business standpoint. if you look at the sales numbers that the ps4 has over the x1 you see how many 180s that MS did that is helping MS move the x1 which is good imo because they know they screwed up with the x1 reveal and as a result they are trying to really push the x1. i think its good, healthy competition for the better 

Last edited:

Ubisoft please shut up. We were told and promised by you and the industry that HD resolution and 1080p gaming matter during the beginning of the 360 and ps3 cycle.
Now that you cant deliverer again and pushed our expectations to the limit, it doesn't matter. Deal with it.

text PLAY to 29502. 5% code instantly. You can use it during the price drop Microsoft store.

On November 2nd, Best Buy is offering a 50% trade-in bonus on videogames. I seem to remember two years ago, this applied to consoles as well

Last edited:
Maybe a few of you in here can help me out. I was on amazon just looking through possible games to get, and I stumbled upon the new Turtle Beach wireless headphones. At $230 I began to research...because I don't get it.

I understand games like Halo and COD have tournaments and competitions...but what is the benefit of these super expensive headphones?

You can hear sound better...what benefit does it have to your actual gaming and performance? What makes them worth that much in relation to effect on gaming?

I just want to know from those that have them, is it worth the $ and did it improve your gaming at all...

^ I've never had any of the super expensive gaming headsets, but I've been using the entry-level ones since around '09. While they do give you advantages over players who aren't using them, they aren't gonna make you better at a game all of a sudden :lol:. The main advantage imo is that they allow you to hear other players' footsteps. It's a huge advantage when going up against someone who doesn't have a headset. They're also helpful hearing which direction bullets and other sounds are coming from.

Back when I started using them they were sort of a niche product and the advantages of using them were huge since most other people were just relying on their TV speakers. Nowadays they seem alot more prevalent so their advantages are sort of dulled a little bit. I don't have a pair for my XB1 but I'll probably be getting one when AW and MCC come out just because it's sort of become a "habit" of using them over the past 5 or so years.

Last edited:
What 180's are you referring to?
Like removing the DRM policies and restrictions that many people did not seem to like. they are selling the X1 without the kinect at a cheaper price and for a limited time they are selling the X11 for $350 as well as $450 with Kinect are all good things that MS is doing. And I can't forget all the software updates they've been doing too. Idk if you would consider the last points as 180s but MS is definitely making all the right decisions at the moment imo

Ubisoft please shut up. We were told and promised by you and the industry that HD resolution and 1080p gaming matter during the beginning of the 360 and ps3 cycle.
Now that you cant deliverer again and pushed our expectations to the limit, it doesn't matter. Deal with it.
Ubisoft isn't one person. It's unclear if the people who made those promises that you claim are the same people in the article.

Like removing the DRM policies and restrictions that many people did not seem to like. they are selling the X1 without the kinect at a cheaper price and for a limited time they are selling the X11 for $350 as well as $450 with Kinect are all good things that MS is doing. And I can't forget all the software updates they've been doing too. Idk if you would consider the last points as 180s but MS is definitely making all the right decisions at the moment imo
The drm changes took place before the console was even released so I don't get how sales changed that. Software updates to the UI is to be expected with mass usage and input. Also most of the "updates" were announced back when the console dropped.

Only thing I get is the price drops for the systems. Thing is that doesn't do much good for us who have it already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom