XXL's Top 30 Independent Artists in the Game

Bronson just needs a real management team behind him because everybody I've showed his music too as felt it, its jmust his name hasn't gotten out there yet.

He needs to realize his song with Wiz cause that would be a huge look for him.

hows Nipsey not on that list? if anything he's top 5. Dude was about to run #*%$ with MMG smh...

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Wait, how does mac miller get clowned for being lame and corny and childish gambino doesn't?

son has the swag of a chess team captain

Only people that care about another man's swag are women. No man says " Ahh man I don't like that dude because his swag ain't up to par...".
eh, not really. artists fanbases have a LOT to do with their swag or image, not just the music...

Wait, how does mac miller get clowned for being lame and corny and childish gambino doesn't?

Because Mac Miller is lame and corny. He sells his garbage product, there's no denying that, but it's exactly that, garbage. At least Childish Gambino can rap and has something to say. Mac Miller is wack, but that's what people like these days so I'm not surprised.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Can't really argue Mac does move units....i don't like him but hey he is doing his thing.

How is El-P on the list honestly?  I love him but i didn't think he was a big indy artist.  Did anyone actually buy Cancer 4 cure?  I guess RAP music gives him the credit.

My favorite artists are indie and didn't make the list

Jedi Mind Tricks
Aesop Rock (new album out tomorrow
pimp.gif
)
P.O.S. (and Dessa from doomtree)
The Weeknd (would he even count? i think he is still independent and he is kinda hip hop)
La Coka Nostra (Ill Bill as a solo artist too)
Torae
Skyzoo
Sage Francis
Necro (production purposes basically lol)
Homeboy Sandman
Brother Ali
Murs

El-P is more popular than every artist you named except maybe the Weeknd but he unsigned=/=independent

im somewhat content with this list i guess.. i wanna see what else odd future has to bring in the future though

Originally Posted by Dat Dude Chris

No Spaceghostpurrp, Vince Staples, or Neako? Also some of the dudes they did put on this list suck like....
Kid Ink, Chris Webby, Macklemore & Hopsin
The 3 I named & Action Bronson could easily replace them
And I didnt know Styles P, Fat Joe, Juvenile, DJ Drama & E 40 are independent
Kid, they're compiling a list of independent artists, not their favorites. Styles, Juve, 40 are all independent since they're not signed to a major label. 

Originally Posted by jc619er

Because Mac Miller is lame and corny. He sells his garbage product, there's no denying that, but it's exactly that, garbage. At least Childish Gambino can rap and has something to say. Mac Miller is wack, but that's what people like these days so I'm not surprised.
mac-miller-featured.jpg

oh, he mad

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Mack is from Seattle. I haven't heard a song but I see his names on a lot of festivals including Rock The Bells last year and I believe Bonnaroo and Sasquatch. Hopsin mostly got famous for being a mini Tech N9NE. I think he's from LA but I could be wrong. And as far as I know I think Action has only had one show in the LA area and it wasn't even half packed. Hopefully his appearance at HARD Summer gets him more West Coast love

yeah hopsin is from LA. grew up in panaroma city only a couple miles from me 

Originally Posted by damian054

atmosphere is beast.. Idk how that foo lil b got on here though.
[unfortunately] He has a pretty large following. Though when I shut down my cpu, he seems not to exist in real life.

Originally Posted by solarius49

No Spaceghostpurrp, Vince Staples, or Neako? Also some of the dudes they did put on this list suck like....
Kid Ink, Chris Webby, Macklemore & Hopsin
The 3 I named & Action Bronson could easily replace them
And I didnt know Styles P, Fat Joe, Juvenile, DJ Drama & E 40 are independent

and what kinda artist is DJ Drama anyways?

Hes very instrumental to every song he does on, just like DJ Khaled lol
laugh.gif

E-40 def should be on there (even tho i feel they shoulda just point new cats on there) cuz dude is a pioneer for da indy grind, along wit master p, cash money, etc

Back
Top Bottom