☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]DraftExpress
According to sources close to the situation, Lietuvos Rytas will not let Jonas Valanciunas leave for Toronto this season.
11-12-03 9:17 PM[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Marc Gasol man, so overrated, mediocre rebounder, good passer (not great just good), solid shot blocker, he's not better than Horford, he's not better than Noah anybody who pays 70 mil will regret it.
laugh.gif

So, he's a mediocre rebounder? He averaged 9 boards in his 2nd season next to one of the best rebounders in the game. Last season, his numbers dipped because he was playing hurt for the most part and Zach rebounding numbers went up. When has Marc ever been overrated? No one rarely talks about him and he only began to get some love during the playoffs. What makes Noah better than Marc? Do you think if you swapped Marc and Noah on their respective teams, Grizz would be worse and Chicago would be better? Imagine teams focusing on Zach because Noah can give you anything but a few tip-ins and dunks on the offensive end....He just isn't polished enough. 

Horford is another story. Horford and Marc are a little more close in talent. Horford is more mobile due to his size, but he's still not a legit center. He's 6'10, 245 and Atlanta is still trying to put him at PF. You saw what happened when Marc was the 2nd option on that Memphis team (what Horford is in Atlanta). 15 and 11.
13% rebound rate is mediocre, I believe thats what he pulled down last year so yes mediocre, the average rebound rate for a center I think is 15..he was at 13 last year and 14 for most of his career. What would you call that besides mediocre?

Noah is just as good of a passer, and a better rebounder and defensive player, better at defending pick and rolls and is more mobile, and most of all he is younger, I'm sorry I would rather eat poison than pay Marc Gasol near max money.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]DraftExpress
According to sources close to the situation, Lietuvos Rytas will not let Jonas Valanciunas leave for Toronto this season.
ohwell.gif
Aw well, better chance of getting Uni Brow.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]DraftExpress
ohwell.gif
Aw well, better chance of getting Uni Brow.
Pretty much but I can't wait until this kid comes to the NBA. I'm just waiting to tell everyone in the city "I told you so."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ill steelo

According to sources, Nene, Chandler and Gasol all set their early asking prices in the neighborhood of maximum-contract territory, starting at $14.8 million for Gasol, $17.7 annually for Nene, and $20.7 million for Chandler. There is plenty of crossover in their respective lists of salary-cap-friendly suitors, with the Nets, Rockets and Warriors appearing to be the hungriest shoppers, and the Pacers and Trail Blazers strolling the big man aisles as well.
Link

laugh.gif
@ 20 mil for Chandler.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
they want that per year?

laugh.gif
sick.gif

If someone gives Tyson Chandler $20 million................ I don't even know.  I don't even think he's worth 15.  10 would be more reasonable.  Even at 10 I could see him underperforming in the wrong situation... if he goes to Toronto, for example.  He'll fall right off the map.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Marc Gasol man, so overrated, mediocre rebounder, good passer (not great just good), solid shot blocker, he's not better than Horford, he's not better than Noah anybody who pays 70 mil will regret it.
laugh.gif

So, he's a mediocre rebounder? He averaged 9 boards in his 2nd season next to one of the best rebounders in the game. Last season, his numbers dipped because he was playing hurt for the most part and Zach rebounding numbers went up. When has Marc ever been overrated? No one rarely talks about him and he only began to get some love during the playoffs. What makes Noah better than Marc? Do you think if you swapped Marc and Noah on their respective teams, Grizz would be worse and Chicago would be better? Imagine teams focusing on Zach because Noah can give you anything but a few tip-ins and dunks on the offensive end....He just isn't polished enough. 

Horford is another story. Horford and Marc are a little more close in talent. Horford is more mobile due to his size, but he's still not a legit center. He's 6'10, 245 and Atlanta is still trying to put him at PF. You saw what happened when Marc was the 2nd option on that Memphis team (what Horford is in Atlanta). 15 and 11.
13% rebound rate is mediocre, I believe thats what he pulled down last year so yes mediocre, the average rebound rate for a center I think is 15..he was at 13 last year and 14 for most of his career. What would you call that besides mediocre?

Noah is just as good of a passer, and a better rebounder and defensive player, better at defending pick and rolls and is more mobile, and most of all he is younger, I'm sorry I would rather eat poison than pay Marc Gasol near max money.

Both Marc and Noah are the same age. And your using that after 3 seasons? 12 and 7 out of your rookie big man is good, not mediocre. Next season, he averaged 9 boards. Last season, he dipped again, but averaged 11 boards in 13 games during the playoffs. I guess it really depends on the team you have. I'm sure if you had a poll for NBA coaches on who would they rather have, the results would be very close and wouldn't be surprised if Marc had more votes. 
I definitely don't see him getting $70M though unless its a 5 year deal (which only Memphis can offer). 4yr/60-65M is what I'm looking at. I would think his contract would be the same duration as Zbo's which is 4 as well. Knowing Heisley, he will offer something huge before any teams attempt to give him an offer sheet (the same thing he did with Rudy). I hope he tries a different approach and let things play out. 

Too bad the NBA season is 82 games, but congratulations on the 11 games or good rebounding I will be over here NOT paying Marc Gasol 70 mil.

Also If I ever here another human being say he is better than his brother I might actually lose my mind.

one of the rare times I agree with you

If those guys are wanting that much, I can't even imagine what we will have to pay Serge Ibaka. Everybody in OKC is going to have to donate their first born daughters. Memphis is known for giving out some horrible deals the last couple seasons though, kind of like how Cuban is/used to be.

Free-agent buzz: Heat leading option for Battier

Once NBA teams can speak with free agents beginning Monday, Miami Heat president Pat Riley has his franchise in strong position to sell Shane Battier on signing to play with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Battier has been a primary target in free agency for the Heat, and sources say the pitch of Riley, coach Erik Spoelstra and key Heat players could ultimately confirm Battier’s strong feelings about chasing a championship in Miami.

Riley and Spoelstra see Battier as a strong defender with an ability to hit the open shots that’ll come his way playing with James, Wade and Chris Bosh. He’s been a proven playoff performer, and possesses the professionalism and maturity to navigate within the harsh glare of the Heat’s existence.

Battier, 33, is still studying the marketplace, and how his personal scenario could change as different teams use the amnesty clause to create salary-cap space. Nevertheless, Miami currently stands as the most compelling option for him.

Teams aren’t allowed to enter into formal agreements with free agents until Friday, but the NBA sent a memo on Saturday telling team officials they can talk to players starting on Monday morning. Teams have been able to negotiate with player agents since Thursday, but currently can’t come to terms on deals.

Many had expected the Oklahoma City Thunder to aggressively pursue Battier, but that hasn’t happened. Kevin Durant has publicly campaigned for Battier on Twitter in the offseason, but Thunder officials haven’t been engaged in the recruitment. With Battier in his advancing years, there are natural questions about his slippage as an elite perimeter defender, especially over a multiyear deal

Battier would a portion – or all – of Miami’s midlevel exception. Depending on the Heat’s maneuvering above or below the luxury-tax threshold, he could be eligible for up to a four-year, $20 million contract or a three-year, $9.4 million deal under the terms of the new collective bargaining agreement.

Miami has had strong interest in free-agent center Samuel Dalembert, but sources said it’s doubtful he would accept a midlevel exception at the expense of more lucrative offers available elsewhere. The Heat could use a portion of the midlevel to lure free-agent center Kwame Brown, who is strongly considering Miami. The Charlotte Bobcats also are pushing to hold onto Brown.

For more than a year, Miami’s star players have pushed for Battier to join them in free agency. Battier spent last season with the Houston Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies. He played a significant role in the Grizzlies’ run to the Western Conference finals, and has publicly and privately said that he’s determined to sign with a title contender at this later stage in his career.

More free-agent chatter

If the Los Angeles Clippers are content to have restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan bring them back an offer sheet to match, the line of suitors is long and serious, league executives said. The Toronto Raptors, New Orleans Hornets, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors and Minnesota Timberwolves are teams with salary-cap space considering multiyear offers for Jordan. …The Sacramento Kings have emerged as a frontrunner to sign Rockets free-agent forward Chuck Hayes, league sources said. Sacramento had wanted to sign Hayes to a lucrative one-year deal to keep cap space for the summer of 2012, but could come back with the kind of multiyear offer now needed to acquire him. For Hayes, a native of nearby Modesto in Northern California, it would be a unique chance to return home.
Link

Shane.
frown.gif

Side note, Toronto interested in DeAndre Jordan? Get 'er done, Colangelo.

Oh please basketball God no...
sick.gif

DeAndre needs to stay put.  He and Blake Griffin (and Gordon!) are the future... of entertaining television.
pimp.gif
  LP will not be the same if DeAndre is let go.

Back
Top Bottom