☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

1st time during the WC's I missed Channel Surfing's stream.
laugh.gif

Watching NBC.

Well NBC isn't showing it LIVE, this happened 2 hrs ago so just an update from that Women's 1500 Final.

- Winner from Spain got DQ'd for that push, she didnt even do a full victory lap she got booed when the replay showed on the screen.

So it's Bahrain GOLD, GBR SILVER & U.S.A. Bronze.

Men's was too easy and the top teams got their medals: USA, GBR & Australia.

Caster Semenya's testosterone levels are off the charts

August 25, 6:58 PMNY Celebrity Fitness and Health ExaminerSamantha Chang

South African runner Caster Semenya has elevated testosterone levels, tests show.
The 18-year-old is now undergoing an exhaustive gender verification test. (AP Photo)South African runner Caster Semenya has three times the level of testosterone in her body as a "normal" female does, according to the results of a preliminary test she took several weeks ago.

Semenya, 18, is at the center of an international debate concerning her gender. Two weeks before Caster competed at the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Berlin, she was asked to undergo a gender verification test over concerns that the muscular, husky-voiced runner was really a man.

On Aug. 19, Caster crushed her competitors when she won the 800-meter finals at the world championships in 1:55.45, which is the fastest time in the world this year for a female. After her rivals accused her of being a man, Semenya was asked by the IAAF, the world governing body for track and field, to undergo an exhaustive gender test by a team comprised of a gynecologist, endocrinologist, internal medicine expert, an expert on gender and a psychologist.

The IAAF is now trying to determine whether Semenya's abnormally high testosterone levels are due to doping or to her being naturally born more biologically male than female. So far, there's no suggestion Semenya has ever used performance-enhancing drugs.

However, Caster's association with Dr. Ekkart Arbeit, the former East German doping expert, has fueled suspicions of cheating. And doctors say Semenya's testosterone levels are suspicious.

"Athletes' [testosterone] levels are usually not high," Dr. Michael Elstein, an expert in hormone therapy tells the Daily Telegraph. "If anything, they actually may be low because of the stress of competition and release of cortisol, which is a stress hormone and can push testosterone down."

Adds Elstein: "It does not point to her being a male, but it does point to her advancing her performance with testosterone. The question is whether the testosterone is naturally occurring or introduced...that's what the IAAF needs to determine.''

Meanwhile, Caster's family insists she is female. "She is my little girl," says her dad, Jacob Semenya. "I raised her and I have never doubted her gender. She is a woman and I can repeat that a million times."

smh

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Caster Semenya's testosterone levels are off the charts

August 25, 6:58 PMNY Celebrity Fitness and Health ExaminerSamantha Chang

South African runner Caster Semenya has elevated testosterone levels, tests show.
The 18-year-old is now undergoing an exhaustive gender verification test. (AP Photo)South African runner Caster Semenya has three times the level of testosterone in her body as a "normal" female does, according to the results of a preliminary test she took several weeks ago.

Semenya, 18, is at the center of an international debate concerning her gender. Two weeks before Caster competed at the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Berlin, she was asked to undergo a gender verification test over concerns that the muscular, husky-voiced runner was really a man.

On Aug. 19, Caster crushed her competitors when she won the 800-meter finals at the world championships in 1:55.45, which is the fastest time in the world this year for a female. After her rivals accused her of being a man, Semenya was asked by the IAAF, the world governing body for track and field, to undergo an exhaustive gender test by a team comprised of a gynecologist, endocrinologist, internal medicine expert, an expert on gender and a psychologist.

The IAAF is now trying to determine whether Semenya's abnormally high testosterone levels are due to doping or to her being naturally born more biologically male than female. So far, there's no suggestion Semenya has ever used performance-enhancing drugs.

However, Caster's association with Dr. Ekkart Arbeit, the former East German doping expert, has fueled suspicions of cheating. And doctors say Semenya's testosterone levels are suspicious.

"Athletes' [testosterone] levels are usually not high," Dr. Michael Elstein, an expert in hormone therapy tells the Daily Telegraph. "If anything, they actually may be low because of the stress of competition and release of cortisol, which is a stress hormone and can push testosterone down."

Adds Elstein: "It does not point to her being a male, but it does point to her advancing her performance with testosterone. The question is whether the testosterone is naturally occurring or introduced...that's what the IAAF needs to determine.''

Meanwhile, Caster's family insists she is female. "She is my little girl," says her dad, Jacob Semenya. "I raised her and I have never doubted her gender. She is a woman and I can repeat that a million times."

smh
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

nahhhh Im not even by a TV.... what meet? what channel? hopefully I can find a rerun tonite
Golden League in Zurich. Wasn't on TV tho, I was watching the stream on universalsports.com. NBC is gonna replay it Sunday. The field for thewomen's 100 was crazy too, damn near same field as the WC final.

Bolt says he wants to try long jump

ZURICH -- World 100- and 200-meter champion Usain Bolt is also fixing his sights on the long jump.

"I definitely want to try the long jump," the triple Olympic gold medalist told a news conference on Thursday. "I think I would be a really goodlong jumper.

"I've messed around with the long jump since I've been at school and I'm definitely going to give it a try."

American Mike Powell, whose long jump world record of 8.95 meters has stood since the 1991 world championships, said last Friday that Jamaican Bolt could jumpnine meters in the event.

Bolt won the 100 and 200 at this month's world championships in Berlin, breaking the world records in each event.

The Jamaican, who is due to run in the 100 and 4x100 relay at Zurich's Weltklasse meeting on Friday, said he had not yet discussed the long jump seriouslywith his coach or set a date for when he could take up the event.

"It's just a case of me wanting to try it," he said.

Bolt, who spent an hour at Zurich railway station at lunchtime signing around 3,000 autographs, said the recent success of Jamaican athletes in sprint eventswas because many had stayed at home to train rather than move to the United States.

"When you go to the States you get a lot of injuries because you have to run week after week," he said. "I have a good coach who understandsthis.

"The guys who are doing well are the ones who stayed in Jamaica, they can decide when they want to run."

Thread title needs to be changed, and I missed the meet.
smh.gif

I'll watch it when it's up Ondemand, NBC is showing it tomorrow I believe.

am I getting the wrong results on my phone?
Shelly placed 4th..
and Allyson felix did run the 400 and placed 2nd behind Sanya

Women's 100 Carmelita won in 10.85, SAF finished 4th with a weak start and Kerron lost her Jackpot chance finishing2nd.
Women's 400 Sanya won Felix 2nd, SR ran a World leading time 48.94
Men's 100 Bolt won in 9.81 with a bad start jogged and beat Asafa who had the early lead, Powell did 9.88 andDarvis Patton 9.95
Men's 400 was the exact same results as the WC with Merritt, Wariner & Quow (this final was loaded with KerronClement & Angelo Taylor + 5 of the WC Finalist)
Men's 110 Hurdles Dwight Thomas won beating Trammell and Braithwaite
Women's 100 Hurdles Foster-Hylton and Dawn Harper both dipped but the victory was given to BFH, Felicien got 3rdand Lolo Jones pulled up again with an injury.
Women's Pole Vault Isinbayeva redeemed herself from the WC's and set a World Record of 5.07
Men's 4x100 Probably the best race, Jamaica BARELY beat the USA....Bolt hadto catch Wallace Spearmon right at the end, man if the USA had Tyson at the WC's and they made the finals
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom