☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

[h1]Report: Rockets in lead to trade for Chris Kaman[/h1]
Kurt Helin

Feb 1, 2012, 4:28 PM EST

Leave a comment

x610.jpeg
AP
The Houston Rockets have gone after every center with a heartbeat that has come on the market since the lockout ended, and they may finally be getting one. A pretty good one.

The Rockets are in the lead to land Chris Kaman, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
The Houston Rockets have had extensive discussions with the New Orleans Hornets about center Chris Kaman and appear to be in the lead to trade for him, numerous sources told SI.com….

While no deal is imminent and the pieces are still being discussed, sources said the talks have involved the Rockets’ two top-10 picks from the 2009 draft — center Hasheem Thabeet (No. 2 by Memphis) and power forward Jordan Hill (No. 8 by New York). The Rockets have other young former first-rounders who could be included as well, among them second-year forward Patrick Patterson, third-year point guard Jonny Flynn and third-year small forward Terrence Williams. They also have a 2012 first-round pick from the Knicks that the Hornets would love to obtain.

Don’t expect this to happen fast — remember the league owns the Hornets right now so there are extra hoops to jump through. Just ask the Lakers.

This would be an upgrade for the Rockets — people tend to underestimate Kaman. This is a solid, strong NBA center who can provide some points, rebounds and a defensive presence in the paint. He is not elite, but he is a career 12 and 8 guy who plays within himself and is tough.

Houston is 12-9 this season, eight seed in the West right now, with Jordan Hill at center. This gives them some much needed balance.

You can bet that Knicks pick is part of the deal.

As a side note, the Bulls may be in the lead to land Joel Przybilla, when he decides it is time return, reports the Chicago Tribune.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-kaman/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

^
Do you get the impression that Gordon wants to stay in N.O.?  
laugh.gif

Good to flip Kaman, but I'll wait til I see what they get from Hou. 

Why do the Rockets want Kaman exactly? I mean sure, nice C tandem with Dalembert but doesn't really address their issues. They're already a top rebounding team.

EDIT: Makes sense considering Kaman's contract expires at the end of the year. More room to throw money at D-Will or Dwight potentially.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Why do the Rockets want Kaman exactly? I mean sure, nice C tandem with Dalembert but doesn't really address their issues. They're already a top rebounding team.
Chris Kaman & Dalembert >>>>> Jordan Hill & Dalembert.
Hill will surprise you with a 12/12 game out of nowhere, but when you expect that from him every night, he'll give you next to nothing. 

Out of 82 games, he'll give you 8 good impactful ones, so in 66 games, he'll give you 6, so he's due for 4 more good games the rest of

this season. Flynn, Thatbeet, and Williams should honestly be the even swap for Kaman. Nobody else should be included in that deal. 

The Wizards have a whole team full of JR Smith's, the league isn't missing out on anything.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Ewing has two Gold medals.

Pau helped LA sure but he was a pretty damn good player for 7 years carrying that Memphis squad as well. But like I said, it's close enough in ranking where I'm not going to go back and forth over.
Playing for Team USA, and he was always THE guy in New York.

I don't see why the comparison is so hard for you to get. Steve Nash, international player with two MVPs, and for most of his career, he's been THE guy.

Pau and Manu? Pau back when his team sucked, but he's always been at most second-fiddle. Same with Manu. They both have NBA Championships, and they both have had great success in international basketball.

I don't disagree with you about Ewing, Hakeem, or Dirk having a better, more well-rounded basketball career.

Manu, I do. There's a difference between Ewing, Hakeem, and Dirk, compared to Manu and Gasol. All are great international players, but Ewing, Hakeem, and Dirk led teams to being relevant. Manu and Pau were support characters, but they also had tons of international success too.

I don't think that Manu is that much better than Pau, and I don't think an argument can be made that Pau is that much better than Manu.

The only thing I had issue with is saying that clearly Manu is inferior to Pau. I think it's very close. I have a lot of respect for what Manu Ginobili has done.

And maybe this is completely ******ed, but I value more a non-USA gold medal than I do a USA gold. Trust me, I love USA Mens Basketball, but if you top the USA, I give you props, that's a damn great accomplishment, that's why I have so much respect for Manu.

How many international players have Olympic gold? That's all Manu.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Wizards have a whole team full of JR Smith's, the league isn't missing out on anything.

indifferent.gif

grin.gif
 Chill with the JR slander 
don't compare guy's like jordan crawford n Nick young 
laugh.gif
 to JR it's not close 

Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph is making considerable progress and his rehabilitation from a torn right medial collateral ligament is on schedule.
That’s what a magnetic resonance imaging examination indicated this morning to team physicians.
“The results came back positive and he’s on schedule and progressing,â€

Has anyone ever actually looked at some of Manu's playoff performances? 
nerd.gif

I have. 

All the crap I got from everyone yesterday, ya'll sure you don't just like the little lefty cuz he plays funny? 
laugh.gif

His playoff resume is garbage.  Not sure how many of you know that.  But whatever, top 20 player, etc etc.  Ok. 

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

EDIT: Makes sense considering Kaman's contract expires at the end of the year. More room to throw money at D-Will or Dwight potentially.

Doesn't matter Rockets already declined the option of Hill, Thabeet, Flynn, Williams.   Patrick Patterson they would probably keep but that is a $2 million option. So it is not to clear cap room.

Only thing that makes sense is they would want to resign Kaman for an extreme reduction in salary in the offseason because that is the only thing that makes sense.  As getting Kaman doesn't make the Rockets much better if at all..

And no way they go after DWill with Lowry there.

roll.gif
@  saying getting Kaman for Patterson effectively would be getting Patterson for nothing...  Absurd..

Originally Posted by show time 96

Originally Posted by Buc Em

indifferent.gif

grin.gif
 Chill with the JR slander 
don't compare guy's like jordan crawford n Nick young 
laugh.gif
 to JR it's not close 

They do nothing good except chuck the basketball towards the rim, be terrible teammates and have an occasional highlight dunk. Yeah JR Smith is a much better version of them, but they all do the same thing. The Nuggets don't seem to be missing him and Melo turning a basketball game into a 2 on 5 contest. But you YMCA ballers that rock two arm sleeves, a headband, 4 Power Balance bands, Elite Socks and a new pair of Kobe ID's every time you go out to play pickup games love players like them.

Are you sure you can't just give him any credit at all because you hate him?

44/37/82, 16.5, 5, 4 and 1.5, really good advanced percentages, 20.6 PER and 14.5 win shares over 122 games. Far from "garbage."

Originally Posted by CP1708

Has anyone ever actually looked at some of Manu's playoff performances? 
nerd.gif

I have. 

All the crap I got from everyone yesterday, ya'll sure you don't just like the little lefty cuz he plays funny? 
laugh.gif

His playoff resume is garbage.  Not sure how many of you know that.  But whatever, top 20 player, etc etc.  Ok. 
Garbage in what sense?

20/5/4 shooting 50/40/80 is garbage? I didn't know.

Robert Horry Playoff averages: 7.9/5.6/2.4, 43% FG, 36% 3, 72% FT, 1.1 Steals, .9 Blocks. Never averaged more than 13 PPG in a Playoff year, best years were 13/7/3 twice.

Manu Ginobili Playoff averages: 16.5/4.6/3.8, 44% FG, 37% 3, 82% FT, 1.5 Steals, .3 blocks. Averaged over 15 6 times. Best years were 20/5/4, 19/3/6.

But Horry wins because he has more rings with different teams and hits big shots, right?
laugh.gif

KLJ got the in-depth stats, I got the raw stats.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Memphis will be eliminated from playoff contention by the time Zach comes back.
pimp.gif

Good day.
I called it after they beat the SPURS last year.
#onehitwonders. #YOWO #YouOnlyWinOnce
30t6p3b.gif

Manu is not a HOFer can y'all stop it already.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Are you sure you can't just give him any credit at all because you hate him?

44/37/82, 16.5, 5, 4 and 1.5, really good advanced percentages, 20.6 PER and 14.5 win shares over 122 games. Far from "garbage."
Also, .181 WS/48. As Comparison, John Stockton had a WS/48 of .160, Jordan .255, Kobe .158, Bird .173, and Horry .128.

Also, I know we're only talking about NBA right now, but, Manu Ginobili was the player that lead them to Olympic Gold.

No FIBA crap, OLYMPIC gold.

How many players in basketball history can say they've beaten the USA team? MVP of the Men's Olympic team. 29 points in the 8 point victory over the USA.

That, along with three NBA championships as a key guy, he's a Hall of Famer.

Back
Top Bottom