☆☆☆☆ - The Official St.Louis Cardinals 2012 Season thread - ☆☆☆☆

I didnt really see it coming either, but i can understand why it happened.

IDK what coach i want...........We probably wont get Maddon, if we do, im sure we`ll have to give up a couple minor league prospect or draft picks.

Dunc would have left anyway because of his wifes health, but he has 1 more year on his contract.

Its gonna be weird next year without tony in the dugout...........

Turn it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I dont know how to edit the sound on the video and its SUPER loud.

Video i took at the stadium with my phone.............Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

It would have looked alot better if i knew the camera didnt default to the highest resolution size available............
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FourReal

53192665.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
AND he started smiling when he ran back
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He thought it was the 3rd out though...........

He didnt go back and give him another ball tho.....so IDK, maybe he did do it on purpose
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Cardinals option on Furcal and Dotel were both declined..........Both free to sign with any team they want, but may come back at lower cost.

Good move i think, if furcal wants to come back, he needed to take a pay cut..........he isnt playin 12 Mil a year baseball anymore.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

The Cardinals option on Furcal and Dotel were both declined..........Both free to sign with any team they want, but may come back at lower cost.

Good move i think, if furcal wants to come back, he needed to take a pay cut..........he isnt playin 12 Mil a year baseball anymore.

Furcal sure isn't worth $12 million a year & Dotel better be careful before he's driving a cab.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Furcal sure isn't worth $12 million a year & Dotel better be careful before he's driving a cab.

yea really.
I say give furcal 3-4 mil a year.......1-2 mil for dotel.

any more than that and they can leave

[h1]
[h1]Source: Cards to talk to Ryne Sandberg[/h1]

ESPN.com news services
[/h1]

The St. Louis Cardinals have received permission from the Philadelphia Phillies to interview Ryne Sandberg for their vacant managerial job, a baseball source familiar with the situation confirmed to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

mlb_g_sandberg01jr_65.jpg

Sandberg

Sandberg is a franchise icon with the Chicago Cubs, and he was a finalist last year to replace Lou Piniella as manager. But Mike Quade, who was informed he will not return as Cubs manager Wednesday, got the job after leading the Cubs to a 24-13 record in the final six weeks after Piniella retired. Chicago finished 71-91 in 2011.

Sandberg confirmed to the Daily Herald that new Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein called Sandberg on Wednesday and told him he will not be considered for the managerial vacancy with the team this time around.

"He didn't owe me that at all," he told the newspaper. "He didn't have to do that. It was a classy move and I'm very appreciative of the phone call. In the end, I wished him and everybody there good luck.''

The Phillies hired Sandberg to manage their Triple-A affiliate, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, last November.

Sandberg was a 10-time All-Star and won nine Gold Gloves during his 16-year career with the Cubs and Phillies. He finished his Hall of Fame career with a .285 batting average, 282 home runs, 1,061 RBIs and 344 stolen bases. When he retired, his 277 homers as a second baseman was a major league record.

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa on Monday became the first manager to retire immediately after leading his team to a World Series title -- the third of his career

What you guys think about this?

Personally, i dont want a first time major league manager on this veteran team.............also doesnt help that he is a cubbie at heart.  (we will get swept by the cubs until he leaves as payback)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hell NO! Ryno can keep his @+% in Chicago, we need a real manager.
[h1]Albert Pujols statue unveiled and dedicated[/h1]
292bb9a2-afa4-4263-9209-682533e8be94-big.jpg

(KMOV.com) -- Albert Pujols and his wife Deidre attended the dedication and unveiling of a statue in honor of the Cardinals slugger Wednesday morning.

The 10-foot-tall bronze statue was dedicated at 11:00 a.m. at Westport Plaza.  The statue sits between the north entrance of Pujols 5 Westport Grill restaurant and the Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel.

Two-years ago, an anonymous donor wanted to recognize Albert Pujols for his dedication to the St. Louis Cardinals and the St. Louis community by having a statue made in his honor.

Nationally acclaimed sculptor Harry Weber, who is known for his captivating sculptures such as the heroic size Lewis and Clark sculpture on the St. Louis Riverfront and the 'Plaza of Champions' outside Busch Stadium, was commissioned to design and sculpt the figure. Now, two years later, the masterpiece is complete.

The donor also commissioned Harry Weber to create limited edition replicas of the Albert Pujols statue to be sold to raise money for the Pujols Family Foundation. Two sizes of bronze statues and copies of Weber's original sketch of the sculpture are available for purchase through Fine Art, Ltd.  The replicas were also on display at the dedication ceremony. Quantities are limited, so you will need to act fast to get your hands on one.

What's this statue all about?

Its what he does when he crossed home plate after hitting a home run.

He said something about it representing more than him hitting a ball and shows his faith in god............or something like that.

If he completes his career in Saint Louis..........His statue should be the same size as Stan Musials and in his classic batting stance.

If not..........I honestly dont think he should have one unless he retires and half of his mlb seasons were in saint louis.

I knew what the pose was pac 
laugh.gif

I just found it interesting that it was unveiled during free-agency.

FIRST B0RN:
^ Albert caught a lot of flack for that.
And he should have. That was effed up. I like the guy. Consider myself a fan, but that was effed.
ohwell.gif
FIRST B0RN:
What's this statue all about?
Oh, just a little token of appreciation in an attempt to get the superstar to stay.

lebron-james-witnesses.jpg

Interestingly enough, that ad was replaced by:

cribbs-289x300.jpg

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Never knew that until I did a search just now for the LeBron ad. Thought that was pretty funny.

I hope for baseball that Albert stays. I don't think he'll be the same if he goes. Seen it too many times, a player starts his career in one place, earns a rep as one of the top players in the game, goes somewhere else, and he's just not the same. It's like... he was SUPPOSED to be where he was, not where he went. I don't know.

I think the Albert statue is a little different than the Lebron ad, especially since it was planned over 2 years ago. I do agree though that Albert in another uni would be weird. 

In other news the Cardinal Nation lost a member today.

[h1]
[h1]Pitcher Bob Forsch dies at 61

[/h1]
ST. LOUIS -- Bob Forsch, the only pitcher in St. Louis Cardinals history to throw two no-hitters, has died at the age of 61.

Team spokesman Brian Bartow said Forsch, the third-winningest pitcher in franchise history, died Thursday at his home near Tampa, Fla. A cause was not immediately known. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Forsch's wife, Jan, said her 61-year-old husband suffered an aneurysm in his chest.

[+] Enlarge

The death came less than a week after Forsch threw out the first pitch at Game 7 of the World Series, a few hours before the Cardinals beat the Texas Rangers 6-2 to win their 11th championship. Forsch was the stand-in for his longtime manager, $$%@%% Herzog, who is recovering from a fall that left him in a hospital for more than three weeks.

"I was supposed to throw out the first ball and was still on medicine, so they decided Forschie would do it," Herzog told the AP in a phone interview from his home in suburban St. Louis County. "We've kept in touch throughout the years. To drop dead like that, it's a real shock."

Forsch, a 6-foot-4 right-hander known for clutch performances in crucial games, played on three World Series teams in the 1980s under Herzog, and one of his three career postseason victories came against the Milwaukee Brewers in the Cardinals' 1982 World Series championship.

Forsch won 20 games in 1977 and twice was a 15-game winner, and had a career record of 168-136 with a 3.76 ERA. Forsch was an accomplished hitter, too, with a .213 career average and 12 home runs.

"We are deeply saddened by the sudden passing of Bob Forsch," chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. said. "Bob was a one of the best pitchers in the history of our organization and a valued member of the Cardinals family."

Forsch, who was a 26th-round draft pick of St. Louis in 1968, threw no-hitters in 1978 (Phillies) and 1983 (Expos). His older brother, Ken Forsch, threw a no-hitter for the Astros in 1979, making them the only brothers in major league history to pitch official no-hitters.

The younger Forsch's two no-hitters were the only two thrown at old Busch Stadium, where he won more games and pitched more innings than any other pitcher. In all, he won 163 games for the Cardinals from 1974 to 1988, trailing only Bob Gibson and Jesse Haines. He finished his career with the Astros in 1989.

Herzog said Forsch was well-liked for his bulldog toughness on the mound, and off the field as well. Herzog also said Forsch was one of the more sensible players on his roster.

"I was fortunate to have Bobby on my team," Herzog said. "He never missed a turn, pitched 200 innings each year. He'd take the ball, and he was a great competitor."

Last year, Forsch was the pitching coach for the Cincinnati Reds' Rookie League affiliate, the Billings Mustangs.

Survivors include Forsch's wife and two daughters. Funeral arrangements were incomplete.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
[/h1]

I'm stunned about Bob Forsch. Less than a week before he died, he's throwing out the first pitch and looking completely healthy.

Only Cardinal to throw 2 no-hitters. I don't know if that will ever be topped (by a Cardinal, obviously).

Regarding the manager situation, I would be more than happy to throw something at the Rays for Joe Maddon. I think he would be the perfect fit for this team.

My short list is as follows:

1. Maddon
2. Oquendo
3. Matheny

If the Cardinals can't get Maddon, I'd like to see them keep things in-house. The only person I wouldn't want is Francona. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

Try this quiz out - it's all about the Cards 2011 season. I only got 8 out of 10, I'm pretty disappointed in that.

http://www.stltoday.com/n...1-8c13-0019bb30f31a.html

^ You just had to do that, didn't you?
Check your PM, by the way.

I got 9 out of ten.....i picked punto instead of craig.....i dont remember craig playing 3rd, then i realized that punto only played 2nd ss and 3rd this year.

Is anybody else buying the world series DVD set?

I dont know if i want that or tickets to the niners/rams game on my bday here in stl.................Ill paypal $20 if someone makes me copies of it, haha.

I'll probably wait a while on that. I thought about getting the 2006 DVD set after it came out ($80), but now it's less than $30 on Amazon.

The best bet is to wait on it pac. Amazon might have the 2006 set for $30, but I've seen it on eBay for as low as $12 (the 8-disc set).

Gotcha...........

Not much news around stl..........besides albert getting offers from the Marlins.

What do we do when he leaves?

The Cards will be fine when Albert leaves. We just have to wait and see what management does signing other free agents.

Back
Top Bottom