YANKEES OFFSEASON THREAD: Lock This

I really hate Hal Steinbrenner.

******* hate him.

He's saying that once those contracts come off the books, he will continue cutting payroll. Because he doesn't want to pay the tax... AND other teams can win without $200mil.

SO WHAT!!

I'm sick of his woe is me attitude. You have the most profitable team, makes money hands over fist. Never in the red, not even remotely close, and you want to pinch pennies. George is rolling in his grave.

Last edited:
:stoneface:

doesn't really matter since Cashman made some trades but we're the only team in the league that hasn't signed a free agent

what's up yankee homies? ready for another year :pimp:

can't wait to leave y'all and Jays in the dust this year. we byke :pimp:

:lol:

When they exiled Hank i knew the Yankees were heading into the "penny pinch and make as much money as possible while staying somewhat relevant" model

When they exiled Hank i knew the Yankees were heading into the "penny pinch and make as much money as possible while staying somewhat relevant" model

how do you guys feel about it? it's a big change from the 2000s

i think obviously there's a balance to be had. we definitely need to get back into that zone. you guys are closer to it than we are.

Last edited:

how do you guys feel about it? it's a big change from the 2000s

i think obviously there's a balance to be had. we definitely need to get back into that zone. you guys are closer to it than we are.

I feel they're being idiots.

It's one thing to say that hey if he's 32. We're not offering long term deals. That's fine.

But we have guys 26,27,28 hitting FAs in positions of need and they're passing.

No reason that they need to save their pennies. They're not in any financial trouble.

I really hate Hal Steinbrenner.

******* hate him.

He's saying that once those contracts come off the books, he will continue cutting payroll. Because he doesn't want to pay the tax... AND other teams can win without $200mil.

SO WHAT!!

I'm sick of his woe is me attitude. You have the most profitable team, makes money hands over fist. Never in the red, not even remotely close, and you want to pinch pennies. George is rolling in his grave.
To play devil's advocate, you guys have had a monster pay roll and have won only 1 World Series since 2001, and that WS was 7 years ago. It might be time to embrace the Gene Michael way and build through the farm and spend money to add key pieces/keep your guys rather than just splurge on every free agent each year which clearly hasn't worked for the Yankees since 09.

Johnny Damon endorsed Drumpf too. This entire franchise other than Dellin is dead to me. If Donnie Baseball endorses Drumpf, I may consider ending it all.

:frown:

Last edited:
Chapman had a rough spring debut yesterday, but it's obviously nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom