Zoom Kobe I Post - Release Dates and Pictures

Update on the QS Kobe LA Map Hurache 2K5's.I was lucky enough to get my size 11 pair today over the phone.First I called up NTLA and the Nike Rep. said they only had a size 13 & 15 left.So I called up NTSF and the Nike Rep there said they only had a size 11.5 left.So while I was on the phone with NTSF Rep. I asked him to do a inventory check on his computer and see if other Nike Town stores had my size.So the Nike Rep checked and said they were sold out at Nike Town Seattle.The NTSF Nike Rep then told me NTLV had six pairs left.So I call up NTLV and at first the NTLV Nike Rep. said they only had a size 11.5 left also, so I'm like ok I'll go ahead and cop them.So I give the Nike Rep my address and credit card info and then at the last minute the Nike rep says "hey I got good news for you I just fpund the last pair of size 11.I can t wait to get my pair of Kobe LA Map 2K5's.

Quote:
any shoe with yellow or purple will probably not appeal to the majority of the consumers. nike is just playing it safe. if there were to be a laker colorway, it have to be pretty limited or it probably wont sell well.

I agree I think Nike is stupid if their reasoning for not releasing or making the Laker colors ZK1 a QS instead of GR because they think any shoe with a white/purple/colorway will not at appeal to a majority of the consumers.I mean didnt the Laker colorway Hurache 2K5's sell pretty well last year?

Anyways I think these fake Laker colorway ZK1's are nasty
kobe25ou.png

:x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif
:wow:
embarassed.gif
:wow:
embarassed.gif

Those fakes seriously need to be torched.

I will defitnely cop Kobe these upcoming ZK1's that are going to be released:
zlxhrb.jpg

zivnr6.jpg

The black/purple ZK1, white/grey ZK1, and all black OT version of the ZK1 I can live without and will most likely pass on those.

Quote:
Well NIke is stupid. I bet a Lakers color like that would sell a lot better than some plain black/red, or white/grey, or all black. Why would anybody want to buy some plain black/red color that he didn't even wear in the games.

Lol no way a Lakers color would sell better than a black/red, white/grey or a black/black colorway. Why dont you think Nike released a Lakers colorway? Oh thats right cause not everyone is a shoehead and not every is a fan of the Lakers. They release what they know will sell alot. Honestly, ask yourself, how many people have you seen rock anything in a Lakers color? Maybe throughtout your whole day, you will see maybe one person. How many people will you see wear all black or black/red?? Yeah exactly,hard to keep track of how much.

KOBE FANS!! - Lebron just showed KOBE how to win a pressure game ON THE ROAD!!!! CAVS WIN! HA!!!!
TEAM SOLED OUT
EST. 2005
cjhq496@earthlink.net
Rookie of the Year

^^^^^
And this relates to the ZKI shoes how?????

Take the hype boy train back to Lequeen IV thread.
nono.gif

"This is top 5 hundred,Best Spring Breaks Ever!!!"- Don Vito

Quote:
I mean didnt the Laker colorway Hurache 2K5's sell pretty well last year?

NO, they sold horrible IMO. They were one of the first colors to hit outlets, and reach $50. The only way Nike could sell the black/purple was to say they were limited. Eventually they popped up at outlets, eastbay, and other stores.
For Sale: Nike Foamposite Pro in Carolina/White size 8 DS. PM me or email me for offers. Info in profile...

Quote:
Lol no way a Lakers color would sell better than a black/red, white/grey or a black/black colorway. Why dont you think Nike released a Lakers colorway? Oh thats right cause not everyone is a shoehead and not every is a fan of the Lakers. They release what they know will sell alot. Honestly, ask yourself, how many people have you seen rock anything in a Lakers color? Maybe throughtout your whole day, you will see maybe one person. How many people will you see wear all black or black/red?? Yeah exactly,hard to keep track of how much.

What kind of logic is that. How many people do you see wearing grey and Carolina blue on a regular basis? How many people do you see wearing emerald and grape, or patent leather on a daily basis. Basketball shoes are popular because they're UNIQUE, they incorporate a lot of unique colors and styles that you wouldn't normally be able to wear. People don't buy basketball shoes to be a regular person, they buy them to stand out and look unique.

Why would anybody want some boring black/red Kobe shoe. You can buy a million other shoes that are black/red, Kobe never even wore the shoes on the court. That's stupid marketing. I'm just saying, they're releasing like 9 colors of the Kobe's. They can't fit it in one purple/gold color? That's ******ed.

I can't wait for the US colorway.

Quote:
KOBE FANS!! - Lebron just showed KOBE how to win a pressure game ON THE ROAD!!!! CAVS WIN! HA!!!!

If that's not trolling I don't know what is.

Jordans are the only brand in which you see many 3 color styled sneakers, examples: white/grape/emerald, black/red/citrus, cream/pacific blue/orange. These aren't exact color codes of what JB uses, but you get the point. JB can sell everything due to the fact it has a jumpman on it. Nike has a harder time selling white/yellow/purple and white/orange/purple colored sneakers. Why do you think the upcoming Nash's are white/orange/grey and black/white/purple and not a white/orange/purple? Because it is very hard to sell well for a white/orange/purple sneaker. Even though the white/grey/orange match his alt jerseys, he is still wearing them for home. Another example, Nike Lebron iii. They didn't release a white/navy/red color, instead a white/navy. Also, on the black/gold color that released recently, they put the red swoosh on the bottom. A black/gold/red sneaker is much harder to sell. You guys have to understand...
For Sale: Nike Foamposite Pro in Carolina/White size 8 DS. PM me or email me for offers. Info in profile...

Great point. They have to mainstream these shoes as best as possible, which is more easily achieved by releasing two colors instead of one.

Quote:

you mean lebron finally learned from Kobe how to not pass the ball when the games on the line

and i just might report you for that one
I'm mormon if that matters...

Did anyone else have their MLPS from PYS.com backordered?

I was sent an email notifying that my pair is on back order (size 12 btw, WHICH is still listed as available on their website :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
)

They asked me if I wanted to wait for my pair next week or if I wanted a full refund. I asked for the full refund.

Oh well, this is my first problem with them.
[/url]

If they ever do another laker colorway for any of the kobes it will be limited and probably to the west coast like the 2k5 qs. But It worked out well and most of the folks who wanted the 2k5's got them. I bought another pair on accident(long story). If anybody needs a sz 15 I will give it to you for retail plus shipping. If not they going back to nike.

hey guys, for all my east coast NT'ers. MODELLS will not have the MPLS ZK1's which is weird because they had the ASG and blk/white. I just called the home office a couple days ago because it was not on our release date sheet and I was told that that colorway was never purchased even tho it is in the system. If i buy these it will be the first time i pay retail in the last 3 years.
GOT XVII's??looking for DS sz 12 jordan XVII's.

aim-jumpmanmystro23
kb8jumpman@tmail.com

They will definitely release purple/golds colorways next season, till Xmas when he finally debuts the ZK2.

Quote:
Jordans are the only brand in which you see many 3 color styled sneakers, examples: white/grape/emerald, black/red/citrus, cream/pacific blue/orange. These aren't exact color codes of what JB uses, but you get the point. JB can sell everything due to the fact it has a jumpman on it. Nike has a harder time selling white/yellow/purple and white/orange/purple colored sneakers. Why do you think the upcoming Nash's are white/orange/grey and black/white/purple and not a white/orange/purple? Because it is very hard to sell well for a white/orange/purple sneaker. Even though the white/grey/orange match his alt jerseys, he is still wearing them for home. Another example, Nike Lebron iii. They didn't release a white/navy/red color, instead a white/navy. Also, on the black/gold color that released recently, they put the red swoosh on the bottom. A black/gold/red sneaker is much harder to sell. You guys have to understand...

I understand the theory but it holds no weight because they're recklessly releasing 8 colors. So I don't buy this crap about Nike being extra careful, how is 8 colors being careful. If you're gonna put that many colors out then you damn sure can sneak in one Lakers colorway, you know the color that Kobe actually wears on the court and can relate to. You really think a Lakers colorway would sell that much less than some boring white/grey color, come on now you know that's not true. You don't have to make excuses for Nike screwing this one up, they always make mistakes.

If I'm a Steve Nash fan and I like his shoes why would I want some boring and safe white/black shoe? That's boring and stupid. I want some flashy Phoenix Suns colors that are unique and that he wears on the court. It's a signature shoe for a reason.

^ well, there's a few different ways to look at that.

1. Jordan can release retros in many different colorways and know they'll sell because they know hypebeasts will eat them up.

2. The white/purple/canyon gold 2K5s didn't sell so well. Sure it wasn't Kobe's official "signature shoe", but it was still a Laker colorway and Kobe fans knew it was HIS shoe; Nike was testing the waters.

3. Look at how Adidas handled marketing Kobes signature shoes in the past: KB8 black/white & white/black were GRs; black/purple/gold All-Stars were limited. KB8 II purple All-Stars were limited. The sunshine The Kobes were limited, as were the sunshine/eggplant Kobe IIs.

As much as I don't like it, it does somewhat make sense |I
tired.gif

i think it's funny that they put 8 on those QS lol. probably gonna be the last shoe released with 8 on it if you think about it....dam i guess i should get a pair.

Real Talk:

Kobe quote from today LA Times article:

Quote:
The scoring title obviously is cool and being first-team All-NBA is an incredible honor. But All-Defense, it just shows the will to win, to play at both ends.

For the all the Lebron fans who love to continue to hype Lebron up as being the savior or "the choosen one" for the NBA and NIKE here are my reasons why I think Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now

1.He plays both ends of the court.All NBA first team defense again this year.People before use to hate on him and say well he only made it on NBA 1st team defense because he played with Shaq.Now what are they going to say after he made it again this year.Keep in mind this an award that is voted on by other coaches in the NBA.

2.Kobe killer instinct and clutch play.I'd rather have a player on my team who wants the ball and is willing to take the clutch shots then a guy like Lebron who looks to pass the ball in the clutch most of the time like Lebron.Lebron even said it himself in a article in ESPN the magazine that he doesnt have the Killer Instinct like Kobe and MJ.

Until Lebron shows the following then the best player in the NBA discussions should end.As great as Lebron makes his teammates around him better what has he proven?That he can get his team to the second round.Or better yet that he's able to get away with traveling on a game winning shot like he did against the Wizards in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom