YouTube Red: Ad-free vids and music for $10/month announced...kinda want

Still waiting for the day I could let YT vids play while my phone is in my pocket and screen not on

Before anybody asks, I like listening to radio interviews but they're a hour long. I'm not watching my phone for a hour I rather listen to it and while multitasking :lol:

This.

I'm assuming they haven't done it because that pretty much renders Apple Music/Spotify/Tidal useless because YouTube uploads albums now.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/21/an-offer-creators-cant-refuse/#.npr5xr:W2bg

YouTube Will Completely Remove Videos Of Creators Who Don’t Sign Its Red Subscription Deal

YouTube made its top video creators an offer they literally couldn’t refuse, or they’d have their content disappear. Today YouTube confirmed that any “partner” creator who earns a cut of ad revenue but doesn’t agree to sign its revenue share deal for its new YouTube Red $9.99 ad-free subscription will have their videos hidden from public view on both the ad-supported and ad-free tiers. That includes videos by popular comedians, musicians, game commentators, and DIY instructors, though not the average person that uploads clips.

Google with the strong arm? :lol:
Jeez This is a grade-A scumbag move. :lol:

Last edited:
This.

I'm assuming they haven't done it because that pretty much renders Apple Music/Spotify/Tidal useless because YouTube uploads albums now.

it is possible. i close youtube and some songs will play. ive locked my phone and same thing. then the background lock screen will show a still of whatever is playing

Redtube.
laugh.gif

But really. 5-30 seconds of ads shouldn't even be a problem.

Bring on the ads. I usually check my Twitter/IG/Facebook accounts during those times so waiting isn't a problem to me. YouTube aint getting my money.

Basically.
Easy pass. Eff YouTube...how are they going to charge us for home made videos?

Now is the time for a a new site to come in with the freeness and take all of youtubes visitors.

I agree with this but I also quoted to tell you I stared at your Avy for a good 30 seconds.

Not gonna pay. But man some of you guys make it seem like 10/month is a lot of money :lol:

Well, I'm paying for Netflix, XBL, and Spotify already. So that's about $30/month already.

Adding another $10 would be $40 a month for these things in total. The $10 itself isn't a lot but keep bumping the amount of subscription services I have and eventually I'll feel it in my pocket. The subscription service thing only works because it's "only $10 a month", but when you pile 'em all up, it becomes a regular monthly bill as large as electricity / water / etc.

^ Exactly. To the post 2 above. It's not just $10, its another bill every month, on too of internet, cable, cell phone, etc.

Back in the day, people didn't have all these bills, they just had a home phone bill because there was no cable TV, internet and cell phones.

Last edited:
^ Exactly. To the post 2 above. It's not just $10, its another bill every month, on too of internet, cable, cell phone, etc.

Back in the day, people didn't have all these bills, they just had a home phone bill because there was no cable TV, internet and cell phones.

everyone's trying to get lucrative with that subscription-based business model

Last edited:

It really isn't that much money dude. You have a job right?

You getting the YouTube upgraded watching plan?

It is absolutely mind blowing that so many people don't use AdBlock (or similar programs). And, that people would be willing to pay $120/year to watch something they can already watch ad free lol.

It is absolutely mind blowing that so many people don't use AdBlock (or similar programs). And, that people would be willing to pay $120/year to watch something they can already watch ad free lol.

A lot of people just aren't computer savvy period.

Exactly, I don't sit around watching YouTube all day to justify it

You dudes are missing the point. Adblock wont work because in order to even view videos from youtube partners (people like Jenna Marbles, Marques Brownlee, Pewdie Pie, iJustine.....) you gotta pay up. Google is forcing them to be behind that pay wall. Which in turn will cause a drop in subscribers.

Last edited:
You dudes are missing the point. Adblock wont work because in order to even view videos from youtube partners (people like Jenna Marbles, Marques Brownlee, Pewdie Pie, iJustine.....) you gotta pay up. Google is forcing them to be behind that pay wall. Which in turn will cause a drop in subscribers.

Are they actually enabling a script (like Hulu does) that will make it so you have to watch ads?

Edit: Also, if you don't pay for YouTube Red, are you not going to be able to watch content from those partners?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom