Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

Is this the same son with the yellow and purple iD or another son? Nice home and road pairing.

Need to see more pics of your Laker iD lewi

Is this the same son with the yellow and purple iD or another son? Nice home and road pairing.

Need to see more pics of your Laker iD lewi
This is my other son.  They each ID'd a pair.  They've been wanting to for a while, finally pulled the trigger for them.  Got mine too, I'll post pics soon.

Dang another hot one lakerdave. Have your wife pick which one she likes best out of the three. She'll probably say all of them though haha.

Dang another hot one lakerdave. Have your wife pick which one she likes best out of the three. She'll probably say all of them though haha.
Her favorite is the one with the tour yellow/university gold upper my younger son did:

Which one do you like best?

All three are very well done but I think you don't want to hear me say all three so here goes...

1. Yours - You balanced purple, yellow, and white perfectly. White toned down the brightness of the purple and yellow a notch. If you saw my iDs I used three colors on all of them to break up the colors.
2. Purple upper - Dark upper looks best with a contrasting midsole/outsole
3. Yellow upper - I think a white or yellow outsole would make the bottom less dark or yellow heel clip and black speckles looks better to me.

All three are very well done but I think you don't want to hear me say all three so here goes...

1. Yours - You balanced purple, yellow, and white perfectly. White toned down the brightness of the purple and yellow a notch. If you saw my iDs I used three colors on all of them to break up the colors.
2. Purple upper - Dark upper looks best with a contrasting midsole/outsole
3. Yellow upper - I think a white or yellow outsole would make the bottom less dark or yellow heel clip and black speckles looks better to me.
I agree with your assessment.  The purple and yellow uppers both needed contrasting midsoles or outsoles to break it up.  I tried to convince my boys of this, but they were deadset on their designs. :smile:

I think my next pair will be a yellow upper with a purple midsole and white outsole.  I'll probably spackle the midsole with yellow.

Bottom line:  These are the best Kobe's ever made performance-wise.  I've been buying Kobe's since his adidas days, these are the best hands-down.  

Back
Top Bottom