☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Hey guys quick question about the amnsesty provision. So I understand that if a team uses it then that players salary does not count against the cap. But does the team still have to pay the player his entire contract in full? (even if he signs with another team??)
The way I think it works is that whoever picks up said player, they pay for however much of the contract they want, and that's subtracted from what the original team has to pay.

Say Rashard Lewis is owed 20 million.
New Jersey Nets ends up winning the bidding war for 5 million.
Washington Wizards end up paying 15 million then.

That's how I THINK it works. I could be completely off.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

One spot left. I am looking to make the draft probably Friday during the day if people can do that. Let me know if you cannot do the draft during Friday.
I can't on Friday morning... if I'm the only one holding it up, then feel free to take me out and replace me. I don't wanna hold y'all back from drafting on Friday if it's just me. I would be good by like 1-2 PM though.

Adam Morrison is working on a buy out with his Serb team...... I guess he is drawing a lot of NBA interest
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Adam Morrison is working on a buy out with his Serb team...... I guess he is drawing a lot of NBA interest
nerd.gif
i hope so, id love to see him back. appears to be healthy and finally playing with confidence.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by srvballer

Hey guys quick question about the amnsesty provision. So I understand that if a team uses it then that players salary does not count against the cap. But does the team still have to pay the player his entire contract in full? (even if he signs with another team??)
The way I think it works is that whoever picks up said player, they pay for however much of the contract they want, and that's subtracted from what the original team has to pay.

Say Rashard Lewis is owed 20 million.
New Jersey Nets ends up winning the bidding war for 5 million.
Washington Wizards end up paying 15 million then.

That's how I THINK it works. I could be completely off.

and then what about the remaining years on the contract? is it just a repeat occurence?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm calling it now.....
The Grizzlies will make it to the NBA Finals this season IF none of their main players are injured (and of course re-signing Marc). I just think this team will begin where they left off. They will be very focused and a lot more tough with Rudy Gay added back into the mix. They need to add another big and a shooter may not be that big of a need with Gay coming back who shot 40% from downtown. 

*waits for everyone to call me crazy and a homer like the past two seasons*
roll.gif

I think the top 10 Power Rankings will be:
1) Miami

2) Dallas

3) OKC

4) LAL

5) Chicago

6) Boston

7) Orlando

glasses.gif
Memphis

9) San Antonio

10) Portland

JA, I read somewhere that Rudy Fernandez is happy overseas. Is he coming back? 

Me
ColdCity
Ballinsam23
Zyzz
Caerus
rck2sactown
703FlipFiend
Mr Marcus
jhova718
KayGeeDaGr8

We got our 10. 703FlipFiend, 1-2 pm on Friday is perfect. That is our tentative draft time and date unless anybody says otherwise. You have until tomorrow night to let me know if that time is not good for you, otherwise we will go forth with the draft.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I'm calling it now.....
The Grizzlies will make it to the NBA Finals this season IF none of their main players are injured (and of course re-signing Marc). I just think this team will begin where they left off. They will be very focused and a lot more tough with Rudy Gay added back into the mix. They need to add another big and a shooter may not be that big of a need with Gay coming back who shot 40% from downtown. 

roll.gif

Memphis making it to the finals isn't THAT absurd. 

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by amel223

League pass better come to a 50 percent discount this year.
this.  or better yet, how about FREE to welcome fans back?!?!?!!
eyes.gif
For real, a BIG discount would be much appreciated. I'm talking under a hundred bucks ($89.99
nerd.gif
).

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Just realized that the Heat will be in the building while the Mavs get their "rings" and raise the banner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Right?
Honestly, I think EVERY NBA season should kick off like this. Champs getting their rings at home against the team they beat in the Finals.

And I mentioned this a long while back, but there should be exceptions for whichever team wins the championship... they should get some sort of bonus which makes it easier for them to keep their free agents or be able to extend their own FA's contracts w/minimal penalty or some %#%!.

THAT should be the real prize in winning a chip.

Originally Posted by Lavious

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I'm calling it now.....

roll.gif

Memphis making it to the finals isn't THAT absurd. 
laugh.gif
 i know.

Me
ColdCity
Ballinsam23
Zyzz
Caerus
rck2sactown
703FlipFiend
Mr Marcus
jhova718
KayGeeDaGr8

We got our 10. 703FlipFiend, 1-2 pm on Friday is perfect. That is our tentative draft time and date unless anybody says otherwise. You have until tomorrow night to let me know if that time is not good for you, otherwise we will go forth with the draft.

When are u sending out invites

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by amel223

League pass better come to a 50 percent discount this year.
this.  or better yet, how about FREE to welcome fans back?!?!?!!
eyes.gif
For real, a BIG discount would be much appreciated. I'm talking under a hundred bucks ($89.99
nerd.gif
).

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Just realized that the Heat will be in the building while the Mavs get their "rings" and raise the banner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Right?
Honestly, I think EVERY NBA season should kick off like this. Champs getting their rings at home against the team they beat in the Finals.

And I mentioned this a long while back, but there should be exceptions for whichever team wins the championship... they should get some sort of bonus which makes it easier for them to keep their free agents or be able to extend their own FA's contracts w/minimal penalty or some %#%!.

THAT should be the real prize in winning a chip.
co sign all of this.... even though its against my heat... thats the way it should be...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Me
ColdCity
Ballinsam23
Zyzz
Caerus
rck2sactown
703FlipFiend
Mr Marcus
jhova718
KayGeeDaGr8

When are u sending out invites
I will PM everybody with the league name and password once the league is registered tomorrow night. Please PM with your email so I have another source to contact you guys just in case PM doesn't work 

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

How much is League Pass regularly?

I had been planning on getting it since last season ended.

i think $180? they usually have early bird pricing where its 10-20 cheaper.

it will not be under $100, they only missed 16 games. i will be VERY shocked if they drop the price very low. if they do i will have to buy it but dont plan on it.

I like Butler to the Clippers as well.
I don't like David West in Indiana especially after his surgery. The last thing the Pacers want to do is give him a nice contract only for him to average like 40 games a season (aka Elton Brand signing with the 76ers). West will not put Indiana over the top anyway. 

I like Butler to the Clippers as well.
I don't like David West in Indiana especially after his surgery. The last thing the Pacers want to do is give him a nice contract only for him to average like 40 games a season (aka Elton Brand signing with the 76ers). West will not put Indiana over the top anyway. 
I don't think David West puts Indiana anywhere near over the top either (6-7 seed at best) but West's game should age well since he's never relied on athleticism to begin with. Just a steady post game and pick-and-pop jumpers. Being familiar with Darren Collison helps too.

Back
Top Bottom