Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

i love those Avatars, wish i had made those instead of my Chaos but with more white.

Just got my tracking number for my IDs.
Today is the 30th day exactly.Man this was a rough wait and I can't wait to see them in person.

I got my almost done email and tracking number the same day.

These are my first Kobe's and I am going to rock these to death.I will post pics when they arrive.

Thanks for the pics! Considering some orthos @ some point

Do it man. I have really low arches and the pressure exerted in my feet because of that is much greater than that of a person with higher arches. After foot complications and injuries I finally saw a podiatrist and got some orthos and they really make a huge difference from things like foot pain to posture and spine alignment as well as pressure on knees, etc.

I'll post a review after I hoop in them tomorrow so I can compare the lunar to this!

Do it man. I have really low arches and the pressure exerted in my feet because of that is much greater than that of a person with higher arches. After foot complications and injuries I finally saw a podiatrist and got some orthos and they really make a huge difference from things like foot pain to posture and spine alignment as well as pressure on knees, etc.

I'll post a review after I hoop in them tomorrow so I can compare the lunar to this!
Looking forward to the review!  I too have low arches.

This the first shoe I've played in with lunar and have loved it so far -- orthos may be a good long term switch though and a way to prolong the use of the shoe.

Precisely. I can now save my lunar inserts for casual wear when I rock them around the house or run errands and use the ortho ready for hooping. I'm sure the thin zoom in the ortho ready will give out eventually but then I can just swap lunar back in. Take care if the shoes and you can be balling in 8s for years depending on how many pairs you own!

Saw this on the other forum a few weeks back. Thought you might want to see how they turned out. I think he's a member here too.
8468127091_d9cefb40cd_z.jpg
Pretty damn cool.
nthat.gif

Ortho ready inserts came in just now

With my orthotic on top of them to give y'all an idea of thickness:
Just got mine in too.  I compared the height with insole + orthotic and it's a bit higher than just the lunarlon.  Anyone worried that it will throw off the lockdown of the show being about .5" higher?  

I'm tempted to ball in just the lunarlon but I KNOW I'll get plantar fasciitis as I always do when I don't wear my orthotics.  Just worried the low cut + high insole = ankle rolling.  I'm gonna try them tomorrow and give my XX8's a rest.

Anybody hear if they are going to be giving us a more solid upper? There could be some great combos made if the coloring was more monochromatic...

^^^imo take off the speckles and use a solid outsole. The translucent might not match up with the upper.

Yeah they are a little higher than just lunar regarding the orthos, so what I did is the "runner's loop" for lacing them up. Google it, it's so simple but trying to explain it would be pointless and more confusing. More lockdown and less heel slippage, which makes you feel more secure for sure.

And I definitely had heel pain when I balled without my orthos, and the stress fracture in the top part of my right foot started to act up, but today I shot around with the ortho and the inserts and they feel great. Remember, you still need to break in the ortho ready insert and the heel zoom. I feel like I started to just from walking around in them yesterday and playing in them this morning a little bit. Once fully broken in, that responsiveness in the heel combined with my ortho will be amazing!

Last edited:
Sucks there's no solid yellow outsole option. I'm not liking the clash with the yellow on the heel shozoku and the heel clip. I'm gonna end up making a lot of changes on your pair so i'm not gonna do that to you. :lol:

Last edited:
ID's came in, took 34 days. I like how they came out plus no crappy glue stains or discoloration or any defects:D
View media item 311971
Damn, those are really nice. Pretty much the ID I keep doing over and over but never buy. On the other part of this post. I just got IDs(lunarglide) yesterday from a order a while ago. I have two more IDs I'm waiting on. One of which is the YOTS af1s. Figured they would take a while. Got it in at the end of the change over...but your kicks are dope!

Back
Top Bottom