Zoom Kobe Venomenon 4 - 12/13 US Release

Runners loop is seriously like dynamic fly wire before it was ever thought of. It hugs your ankle so well. I've never used it on basketball shoes but may just for the hell of it.

Runners loop is seriously like dynamic fly wire before it was ever thought of. It hugs your ankle so well. I've never used it on basketball shoes but may just for the hell of it.
@Crazy EBW  if you have liked for other uses like running/training, you will not regret it for ball.  Especially when wearing lows.

With any low top I get now, I can't seem to lace any other way.  Love the extra security... IMO it makes a noticeable difference

Wow I guess someone returned them and they insta-hashed them. Good pickup.
Man how does that work. A couple weeks ago I saw a Lebron XI AVM at the Nike outlet for $179. I was about to cop but the soles were pretty dirty and wifey gave me the Kobe death stare like I was crazy to buy it with the soles dirty. Should have done it anyways and live with the death stare for a couple hours. Does the Nike Factory Store just cut the box off and sells it right away. I'm tempted just to buy something at Nike Store and return it there. Sounds shady but damn they knock $20 off right off the bat but they do cut off the box top.

Wow I guess someone returned them and they insta-hashed them. Good pickup.

Man how does that work. A couple weeks ago I saw a Lebron XI AVM at the Nike outlet for $179. I was about to cop but the soles were pretty dirty and wifey gave me the Kobe death stare like I was crazy to buy it with the soles dirty. Should have done it anyways and live with the death stare for a couple hours. Does the Nike Factory Store just cut the box off and sells it right away. I'm tempted just to buy something at Nike Store and return it there. Sounds shady but damn they knock $20 off right off the bat but they do cut off the box top.

It's very shady but people do it. Sometimes product is too new or just not in the factory system and they can't resell them to they'll send them off to a Niketown or inline store. They can do product discrepancies to sell them and have the price manually uploaded but since so many people are doing this scheme some stores are just sending them to inline.

Yes they do cut the top of the box off. Cant speak on venomenons but I know I got a pair of 8's from there and the box was torn.

I played for the first time today in my venomenons and I have to say I was really disappointed.  First off the traction was not great.  The floor I played on wasn't very dusty, I did not need to wipe the bottoms much, however I was slipping if I made any hard stops or quick crossovers.  I got my ankles broken as I tried to make a hard stop on defense and just slipped out right onto my ***.

The fit for me was not great either.  Maybe it's just my feet/ankles but my ankle area just did not feel locked down, and caused my foot to slip around within the shoe.  It made for a pretty uncomfortable ride.  I eventually did cinch them up real tight after my first couple of pick up games, which did help a bit, but I still did not feel stable in the ankle area. 

The forefoot zoom unit feels very thin, and does not have the spring and responsiveness that I expect from zoom air.  For perspective, my comparison for zoom units are my 2011 hyperdunks, where the zoom units feel firm and responsive, and are an absolute joy to play in.  These guys felt thin, and did not feel like they were giving me much push back; they just kind of bent with each step. 

In my opinion, if you're looking for a low top with zoom, there are probably better shoes to look into.  I will keep my eyes out for the Crusader, and perhaps getting my hands on some 2011 hyperdunk lows.

Thanks for the review. Been eying these for outdoor use bc of the xdr. I'll have to try them on first and see.

My outdoor ball shoes are always on sale so will be a while.

I ordered the GITD from FTL this morning.  I think I got lucky because it was my size and now it is unavailable again.  I'm guessing it was a return.  I hope it is in good shape.

no new news or posts in a while, guess we're all waiting for YOTH? 
laugh.gif

Nah I think most people got turned off by these from the poor performance reviews.  These are gonna end up being more of a casual wear shoe.  For $120, that's tough to swallow.

Too many good shoes in the horizon might have to skip out on these Venomenons. They should have dropped them YOTH earlier. Hows it suppose to compete with all the heat in the coming weeks.

I want the YOTH venomenons and know several local spots that are gettin em..hopefully discounted on swoosh

Ok I got mine from RMK because with shipping (air parcel) it would be within cents of retail + tax, and because at the time it didn't look like it would release here.  I sound foolish now I know but at least I got mine on hand.  Still curious if they'll go quick or not.  But I figure I'd kill two birds with one stone here by posting some pics and answering some questions about RMK. 

Skip this part if you don't give a damb about RMK.  Their site uses something called Paydollar for their transactions.  I tried to pay with Visa but my bank rejected the transaction and texted me like an hour later asking if I was trying to make the purchase.  I gave them the go ahead and all was good after I went through the transaction again.  RD was 1/16/14 ship date 1/20/14.  On the 21st I hadn't gotten a shipping notification or even an order confirmation.  I emailed them back and forth over the next couple days with responses like "they should ship out tomorrow" and "I think your order shipped, let me double check for you".  Now I was only irritated because they didn't get back to me and there was no "proof" I bought the shoes, not without an order # but just a charge on my card in the amount of the kicks.  Anyway it all worked out, after another email they simply replied with a tracking number.  Shipped on the 23rd, received on the 29th.  I chose the air parcel method which was $28 (7-21 business days).  Now on to the pics.

No customs charge for those wondering.  Packaged pretty well although my box was still dented in one corner.  Also came with extra laces but they don't seem to match whatsoever.  Also added pics of Glows for comparison.

Sorry if too many pics.  Kicks are
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom