YO! SO Im thinking bout getting a iMAC. Pros & Cons??

Yea so today is my 20th Birthday and I wanna get myself a iMAC i was gonna get a macbook but i just bought a car last weekend so
eyes.gif

what are the pros and cons of those who have them and any suggestions on things i should add or buy extra? thanks

New one is being released soon so wait up.

Pro: Mac OS is the bomb love my new unibody Macbook Pro just because of the OS.

Big con: you can't really upgrade any of the components so thats a huge negative.

Originally Posted by javier5857

Pro: You will look hip

Con: Your wasting 2k on a 400$ laptop
laugh.gif

I have a macbook and it's nothing special.

Maybe im just not using it right, but DBTH

Couldn't you say the same for shoes? Why spend hundreds more on Nikes when you can get some $20 sneakers at Payless? There's more to itthan just looks.

maybe you should consider the new mac mini that's supposed to be coming out soon if you want a desktop.

it still won't be upgradable but at least you can replace the monitor unlike the imac.

Just get it, seriously. After being pro-pc all of my life I bought myself one last christmas, one of the best purchases ever made.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Couldn't you say the same for shoes? Why spend hundreds more on Nikes when you can get some $20 sneakers at Payless? There's more to it than just looks.
You can, and thats why i dont waste more than 70$ money on shoes anymore.

And in a way its different, a payless shoe is really uncomfortable, bad quality etc while nikes (some) are quality and comfortable, and im not talking aboutjordans

Alot of people always ask what will i use it for... I mean thats like buying a car without seat warmers... when you buy one with... you use it.
I think they run alot smoother and im an IT in the air force so ive pretty much worked on PC my entire career and know NOTHING else because the military willnever use
apple. What are the program benefits of a mac tho? what can i do that i cant do on a pc?

I love mine-haven't had any problems with it so far....

first thing I added were some speakers-and Microsoft Office (for school stuff)

The con would be the lack of mobility-it's not a laptop. But I still take mines home/over friend's house at times.

Oh and the mouse seems to work when it wants to (the scroll-ball likes to give out every now and then).

So true
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You do know you can have a custom built computer and install Mac OSX on it right?

Back
Top Bottom