Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/10...ing-aaa-game-possibly-using-unreal-and-cloud/

There have been rumors and whispering voices about another game by Microsoft-owned Banjo-Kazooie developer Rare after Kinect Sport Rivals, and a few new career opportunity ads seem to indicate that the game has been in development for quite a while.

The first ad, seeking a Rendering Software Engineer is quite explicit:
With three decades of experience and a stable of smash hit games under its belt, Rare has been unleashing innovative showcase experiences on Microsoft platforms since joining Microsoft Studios in 2002. The double BAFTA-winning Kinect Sports titles crowned years of Xbox 360 support that also took in Avatar creation and a range of much-loved Rare IP – from Perfect Dark to Banjo-Kazooie, Kameo to Viva Piñata. Hot off the launch of 2014′s Kinect Sports Rivals for Xbox One, Rare is already deep into the development of its next eye-opening AAA adventure.
While the wording could seem to indicate that the game is an “adventure” at first sight, it may be misleading. It could simply ,mean a “new adventure” for Rare, and not the genre of the game itself.

A second post, looking for a Principal Technical Artist, explicitly mentions “experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent” as a plus, possibly indicating that the new game is being developed using Epic Games’ engine.

A third ad, seeking a Services Software Engineer  mentions games as a service and the use of Microsoft’s Azure cloud at least for web services:
As we enter a new era of Gaming as a Service, Rare is seeking a talented and experienced service engineers to join our experienced team of service developers to create the great gaming experiences that Rare has long been known for.

The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong web services development and programming background ideally for Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform. The candidate will be proficient with C# and multithreaded programming, using accepted best practice and test methodologies.
The engineer’s main tasks would include “Develop and maintain software and services to support game titles.” and “Work closely with other engineering disciplines to integrate services into game titles.”

Interestingly, it seems that Rare may have more than one game in the works, as mentioned by a fourth ad looking for an User Experience Lead.
Work with the game designer and art director to build wireframes for multiple titles.
Manage a UI team and their deliverables across multiple projects
Personally, I’m quite interested in seeing what Rare will announce next, especially since Phil Spencer encouraged the studio to “make an iconic Rare game that centers on what Rare’s always been about.” Time will tell if they’ll deliver that kind of experience.
FocusedFrightenedChick.gif

Phil pretty much already said they were bringing back two of the older franchises. 1 of them presumably being banjo and the other maybe being Alan wake 2 but there are other old ones that were mentioned

We can do co-op story missions in MCC right? I may busy do them all again for nostalgia purposes.

I love my AW controller. I was hoping to get a Halo MCC themed one, hopefully Gears come thru :pimp:

Horizon 2 is real disappointing to me. Online is trash. Physics are awful. How are you going to tell me than an Escalade can handle as well as an S2000? FM5 was a million times better than this garbage.

Horizon 2 is real disappointing to me. Online is trash. Physics are awful. How are you going to tell me than an Escalade can handle as well as an S2000? FM5 was a million times better than this garbage.
iYen is gonna come in here and hit you with some real disrespectful gifs

Last edited:

Didn't like FM5.

Installed it. Played like 10 minutes. And never touched it again.

Idk, i've never had the problem with the Escalade handling like the S2000.

SUV's and track cars handle very differently to me.

Someone got burnt by a truck! :rofl:

FM5 is more simulation while FH2 is more arcade, you can't really compare the two. Truth be told, I don't take FH2 online all that serious. I could win all 4 events and not win the championship because someone hangs in the back chaining drifts together.

FM5 is more simulation while FH2 is more arcade, you can't really compare the two. Truth be told, I don't take FH2 online all that serious. I could win all 4 events and not win the championship because someone hangs in the back chaining drifts together.

Yes, but if its going to be this arcadey its just Need for Speed with more cars. FH1 was Forza in an open world. This isn't. For me it just doesn't live up to the Forza name, but that's just my opinion. To me a racing game needs to have a strong online component because single player is just boring.

@shottadru thought I was being a fanboy when I said sunset looked like the Xbox version of Infamous, but the video agreed with me.[emoji]128556[/emoji]

Yes, but if its going to be this arcadey its just Need for Speed with more cars. FH1 was Forza in an open world. This isn't. For me it just doesn't live up to the Forza name, but that's just my opinion. To me a racing game needs to have a strong online component because single player is just boring.

It's definitely not as arcadey as NFS as far as the driving mechanics go.

What makes FH2 worse than FH1?

I'm watching Maximilian play legend of kora and that joint look iight.
Idk if should wait to see if it's a gwg or jus add 10 to this free 5 I got

And the preview update is live

Last edited:
J1ew5IZ.gif

FH2 is an arcade racer. You can turn up the realism by tweaking the settings.

You can even turn it to simulation like Forza Motorsport.

Your statement about the online being trash is too ridiculous to even reply to.

Back
Top Bottom