Y-3 Qasa

Awesome I appreciate that. Think I should go with 8.5 US/8.0 UK in those?
if 8.5 is your ub size it's gonna be way too big on you unfortunately.

i'm 8.5 in UBs and sized down to a 7 for QR runs.

7.5 is also doable but i prefer a snug fit.

Just ordered them - $172.00 when it was all said and done. Definitely better than the $405 price tag and this is my first pair of Y-3s. I ended up selling my triple white UBs last night to some kid who really, REALLY wanted them even though I've worn them 10+ times. Gave me $180. Can't wait to get these in my hands.
Also to add to what @mykoh said, if you're a 8.5 US in ultra boost you want to go with a 7 UK, as sizes for the QR are typically listed in UK sizes, 7 UK corresponding to a 7.5 US, which should fit you properly. There are deals out there better than Matches currently, the most significant being LN-CC.

Here's a link: http://www.ln-cc.com/en/brands/men/...7blu.html?cgid=[object Object]#q=y-3&start=36

LN-CC is a legit website, numerous people within this thread have ordered from them including myself. They also have a promo code active [SS16CLEARANCE20] that will net you an additional 20% off, and will refund VAT fees if you request the refund after placement of the order, bringing the total to $123.42.

My suggestion would be to attempt contacting Matches and cancelling your order and going through LN-CC, save yourself about $50. If you rather not, $172 is still a stellar price, but you'll definitely need to change sizes, they'll simply be too big.

Also to add to what @mykoh said, if you're a 8.5 US in ultra boost you want to go with a 7 UK, as sizes for the QR are typically listed in UK sizes, 7 UK corresponding to a 7.5 US, which should fit you properly. There are deals out there better than Matches currently, the most significant being LN-CC.
Actually i really did mean US 7.

Length is perfect and it gives me a snug fit.

Although to be safe you can't go wrong with US 7.5, especially if you have wider feet.

Actually i really did it mean US 7.
Length is perfect and it gives me a snug fit.

Although to be safe you can't go wrong with US 7.5, especially if you have wider feet.

Ah I see, I typically go down a half size (full size from ultra boost however) and I don't have wide feet. Trying them on now a size and a half down would be rather interesting to say the least haha.
View media item 2142997
Toes pointed up so you can see where they are, the ultra boosts are a UK 8.5 (insoles removed however) the QR UK 8. Both fit snug as is some of y'all want that silicon glove fit I feel you haha.

Last edited:
Ah I see, I typically go down a half size (full size from ultra boost however) and I don't have wide feet. Trying them on now a size and a half down would be rather interesting to say the least haha.
View media item 2142997
Toes pointed up so you can see where they are, the ultra boosts are a UK 8.5 (insoles removed however) the QR UK 8. Both fit snug as is some of y'all want that silicon glove fit I feel you haha.

Is that your personal pair?

Sorry to hear man. Definitely a bummer. You rec .5 size down? 
What material is used on the Yohji run?
So it's .5 size down from tts? Are those pure boost and yohji run same size? [emoji]128563[/emoji]
Both shoes are a 12.5 us, I find the Yohji Run to fit .5 size smaller then the Pure Boost. I'm a 13 us for reference, so basically stay TTS or go up if you're between sizes.

The material is neoprene and suede on the back. The 3m is only on the laces, 3 stripes, and logo on the heel.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and called Matches Fashion and cancelled the UK 8 and had them place an order for the UK 7. I would have gone with the other site but the free shipping + returns + quicker shipping made me feel like the extra $20ish was worth it.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Full size down from the UBs and actually the same size I got for the Tubular Nova PKs (which I effin love).

Does anybody have details or hands on experience with the leather/suede qasa highs? Those intrigue the hell outta me.

must just be me but i got those qr runs in black/white from lncc a while back and they fit sort of snug true to size. also ordered a pair for a friend who said the same thing. neither of us would size down or up though.

tts - 10.5
zg y3 - sz 10
ub - sz 11
qr run - sz 10.5

for reference

Last edited:
must just be me but i got those qr runs in black/white from lncc a while back and they fit sort of snug true to size. also ordered a pair for a friend who said the same thing. neither of us would size down or up though.

tts - 10.5
zg y3 - sz 10
ub - sz 11
qr run - sz 10.5

for reference[/quote

I'm a 9 in UB and 8 in qr run and they fit fine.

I'm sure it's just me. My toes have almost no room to move and the sides feel a bit restrictive. The knit isn't as stretchy as the ub or y3 zg

some pictures for reference. qr run is a 10.5. zg is a 9.5
im sure it's different for everyone.

View media item 2143924View media item 2143925

Last edited:
View media item 2142997

Wait do black laces come along with the pair? Damn those look better than the blue laces. If not where did you get those?

Is that your personal pair?

Yessir

Wait do black laces come along with the pair? Damn those look better than the blue laces. If not where did you get those?

No they don't come with them, I grabbed these laces off a pair of qasas I had an extra set for. And yeah they give them a premium feel I thought the blue laces were lacking. You could probably order a pair of waxed black laces off ebay though, I think they're 27" laces.

Could it be the prime knit upper that makes a difference?
In all likelihood it is, the pair @AyoKamikaze has is a heather mesh that is less flexible than the primeknit pair is. If I was to order those I would probably stay true to size as the toebox tapers aggressively on this model and would be very restrictive without a flexible material, necessitating the extra space.

Does anybody have details or hands on experience with the leather/suede qasa highs? Those intrigue the hell outta me.

They're nice, the Qasa. Half size down [some people say a full size, but ditto the sentiments of the QR knit, at least for me], they're very comfortable. They require a break in and be prepared to weep as when you wear them the first couple times the sole will appear to be shredding, this is normal and due to the convex shape of the sole that flattens with use. Don't be afraid to pull on the elastic band at the rear to slip them on, they're more durable than they look.

Last edited:
Ah then it all makes sense. I was under the impression that the blue black pair was also the same mesh. If it's more flexible then it would be better. The toe is very narrow on the mesh pair.

Can you float that Disco code?

PM if you need to, no worries if not..

Not a discount code. Literally talked my way into the discount. Last Saturday I saw a tweet from Heskicks that said 40-50 off Y-3 and I clicked on it and the retro boosts were marked at $175. But I was drinking when I made the purchase so I picked an 11.5 instead of an 11. Which according to the info here would have been too big. So the next morning I call customer service to swap the size but they said that they can't and I would have to cancel and reorder, so I had them cancel over the phone. But when I checked the site to reorder the shot up in price to $210. So I emailed them and told them that I wanted them to honor the price and they said t, and I asked if they'd give me a discount for my trouble and they gave me an extra $10 automatically for checkout. Now when going back and forth with the different CS agents what's the best way in checking out because the price was still $210 on the sight one of the agents mistook my $10 discount for a 10% so when I called today to finally place my order I told them I had both discounts and they honored both of them. So the price went from $175 to $210 back to $175 to $165($10 off) to $147(10% off).

Sorry for the long story haha

Back
Top Bottom