¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

I just saw Michigan playing at their spring game at my high school last week, and I cant necessarily say Im feeling em. I have a bad feeling about NickSheridan, but it could just be me.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by prospect904

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Prospect, didnt u sign with someone this fall?
WHo u goin to play for again ?

Yeah, I'll be playing some receiver over at Miss. State
You go to Bartram Trail right?

If you do...I don't know if he's your boy or not, but what do you think about Kyle Parker? I'm not sure about now, but I know he was tearingit up in baseball at the beginning of the season.

April 20, 2008
[h1]Five who got me thinking[/h1]
Brent Hubbs

http://tennessee.rivals.com/forum.asp?SID=879&FID=2251
As I left Neyland Stadium on Saturday after talking to players and coaches, someone waiting on an autograph or two simply asked me, 'What did youthink?'. And as I wondered back to the press box, it got me thinking about what I learned of this team through 15 spring practices stretched across thelast six weeks.

Over the next several weeks the VolQuest.com staff will be breaking down in-depth Tennessee's spring practice. We will go over things position by positionand do our best to leave no stone uncovered. Here are the first five things that came to my mind:

Gerald Jones is a star - The Oklahoma native is the real deal. Not just because he threw a touchdown pass, had a couple of runs as aquarterback, and made a couple of people miss after a catch on Saturday. Gerald Jones has been the best offensive weapon all spring. He has a good understanding for thegame and he has to be a guy that gets double-digit touches a game. One of the most encouraging things with Jones this spring is that after the second scrimmagewhere Jones didn't get a touch, the rest of spring was devoted offensively to getting Jones' hands on the ball. Coaches moved him around to all thereceivers spots as well as quarterback. He has to be a guy that defensive coordinators worry about each week in scheming the Vol offense.

The Legend of Eric Berry - Alright, I knew he was good and on the verge of greatness, but Eric Berry's legendary status grew even more for me this spring. Not because of the plays hemade -- which were plentiful -- but because of the way he went about his business. This is an All-America candidate who had a phenomenal freshman season thatwent to the coaches to be put on the punt return team?! Because in his words, he wants to help Dennis Rogan get into the end zone. Additionally, the more you watch Berry, the more you seepeople gravitate to him. When your best player is a guy that everyone wants to be friends with and one that everyone respects then you truly have a specialplayer. Because of that, this spring I realized just how special Berry is.

Morley is like Rust-Oleum paint - Perhaps the biggest surprise to me this spring is that it was like Demetrice Morley never left. Having been away from the game for a year, I expected some rust andmental blunders along the way, but Morley hit the ground running and never looked back. He recorded four interceptions in scrimmage settings this spring and asall the fans got to see on Saturday in the Orange and White game, Morley also laid the lumber patrolling the middle of the field. I really thought it wouldtake Morley some time to "get back" and didn't believe defensive coordinator John Chavis when he said at the start of spring that Morley was better before spring started than hewas at any point earlier in his career, but that is exactly correct.

Tauren Poole is legit - When Austin Price and I went to Toccoa, Ga., last spring to visit with Poole, we both left impressed with the way hecarried himself. Then he arrived on campus in Knoxville, and everyone raved about his work ethic and focus. After seeing Poole at this level, he certainly isgoing to help this program -- and I think will help the Vols this fall. He is really good about maximizing a run by getting north and south quickly. And he hasdone it this spring with a wounded knee, which certainly demonstrates his toughness. Obviously, Poole is behind Arian Foster and Lennon Creer. However, I think we (Rivals.com) didn't rank Poole highly enough last year.

Going where Crompton takes them - JonathanCrompton looked good and played well this spring. He looked particularly good in Saturday's Orange and White game. You do have to take into accountthat the defense he was going against was vanilla -- second-string and no blitzing. But he did throw the ball on time and threw it to the right person exceptfor the interception. And that has been an Achilles for Crompton throughout spring. Every scrimmage he played in this spring, he had at least one uh-oh play.Crompton cannot afford consistent uh-oh plays. All of that being said, this is Crompton's offense. It's an offense that has weapons. It's anoffense that is built around putting the ball in the hands of the playmakers, but for it to work, Crompton must deliver. After seeing this spring, it'sCrompton's show and he was never pushed from a competition standpoint. So how successful Tennessee is on offense is very dependent on Crompton'sability to manage things.

Obviously, there is plenty more to dive into
in wrapping up spring practice, and we certainly will do that in the coming weeks. But in seeing this team for a little more than the last month and for thelast time till August, the aforementioned five certainly left an impression on me.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Just saw that Tyrod Taylor MAY take a RS this year....
it better be cause he is hurt and even if he is

Taylor with no legs>>>>>>>>>.Glennon

The worst kicker in the history of football...
F395798.jpg

James Alridge is a bum...start THIS man..
F395801.jpg

God you're fat..
F395812.jpg

BEAST
F395814.jpg

Playmaker..who cares if all he can do is a run a fly route..
F395825.jpg

1 of 17..

F395803.jpg

Sheeesh....

Congrats my dude!!!!

Playing in the SEC and for a living legend in Sly Croom
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Name????? (It's aiight if you don't wanna say)
Thanks man..but yeah Sly is the biggest reason i chose State..
but Id rather not say name but initials are C.B. and a WR from Jville, Fl so it shouldnt be hard to find

You go to Bartram Trail right?

Sure do..you the sprinter from LB?
If you do...I don't know if he's your boy or not, but what do you think about Kyle Parker? I'm not sure about now, but I know he was tearing it up in baseball at the beginning of the season.

KP will do a great job in both sports there..everyone says baseball is his sport but he's equally as good in football..his athleticism and experiencewill take him far..he's been playing varsity baseball and football since 7th grade due to him going to a private school and he transferred sophomore yr andsplit time at QB and RB and tore it up at both positions..I cant stand his dad being that he was our O.C. for 3 yrs. but i'll say that he always had himprepared and in a position to succeed

What's happening to Notre Dame
smh.gif
What a Damn Shame that all that talent from this year's recruiting class is going to waste
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

smh.gif
What a Damn Shame that all that talent from this year's recruiting class is going to waste
smh.gif

huh?
Clausen didn't play well...but all other reports are positive.....it's still an extremely young team.

We're lacking and have lacked speed that's obvious....but I don't really buy into talent going to waste. We just don't have that great ofathletes to begin with coming here in recent years.

The sophomores and freshman now are going to determine where this program is headed. Now, they are talented and have big time ability.

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

smh.gif
smh.gif

Kapron Lewis-Moore
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I hope he develops into what I had hoped he would here at A&M.

I just saw Michigan playing at their spring game at my high school last week, and I cant necessarily say Im feeling em. I have a bad feeling about Nick Sheridan, but it could just be me.

I doubt Sheridan will be the starting QB. I kind of feel like if Threet and Sheridan struggle we will just see Feagin who is a true dual qb taking the snaps.

The Latest: Vols land four starathlete - 4/20/2008

Tennessee's early recruiting momentum continues as the Vols have landed their second four-star of theclass of 2009. The latest to make a verbal pledge is athlete Damien Thigpen from Manassas, Virginia. For more on why...[details]

Tennessee's early recruiting momentum continues as the Vols have landed their second four-star of the class of 2009. The latest to make a verbal pledge is athlete Damien Thigpen from Manassas, Virginia.

"I called coach Slade today to tell him and my dad called coach Fulmer," Thigpen said. "Tennessee just had everything I wanted in a school."

The 5-foot-8, 170 pound Thigpen is also one of the top ranked sprinters in the country having logged a 6.41-55 meter run. And track was an important element to Thigpen's decision.

The four star athlete has seen his stock on the rise as offers have been coming in quickly. Auburn was the latest to offer and according to Thigpen most everyone is recruiting him as an athlete and a few schools have been talking about him playing defensive back.

As a junior, Thigpen rushed for 632 yards and scored seven touchdowns while registering 32 tackles, an interception and 8 pass break ups on defense.

Lil man fastthan a Muhhhh
Lppks like Clawson n Nem are tryin to find athletes to flourish in that spread Offense
pimp.gif

Jacoby Ford finished 2nd in the 100 with a 10.43 and CJ Spiller was 4th with a 10.6 at the ACC Outdoor Track Championship. Travis Padgett won it with a 10.17,dude was a good football player in HS and thought about playing at Clemson, but his legs are too valuable.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Jacoby Ford finished 2nd in the 100 with a 10.43 and CJ Spiller was 4th with a 10.6 at the ACC Outdoor Track Championship. Travis Padgett won it with a 10.17, dude was a good football player in HS and thought about playing at Clemson, but his legs are too valuable.

he played at Crest w/ brandon spikes......but i think he came out in 05

Sheeesh....

Congrats my dude!!!!

Playing in the SEC and for a living legend in Sly Croom
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Name????? (It's aiight if you don't wanna say)
Thanks man..but yeah Sly is the biggest reason i chose State..
but Id rather not say name but initials are C.B. and a WR from Jville, Fl so it shouldnt be hard to find

Cool. Good luck this year man.
Jacoby Ford finished 2nd in the 100 with a 10.43 and CJ Spiller was 4th with a 10.6 at the ACC Outdoor Track Championship. Travis Padgett won it with a 10.17, dude was a good football player in HS and thought about playing at Clemson, but his legs are too valuable.
Yeah...

Jeff Demps ran that in HS though...
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Jacoby is DUMB fast though. One of those players where his track speed actually shows on the football field...

I am hoping this Jeff Demps shows something this year. Lots of talk all over about him. He is a blazer on his film and his track speed is legit. Should be funto see if they get him the ball.

Michigan signee Michael Shaw just ran a 10.39 100m this past weekend and a 21.3 in the 200m. Won both and the 100m was the second fastest time in OH history.10.38 is what Browneye Brandon Saine ran. I am getting real excited about Shaw. His junior film is so much better than his senior film and really shows hisspeed in those clips.

Devonte Holloman really like the Michigan visit. Talkin real nice about them. Also hearing some talk about Kardell Dunning from Glades Central possibly lookingat Michigan and Louisville. Kid has had a tough life and never thought he would be able to get into college. Not the best prospect but he is a master atblocking kicks and punts. Something Michigan has never seen.

Kevin Newsome is saying and doing all the right things to make Michigan fans real happy.

espn classic is showing a bunch of college games from last season for the next week before the draft

Lol @ not knowing Jeff Demps. He should NOT be playing football. Seriously dude was never rated high in Central Florida. You never really hear much about him about football honestly. He seems more focused on football though which seems really DUMB. Dude is the fastest kid in the Nation hes not even a top 20 HS prospect for football.

LOL @ you LOLing me... I havent been following college recuiting since 06.. it aint the same when you dont know/played with the prospects.. I aintgetting paid off knowing college football prospects
grin.gif
Any OG member onin the sports forum knows i used to be on it.. I cant keep up with everybody anymore, I have too much goin on these days..

I hope demps aint like X-man..

Kevin Newsome is saying and doing all the right things to make Michigan fans real happy.
Famous last words. That I seen the blog post about that Kardell kid and I can't watch the vid cuz im at work, but it made me wonder how arespecial teams are looking as they have been less than spectacular in recent years. Are we gonna go actually go for the block on punts and field goals?

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I am hoping this Jeff Demps shows something this year. Lots of talk all over about him. He is a blazer on his film and his track speed is legit. Should be fun to see if they get him the ball.

Michigan signee Michael Shaw just ran a 10.39 100m this past weekend and a 21.3 in the 200m. Won both and the 100m was the second fastest time in OH history. 10.38 is what Browneye Brandon Saine ran. I am getting real excited about Shaw. His junior film is so much better than his senior film and really shows his speed in those clips.

Devonte Holloman really like the Michigan visit. Talkin real nice about them. Also hearing some talk about Kardell Dunning from Glades Central possibly looking at Michigan and Louisville. Kid has had a tough life and never thought he would be able to get into college. Not the best prospect but he is a master at blocking kicks and punts. Something Michigan has never seen.

Saine is gonna be a good fball player, but he doesn't play as fast as he is. Esp. laterally. Athlon listed Lamaar Thomas running a 10.30. I'd haveto check that though.

Dorian Bell and Darrell Givens just committed. Jordan Hall is supposable gonna sign soon as well.

Back
Top Bottom