ZOOM KOBE IV DRAFT DAY'S WRONG DATE ON THE HEEL!!

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Isn't that the day Jordan won his fourth championship?
laugh.gif
Actually, that was 6/16/96 ... but good memory!

I just got my Draft Days from Eastbay and they were not DOUBLE BOXED! Anyone else recieve theirs like this?

BTW, mine came with the wrong date as welll, I wasn't planning on wearing them any time soon though, hopefully they're worth more because of this.
laugh.gif

Someone came up with the meaning of 6-11-96 in another Kobe thread, anyone remember?

i believe 6.11.96 was the date of the draft lottery that year, not the actual draft.
i'd say they are collector's items just like the billy ripken baseball cards!

Originally Posted by seinfeld4

i believe 6.11.96 was the date of the draft lottery that year, not the actual draft.
i'd say they are collector's items just like the billy ripken baseball cards!

I still have mine ...f*#k face!!!

so because of human error a shoe becomes worth more?
does this mean I need to buy one and store away hoping it doesn't yellow over the next 10 years in hopes that I can profit a few hundred dollars?
Just askin....I dont know the shoefiend etiquette yet. school me on this.

That's been the case with alot of sports memorablia....And shoes seem to up in price alot quicker than most valuables. It's pretty hard to find a pairof IV's less than retail as it is, so you got a limited amount of "Errors" than it's more than likely they'll be worth more in the nexttwo years not ten.

I don't really care, regardless of the date I wasn't planning to wear mine anytime soon.

I just don't understand how they could %#$+ this up. I don't know if Nike employees look at sites or what not but it has been stated for months that itwas the wrong date before these were probably massed produced. Or either they already produced and said %#$+ it. Either people were going to buy since it was alimited GR

the WDDD. who the hell would want these/why would the value go up? like someone said, it doesn't mean anything, even if you try to justify Nike'smistake.
got mine from eastbay with the wrong date. what good is it when you wear something with an error on a date? it's not even something you want to keep ina display.

just lame the thought of holding these to see if they increase in value ---- i want the one with the right date.

it's like getting something for your wifes/gf anniversary engraved with the wrong date. just dumb.

btw i have a pair of Nike Tiempo World Cups - Thierry Henry Honor shoes. and the removable sole inserts read "Perfection does not exist but the questfor it makes your(spelling mistake) better - Honor" - Thierry

whoever the project manager is on any shoe with printing errors should start sharpening/resharpen his attention for details.

Nike KNEW these were the wrong dates. Like the person above me states, people called out the error LONG ago. The fact that Nike still released them had to befor a reason.

Agreed, screwing up a personalized gift would make it almost worthless, but that's not the case here.

As with most high production items, variants/irregulars can be considered "b-grade" or "error" items.
In the hobby world, finding an "error" can prove difficult, but extremely rewarding. I can see where you would want to rock shoes with the intended(correct) date, but that doesn't negate the fact that the "6.11.96" exists, and most likely, in small numbers, thus leaving a product that wascreated in a "limited" amount.

People will in turn, possibly pay more, just because of the item's rarity. I can see why you'd be upset over receiving a "screwed up" shoe,but there's a whole other world out there, just keep in mind.

Oh, and someone does need to wake up over at Nike.
smh.gif

Not that I want to exchange mine (If even possible), but for the people that bought theirs off eastbay, do we even have an option of exchanging the shoes? Orwould returning them than re-buying be the only option?

I'm curious to see if Eastbay has acknowledged the error at all?

Originally Posted by Ramarqable

eastbay has the "wrong dates" at 119$..... sneakerhead has them at 249$ what the hell???
Wow SMH at them, and what's with pickyourshoes and flightclub not having any Kobes?

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Agreed, screwing up a personalized gift would make it almost worthless, but that's not the case here.

As with most high production items, variants/irregulars can be considered "b-grade" or "error" items.
In the hobby world, finding an "error" can prove difficult, but extremely rewarding. I can see where you would want to rock shoes with the intended (correct) date, but that doesn't negate the fact that the "6.11.96" exists, and most likely, in small numbers, thus leaving a product that was created in a "limited" amount.

People will in turn, possibly pay more, just because of the item's rarity. I can see why you'd be upset over receiving a "screwed up" shoe, but there's a whole other world out there, just keep in mind.

Oh, and someone does need to wake up over at Nike.
smh.gif
Great insights man! To be honest, I don't even know what the fuss is all about. I've been reading this thread for the past three or fourdays, and everyone seems to be howling about the "wrong date" and the "right date". What's the big deal?!

If you're not cool with rocking the first batch of pairs released, sell them, give em away or something. Some of the people here have gone a bit beyondreason with their reactions. Just get the shoe that you want and get over it.
roll.gif

That's right. And no vouchers from Nike is the news, so suck it up.

... and if anyone's got wrong dates and can't live with them, throw them my way.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

the WDDD. who the hell would want these/why would the value go up? like someone said, it doesn't mean anything, even if you try to justify Nike's mistake.
got mine from eastbay with the wrong date. what good is it when you wear something with an error on a date? it's not even something you want to keep in a display.

just lame the thought of holding these to see if they increase in value ---- i want the one with the right date.

it's like getting something for your wifes/gf anniversary engraved with the wrong date. just dumb.

btw i have a pair of Nike Tiempo World Cups - Thierry Henry Honor shoes. and the removable sole inserts read "Perfection does not exist but the quest for it makes your(spelling mistake) better - Honor" - Thierry

whoever the project manager is on any shoe with printing errors should start sharpening/resharpen his attention for details.
people were just wondering because there have been plenty of sneakers in history that were re-released and the originals have turned out to beworth a lot of money. ex. jordans Xs with the toe cap, DMP XIs with the JORDAN eyelets, etc.

Originally Posted by ReturnBama

eastbay has the "wrong dates" at 119$..... sneakerhead has them at 249$ what the hell???
Wow SMH at them, and what's with pickyourshoes and flightclub not having any Kobes?

they're going to sit on them at that price...

that's a good question about PYS not having them...I just noticed that

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by ReturnBama

they're going to sit on them at that price...

that's a good question about PYS not having them...I just noticed that

i brought up the fact that PYS never had any Kobes months ago and got ignored. smh. Anyway i don't care if the date is wrong, people are doing way too muchabout it. I will just buy the other pair

Originally Posted by DFABIX

so because of human error a shoe becomes worth more?
does this mean I need to buy one and store away hoping it doesn't yellow over the next 10 years in hopes that I can profit a few hundred dollars?
Just askin....I dont know the shoefiend etiquette yet. school me on this.
haha good point daniel. Now im going to mismatch my shoes with off sizes so when i buy them ill say its a manufacturer error on nike and thenhope they appreciate in value.

The whole price goin up is the same as an error in a comic book or on a basketball card. Since that card is more rare there is a chance that it will be worthmore if people care enough about it. The way the IV's have been flying off shelves people will care eventually when the error shoes are no longeravailable.

Back
Top Bottom