You can't win, even Tropicana Orange Juice contains junk

laugh.gif
I just read that WSJ report. Well folks, I have purchased my last carton of OJ from Pepsi/Tropicana, AND Simply (which is from Coca-Cola, what's the difference?)

Some people just want to make some noise, get over it, every company lies and most people too. Ridiculous 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

I'd rather eat an orange. 
monsanto makes the seeds and ground is chemically stuffed...cant win 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

at this point orange soda and sunny delight are better options at least they honest up front 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

I'd rather eat an orange. 
monsanto makes the seeds and ground is chemically stuffed...cant win 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

at this point orange soda and sunny delight are better options at least they honest up front 
grin.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

4762096441_8b4b1b8e8b_z.jpg
>>tropicana anyway.
they can put what ever cancer causing smallpox bs they want in this, i'm still drinking it until im 6 feet under 
pimp.gif

I see you on that, but for me it's this stuff. Or Arizona.

048.jpg

SMH at people trying to cheat the system and have "healthy" drinks that taste good.

If you want a healthy drink. Drink water. Not with Crystal Light, not flavoured water, not flavoured vitamin water. Just the clear stuff. Just buy a water filter and call it a day.

I know people drink their homemade juice that looks like a blended avocado with the consistency of mashed potatoes and say it tastes good, but if you drink that stuff long enough you're going to get used to it. I just can't drink something that taste like carrots and wood.

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

I read a reason a day why I should go all Whole Foods/Trader Joes....*sigh*
my girl says the same thing. There was an article posted on NT not too long ago that was on food and eating but looking at it from a socioeconomic standpoint, i.e. they interviewed wealthy and affluent families and such, everyone they interviewed talked about how they eat all fresh organics, never even tasted many processed foods that are STAPLES of american meals....it was pretty interesting to hear their takes on eating then compare it with actual health statistics....theres a reason an apple grown organically, i.e. no chems, genetic mods, etc. is MORE EXPENSIVE than the apple that has patentend seeds, chemicals, growing procedures, etc.

its crazy

lmao @ 120 mg of vitamin c, 21 g of sugar thats almost 200 percent more sugar than vitamins

and thats ANY juice, too...even trader joes juice you watch them squeeze...you're much better off eating the actual fruit...(if you make juices, use MANY fruits, limit the sweet fruits, AND use many veggies and just ONE of each)

hmm but does the bad outweigh the good? doesn't oj have antioxidants? also doesn't fare better as a juice then say..
quarter-water.jpg

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by Zyzz

thing is, even if you took 12 oranges and squeezed them into juice yourself, orange juice is still unhealthy...

why?

you're taking the sugar...just the sugar.....out of 12 oranges and drinking it at once....

this statement can be applied to vast amounts of processed foods.
sugars in fruits are different than sugar found in soda.

thats like saying i cant go and eat 2-3 apples and a banana everyday because of the "sugar"

Exactly.
Fresh organic fruits and veggies for me.

I try my best to stay away from packaged and processed food.

cats drink half a jug of orange juice...its like the sugar from 12 oranges...im sure each glass has the sugar from 4 to 5 oranges in it. you dont sit and eat 5 oranges at once...ever.

you go ahead and juice 3 apples and a banana, and drink your half cup of juice with some ridiculous amount of sugar in it

laugh.gif

llike i said, limit the sweet fruits and add veggies.

It turns out that cellulose can provide texture to processed foods, so food companies have taken to happily using it as a replacement for such unnecessary and inconveniently expensive ingredients as flour and oil. As the 30 percent cheaper cellulose is edible and non-poisonous, the FDA has no interest for restricting its use -- or, for that matter, the maximum amount of it that food companies can use in a product. It is pretty much everywhere, and even organic foods are no salvation -- after all, cellulose used to be wood and can therefore be called organic, at least to an extent.

But the worst thing about cellulose is not that it's everywhere. The worst thing is that it is not food at all. Cellulose is, unlike the actual, normal food items you think you're paying for, completely indigestible by human beings, and it has no nutritional value to speak of. If a product contains enough of it, you can literally get more nutrients from licking the sweet, sweet fingerprints off its wrapper.

son.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

sugars in fruits are different than sugar found in soda.

thats like saying i cant go and eat 2-3 apples and a banana everyday because of the "sugar"

Exactly.
Fresh organic fruits and veggies for me.

I try my best to stay away from packaged and processed food.

cats drink half a jug of orange juice...its like the sugar from 12 oranges...im sure each glass has the sugar from 4 to 5 oranges in it. you dont sit and eat 5 oranges at once...ever.

you go ahead and juice 3 apples and a banana, and drink your half cup of juice with some ridiculous amount of sugar in it

laugh.gif

llike i said, limit the sweet fruits and add veggies.

It turns out that cellulose can provide texture to processed foods, so food companies have taken to happily using it as a replacement for such unnecessary and inconveniently expensive ingredients as flour and oil. As the 30 percent cheaper cellulose is edible and non-poisonous, the FDA has no interest for restricting its use -- or, for that matter, the maximum amount of it that food companies can use in a product. It is pretty much everywhere, and even organic foods are no salvation -- after all, cellulose used to be wood and can therefore be called organic, at least to an extent.

But the worst thing about cellulose is not that it's everywhere. The worst thing is that it is not food at all. Cellulose is, unlike the actual, normal food items you think you're paying for, completely indigestible by human beings, and it has no nutritional value to speak of. If a product contains enough of it, you can literally get more nutrients from licking the sweet, sweet fingerprints off its wrapper.
son.

ohwell.gif

what?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

the sugar in orange juice is added
laugh.gif
you are talking out of your butt

its known theres nothing wrong with eating fruits, you really think its bad eating apples? its natural sugars, not the garbage thats processed and put in all your juice, soda, food, etc.

actually what most of you are consuming is corn syrup which is even worse.

ask anyone in nutrition, theres absolutely nothing wrong with eating fruits. my dad was a diabetic and doctor told him he can eat as many apples as he wants. he ate several a day and his blood sugar levels were good.

yo whats up with the labels on the "freshly squeezed organic orange juice" from heb.  

861qrx

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Your food is killing you
30t6p3b.gif
Pretty much. They want a reason to prescribe you a million pills and treatments. Stay away from the junk.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

keywords: shelf life

you act like a company is capable of mass producing hand squeezed orange juice everyday, then transporting it to the store, and have it fly off the racks with its 3 day shelf life

not to mention the consumer won't be able to drink it fast enough before it expires
Ding!

ate at mcdonalds today. then in the middle of my meal, i thought of this thread..

looked at my mc chicken nuggets.. i had to ask myself "should i even eat this?"

Spoiler [+]
still ate it
tongue.gif

what?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

the sugar in orange juice is added
laugh.gif
you are talking out of your butt

its known theres nothing wrong with eating fruits, you really think its bad eating apples? its natural sugars, not the garbage thats processed and put in all your juice, soda, food, etc.

actually what most of you are consuming is corn syrup which is even worse.

ask anyone in nutrition, theres absolutely nothing wrong with eating fruits. my dad was a diabetic and doctor told him he can eat as many apples as he wants. he ate several a day and his blood sugar levels were good.

you, sir, have zero comprehension.

who said eating fruit was bad?

i said drinking the sugar from 12 oranges in one glass, multiple glasses at a time is bad for you

LMAO @ fruit sugar and sugar sugar arent the same

son, your body breaks it down as sugar, just the same.

dude posted the nutrition facts for a random orange juice

IT HAD 200% MORE SUGAR IN IT THAN VITAMIN C

you just want to argue

and youre not even arguing against what im saying

youre arguing against the notion that eating fruit is bad

roll.gif

you win that argument, bro.

roll.gif

"its not the same sugar!"

roll.gif

THE SUGAR IN ORANGE JUICE IS ADDED LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NATURAL SUGARS THAT SOMEHOW DONT GET BROKEN DOWN IN YOUR BODY AS GLUCOSE CAUSE THEY ARE NOT PROCESSED LMAOOOOOO

HE EATS SEVERAL APPLES A DAY!

roll.gif

so anyone got alternative OJ choices?
yeah, eat an orange.

juice of any sort is going to have twice the amount of sugar, in volume.....vitamin c 210 mg.....sugar 24 GRAMS.....THATS IN ONE GLASS

even if you press the fruit yourself, it takes about 4 or 5 oranges for a standard glass of orange juice.

my teacher told me this in 8th grade...i promptly yahoo searched it, and have remembered it every day of my life

this is the 6th time ive typed that, watch this Zzzzzzzzzzzz  kid STILL not comprehend what im saying.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

People actually thought that ++*% was... natural?

roll.gif
That's what I'm saying. I mean come on people look at the company making the juice Pepsi co ? when have they ever put out a health food product 
indifferent.gif

@#! is juice ?

Back
Top Bottom