Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Oh yeah does anyone know where the serial number for the headset adapter is so I can register it and send it back.
I think it's on the inside of the adapter. It's a 6 digit number;on the right side of connecter.

[@=/u/37706/iYen]@iYen[/@]

Do you use that little 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable that came with the adapter for those earbuds?

If so how do you do it?

Those earbuds you posted are 3.5mm so you plug them in directly to the adapter with out that little cable.

I think I have a faulty headset adapter and I am going to try to send it back and if not I'm going to return it to Walmart with that no receipt return policy and see what happens.

Man I hope it's not the system or the controller though.

Will keep searching online for some solutions to this problem.
Correct, you won't need that converter cable.
Have you updated your controller?
Connect your controller to your xb1 to see if you need to update your controller.
  1. Make sure your console is on and you’re signed in and connected to Xbox Live.
    Note It’s important to connect to Xbox Live because your console will need the latest system update, which contains the newest controller software. If you’ve connected recently, your Xbox One is probably already up to date, but you should connect anyway just to be sure. If your console needs an update, you’ll be prompted to install one.
  2. Plug the Stereo Headset Adapter into the bottom of your controller.
  3. Plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
  4. Plug the big end of the included USB cable into the port on the side of the console.
  5. Plug the small end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
f6e8eecc-bac2-4f78-b5f6-558edfc05ffa.png

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

1. Instructions to install the update should automatically be displayed. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. (The process can take up to 3 minutes.)
    If instructions to install the update are not automatically displayed, you can start the process manually. To do this, press the Menu button, select Settings, select System, select Update controller, and then select Continue.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
5fc08fc7-cd29-4f63-b247-bc410e8d764e.png

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

1. When the update is complete, unplug the USB cable. If you have additional controllers to update, connect them now, one at a time, select the Update another button on the screen, and then follow the steps.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
afdd2817-571c-4512-9e3c-b15c8e262de3.png

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up to date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Controller is up to date and I just tried using the mic that came with my system and I see the speaker thing next to my name but I can't hear game audio.

When I say game audio I mean like the music and footsteps and gunfire and all that other stuff.

I still don't know how you guys are getting all of that without having anything plugged into the TV or the Xbox itself and getting the sound that comes out the TV speakers.

I will continue to trouble shoot this, but what if it's my system or controller :frown: I don't want to send it away right when MCC comes out.

You try adjusting the volume on the chat adapter? Press on the game controller icon and + at the same time.

And finally set up my TV with my Xbox. It's pretty cool. I might not used it much tho cause I game on a monitor, but we'll see.

btw, can i watch usb files on this thing yet?

Hold on i did not know you had to hold the controller and the + button.

I will try that in a little while.

I have to wait until I finish watching a movie with my chick.

fdb.

:lol:

give it a shot. if it doesn't work exchange it.

actually idk if you HAVE to hold it :lol: it's just what I do

Has anyone traded in their 360 or ps3 with microsoft yet? Do they give you a gift card that you can buy games with or do you have to get an x1?

Subscribed...just pre-ordered COD bundle 
happy.gif
 .  Play+Charge & GTA5 next.  Any other recommendations fellas?

Last edited:
Has anyone traded in their 360 or ps3 with microsoft yet? Do they give you a gift card that you can buy games with or do you have to get an x1?
its a credit towards the console. Cant buy other stuff with it

Subscribed...just pre-ordered COD bundle :D  .  Play+Charge & GTA5 next.  Any other recommendations fellas?

Sunset Overdrive and Halo( if its your cup of tea)

Do they give you a gift card that you can buy games with or do you have to get an x1?
In one of the past xb1 deals, they included a $50 gift card.

I don't think they'll do it again on BF, since they're dropping all these xb1 skus by $50.

Subscribed...just pre-ordered COD bundle 
happy.gif
 .  Play+Charge & GTA5 next.  Any other recommendations fellas?
I think the play/charge kit is a waste of money. I highly recommend getting rechargeable batteries instead. It's $5 cheaper and they last longer.

Amazon product ASIN B00JHKSN76
I'd recommend:
  • EA Access
  • Plants vs Zombies, titanfall, cod ghosts, rayman legends, shadow of mordor
  • Headset Adapter
  • earbuds with a mic Amazon product ASIN B0011TS8LM
  • 2tb-4tb western digital external or portable hard drive to store games. black friday or cyber monday should have some on sale
  • calibrating your tv:
  •  

Last edited:
Why do you not like the play and charge kit? It works fine for me and I never had any issues with it on the 360 either. To hell with batteries but to each is own.

I've always preferred a play and charge, rechargeable batteries always go bad for me.

I've got 2 controllers and just charge the other while I'm playing, 1 battery pack dies and I switch back and forth as I need to.

It isn't as convenient as the stand alone charger for the battery pack the 360 had but I like it better than looking for batteries.

The COD xbone is incredibly tacky. Wouldn't want that in my entertainment center.

Why do you not like the play and charge kit? It works fine for me and I never had any issues with it on the 360 either. To hell with batteries but to each is own.
I don't dislike the p/c kit itself. I just think the flexbility of rechargable batteries is better. You can use AAs for a lot of electronics, while the p/c is for your xb1.

I have p/c kits for my 360. With rechargables, I just use those for both my 360/xb1 controlelrs and other electronics.

Which brand of recharagables did you buy?

I've always preferred a play and charge, rechargeable batteries always go bad for me.

I've got 2 controllers and just charge the other while I'm playing, 1 battery pack dies and I switch back and forth as I need to.

It isn't as convenient as the stand alone charger for the battery pack the 360 had but I like it better than looking for batteries.
With rechargables, I just swap em out when they get low.

Put the dead ones on the charger and keep on there. So they're ready for use.

I also prefer not dealing with a wire.

I do the same thing as you, but with rechargeable batteries. 2 pairs on the charger, 1 in the controller. When they die I just swap em with a pair from the charger.

And it's actually the opposite for me (regarding batteries going bad). I had 2 play and charge kits for my 360. The first one died (wouldn't recharge, only worked when plugged in) after around a year so I got another one, and the same thing happened. That's when I started using rechargeable batteries. They're actually the same 3 pairs since I first bought them. Had em for around 3 years now. And like iYen said, I use them in other electronics too. Replacement cost is alot cheaper than a new play and charge kit too, although I've yet to have the need of replacing a pair, and technically wouldn't even have to since I have an extra pair on deck.

Last edited:
Played Evolve briefly early.. Damn, I know it's an Alpha but it ran like ****. Sluggish movements, real jittery pacing. It's gonna need some work.

Watched the Halo 2 doc... really good, fun watch. Brought up a lot of memories from a decade ago. Awesome.

Kind of want to do a diy Master Chief armor for halloween next year.

I'm watching it right now.

I think it's really cool that John Mayer did some music for H2 but didn't want to be credited.

Man, Sunset overdrive is such a fluid game. Like the set pieces are incredible with no frame rate drops at all. I just finished the Fargoth castle, boat mission and hero mission and wow, it was amazing

Man, Sunset overdrive is such a fluid game. Like the set pieces are incredible with no frame rate drops at all. I just finished the Fargoth castle, boat mission and hero mission and wow, it was amazing
Great to hear.

New information regarding Theater mode in Halo: The Master Chief Collection  has recently came out with the games manual  being posted online, and some of the new information may be a little disappointing to those picking up the collection this month.

Campaign Theater:

Campaign Theater was originally introduced with Halo 3  (and carried over into both Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach). This feature allowed you to rewatch Campaign games and even take screenshots to upload to your file share. This feature was sadly not present in Halo 4  on the Xbox 360 due to technical limitations.

In Halo: The Master Chief Collection, all four games will not feature Campaign Theater – Halo 3 included. Here’s the exact wording from the online manual:
“Unfortunately, Theater is not available for every game or mode. Game recordings are automatically generated from multiplayer matches  in Halo 2 Anniversary maps, Halo 3, and Halo 4. Theater is not available in Halo 1 or Halo 2.”
While we already knew Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary’s  Campaign wouldn’t feature Theater mode, the removal of support for Halo 3’s Campaign is a big step back to what works on the Xbox 360.

Film Clips & File Sharing:

Another neat option that Halo 3  introduced with Theater mode was film clips – a tool which allowed capture select moments from games and save them separately. This included stuff like multi-kills, sprees, tricks, funny moments, etc.

In Halo 2 Anniversary (Multiplayer) Halo 3,  and Halo 4 – players won’t have the option to create film clips, nor will you be able to upload them to your file shares. Halo: The Master Chief Collection automatically captures full multiplayer games from Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4 for viewing and these can be uploaded to your File Share.
“Note: Theater clips cannot be permanently saved to your File Share. We recommend streaming your games and using the Game DVR features to save your experiences.”
So it seems like old features like Campaign Theater in Halo 3 and film clips in multiple games is being phased out and replaced by the Xbox One’s built-in Game DVR.
Well Kinect just became worth the money, now that its the only way to get Halo clips

Halo montages just took a huge L, theater mode was how they got all the cool angles.

Honestly this was clearly Microsofts doing, forcing people to use their DVR features and whatnot.

That is disappointing but I'm not going to trip that much because my primary use of theater was reviewing my own game film for mistakes and watching others films to learn and you can still do those things. I'll just use xbox record that or twitch for clips I guess, plus I've watched enough H3 vids as it is, I want to see H2C and CE stuff and those games dont have theater anyway

planning on buying one tomorrow morning. was just wondering if i can still connect my cable box to the xbox if i don't have kinect. anyone?

Back
Top Bottom