☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

I'm really curious to see how Chandler will mesh with the Knicks. If he had joined with a team like Toronto I think that would have been the best destination for him. I don't like him in New York or Golden State, but the Raptors will be a defense-oriented team with their new coach. Having Chandler on the Raptors would have allowed Bargs to move to his natural PF position. I think it'll take a while for Chandler to be a really good fit in New York.

VC, if you can take it to the hole still, please do that, and leave the jumpers to someone else.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by PMatic

Pre-Melo Knicks > Current Knicks

Maybe if you say it as often as I do, people would actually start to listen.

They need a defensive minded coach..

Amare and Melo will get their buckets regardless.. But if they don't play defense it doesn't matter..

Chandler is one of the best defensive centers...  And Melo is actually a really good defender when he gives the effort (see the Lakers series a few years ago)..

They need to fire D'Antoni.. He is an overrated coach.. Bring in any other coach who practices both sides of the ball and the Knicks would be a far better team

I think I've been feeling that way this whole time. I never denied Melo's talent, but I didn't think to pair him alongside Amare was/is the best idea.

They were certainly a lot more fun to watch and all of them really loved being in New York, which meant a lot when you watched them on a nightly basis. Short of Melo winning Finals MVP and averaging 45-12-8 to win the Knicks a title, I think I'm always going to hold a grudge against him for demanding a trade mid-season. We would have had to give up Wilson (I believe), but we wouldn't have been gutted the way we were. Not to mention he wasn't going to be playing for free by any means.. he'd still be getting paid. I'm well aware it's a business, but it was still selfish of him and hurt the team.

this white guy on the Celtics aint that bad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

And Melo is actually a really good defender when he gives the effort (see the Lakers series a few years ago)..

This right here, is the exact opposite type of player you need on a team to win.  This right here, is what a lot of Knick fans cannot get through their heads about Melo.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

The heat continue to look beatable when the game is slowed down.
Same issue I have with OKC, except I think the Heat are more efficient as they have guys on both ends who can contribute. Watching the Thunder when they aren't attacking the rim or on a fast break is pretty hard.

I think Odom's problem is that he's been trying too hard to get others involved and when he has to get his own shot he's trying too hard, and he's just not completely comfortable around Dallas' offense yet. He should eventually, but nothing is given.

Originally Posted by Essential1

And Melo is actually a really good defender when he gives the effort (see the Lakers series a few years ago)..
No he isn't. Defense is a skill, contrary to what most people seem to believe. It's a mix of awareness, lateral quickness, basketball IQ, and effort. Melo is not a good defender, and pointing out one series (in which he played awfully) from years ago does not prove you point. Wasn't he guarding Trevor Ariza for most of that series? LOL. 
Capping out for Tyson Chandler was a questionable move. I mean if the goal is to win a title, who in that front office believes that a core of Melo, Amare, and TC are capable of getting it done? Last season they caved and traded depth and assets for an inconsistent star, both in terms of performance and effort. These aren't the moves of an ambitious and shrewd front office, merely one intent on generating incredible revenue and appeasing a rabid fan base.  No offense, Knick fans. 

And yes, employing an entirely offensive minded coach who relies on the pick and roll as the crux of his scheme is rather foolish. Especially when that coach doesn't have a point guard to run it. (and no, a washed up Baron Davis isn't the savior)

Dallas fans shouldn't get used to seeing Carter be aggressive and get to the foul line, this is a rare sight.

Westbrook continually trying to shut me up, jesus.

No denying he has some of the best athleticism in the League.

Are any of Westbrook's points not thunderous dunks? Ouch.

I guess it's better to have him go off than Durant, but damn.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by ill steelo

The heat continue to look beatable when the game is slowed down.
Same issue I have with OKC, except I think the Heat are more efficient as they have guys on both ends who can contribute. Watching the Thunder when they aren't attacking the rim or on a fast break is pretty hard.

I think Odom's problem is that he's been trying too hard to get others involved and when he has to get his own shot he's trying too hard, and he's just not completely comfortable around Dallas' offense yet. He should eventually, but nothing is given.
Yea. Their sets leave a lot to be desired. And agreed on Odom. I'm also not sure if he's in shape yet. He'll get there by playoff time.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The games against the Bulls will be very interesting.
Especially if Bron refuses to post up like he was earlier in the season. Their halfcourt offense has been awful.

You don't remember the Knick thread after the details of the trade came out?
More than half of us hated how much we gave away for someone we would've signed anyways.

We were one of the best teams in the league for a while with Eddy Curry's money doing nothing for us.
It wasn't until the minutes and lack of depth burnt STAT and Felton out and the trade rumors killed Wil's confidence that we fell off.

It's almost still preseason and 3 of our starters are injured.
ohwell.gif

Sam Amick
Kings F DeMarcus Cousins has issued a statement: "I want to address my missing the New Orleans game Sunday. I have not demanded or requested a trade. I don't agree with the actions taken but will give my sincere effort to put it behind me and compete the best I can for my team."

Team DMC
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Ya'll saw the swag on T-Mac's last shot? It even had that OG toilet bowl swirl into the hoop. T-Mac is def. back.

Back
Top Bottom