☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

wow. battier is the perfect fit for MIA. great defender and shoots 38% from downtown for his career. excellent fit.

Where are y'all expecting Battier to play in Miami? He can't really play the 2 anymore. I guess whenever they move Lebron to another position on the court, he can play the 3 or sometimes the 4. 
If Miami ends up with Battier and Dalembert, they just may win it this year.
laugh.gif
 @ Battier being in Miami though. He's just a low key kinda guy and it'll be funny to see him in Miami.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Where are y'all expecting Battier to play in Miami? He can't really play the 2 anymore. I guess whenever they move Lebron to another position on the court, he can play the 3 or sometimes the 4. 
It seems like to me that they want Bosh to play some five and LeBron four a lot this year. That'd be awesome on defense, but a team with a huge, athletic front-court would have a field day with em.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It seems like to me that they want Bosh to play some five and LeBron four a lot this year. That'd be awesome on defense, but a team with a huge, athletic front-court would have a field day with em.
Turns out they wouldn't be able to get Dalembert. 
*Waits for Heisley to offer Shane a 3-year deal to keep him in Memphis* 

I have no idea what's happening though, maybe Caron Butler will join the boys too.

Chalmers
Wade
Butler
Bron
Bosh

Offense is unlimited.
laugh.gif

I have no idea what's happening though, maybe Caron Butler will join the boys too.

Chalmers
Wade
Butler
Bron
Bosh

Offense is unlimited.
laugh.gif

zero rebounding

Chalmers
Wade
Butler
Bron
Bosh

Offense is unlimited.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I honestly think they are better off getting a big man with that MLE rather than a SF. Kwame Brown? Lol. They might as well keep ol' Joel at center. I wonder why Dalembert won't accept the MLE? What in the hell he suppose to get? $9-10M? 
roll.gif

grin.gif

Don't get me wrong, he's made improvements in Miami but put ANY post presence forward/center on him and he's doomed. I've seen him at the five enough for a career in Toronto.

Chalmers
Wade
Butler
Bron
Bosh

Offense is unlimited.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I honestly think they are better off getting a big man with that MLE rather than a SF. Kwame Brown? Lol. They might as well keep ol' Joel at center. I wonder why Dalembert won't accept the MLE? What in the hell he suppose to get? $9-10M? 
roll.gif
I definitely agree, but it seems like they want a wing man really bad.

And Dalembert maybe would get a regular MLE, but he wouldn't get a tax-payers MLE, that's a little too cheap for him IMO.

Regarding Andris Biedrins, no, he's probably not gonna get amnestied. The Warriors are most likely not gonna use it immediately. He's sucked, but at the same time, big men are at a premium, even the crappy ones.

laugh.gif
 @ Battier being in Miami though. He's just a low key kinda guy and it'll be funny to see him in Miami.
He'd be replacing the 20 minutes per game that Mike Miller played. Or James Jones' 19 mins.

Apparently they can't get Dalembert if they're using part of the MLE on battier.

Oh well. Gonna have to settle for Kwame

Grizz and McRoberts have mutual interest. I think its safe to say that we will get him. The Lakers are after him too, but Conley's dad is his agent. 
laugh.gif

This is who I figured we would get being that we almost gave up OJ for him 
eyes.gif

The 6-10 power forward/center, whom the Griz attempted to acquire in a trade with the Indiana Pacers last season, is an unrestricted free agent. Griz general manager Chris Wallace contacted McRoberts' agent, Mike Conley Sr., last week when the NBA allowed team executives to talk with player agents.

There is mutual interest, according to league sources, although no deals can be agreed upon until the collective bargaining agreement is finalized. The league's agreement with the union is expected to be completed by Friday when training camps are scheduled to open.

McRoberts, 24, is also drawing interest from the Los Angeles Lakers after having spent the past three seasons playing for the Pacers. McRoberts averaged 7.4 points and 5.3 rebounds last season as an athletic and versatile frontcourt player.

The Grizzlies' stated priority is to re-sign restricted free-agent center Marc Gasol. Once that happens, the organization would like to add a strong player alongside reserve forward Darrell Arthur with the goal of resting Gasol and Zach Randolph at the same time.

@ESPNSteinLine Just filed to ESPN: Mavs free agent Tyson Chandler will meet face-to-face this week w/officials from Warriors, Rockets and Nets. Link on way
@ESPNSteinLineAs negotiations with Mavericks have stalled, Golden State, Houston and New Jersey have emerged as three most serious suitors for Chandler
@ESPNSteinLine Rockets and Nets remain in hunt for Denver free agent Nene and are likewise expected to soon make face-to-face pitches to Brazilian as well
@ESPNSteinLine Golden State also linked w/Nene. But Warriors awash w/scorers so Chandler appears to be best fit for Dubs (who also like RFA DeAndre Jordan)

If Nets or Houston overpay Chandler
30t6p3b.gif
I can see GS do it though.

would be nice if he went to the Nets. i just want to see Deron win some games this season.

^ if nets sign him.. what do they do with lopez?

i assume they would trade him.. but what is his value?

[h2]Sources: Warriors eye Tyson Chandler[/h2]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

Dallas Mavericks free agent Tyson Chandler will meet face-to-face this week with officials from the Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets and New Jersey Nets, according to sources close to the situation.

Negotiations with the Mavericks have stalled, prompting Chandler to tell ESPN.com on Wednesday night: "I really think I'm going to be on a new team come training camp."

i

Chandler

With little movement in the talks in the days since, sources say that Golden State, Houston and New Jersey have emerged as the most serious suitors for Chandler, who is widely credited with changing the defensive culture in Dallas and combining with Mavs mainstay Dirk Nowitzki to spark the franchise to its first-ever championship.

The Rockets and Nets also remain at the forefront of the chase for Denver Nuggets free agent Nene -- along with the Indiana Pacers and Nuggets themselves -- and are likely to meet with the Brazilian big man as well in the coming week. Sources stressed that the Mavericks, meanwhile, continue to keep an open dialogue with Chandler in hopes that a deal can still be struck.

The NBA notified teams over the weekend that direct contact between team executives and free agents is permissible as of Monday at 10 a.m. ET. Free agency is scheduled to begin in earnest Friday, which the NBA has announced as the first day teams will be allowed to make signings and trades, pending ratification Thursday of the tentative labor agreement between owners and players struck Nov. 26.

Sources said Sunday that the teams involved are most likely to make visits to Chandler as opposed to the 29-year-old traveling to the various cities. With free agency so compressed this month after the 149-day lockout, most top free agents are expected to adopt the same approach as opposed to traveling extensively before training camps open, which is also scheduled for Friday.

The Mavericks, according to team sources, have always viewed re-signing Chandler as their No. 1 offseason priority, but it's believed they want to do a deal in the $10 million range annually, in hopes that they can keep maximum financial flexibility in the summer of 2012 to have the requisite salary-cap space to bid for top free agents for the first time in the Mark Cuban era.

Sources say Dallas is determined to make a run at Dwight Howard, Chris Paul or North Texas-native Deron Williams next summer and fears that matching the offers Chandler is expected to receive from the Warriors, Rockets and Nets will take the Mavericks out of the market for the big names before the process even starts.

As one of the league's oldest teams and with Nowitzki as its lone certifiable All-Star, Dallas privately concedes that it has to start looking to the future by trying to find a younger cornerstone player -- like Williams -- who can help Nowitzki transition to more of a co-starring role. The Mavs' big quandary, however, is that the presence of Nowitzki on the roster in July 2012 without Chandler as his frontcourt sidekick might not be enough to tempt the league's top free agents, given that Nowitzki will be 34 next summer.

One source with knowledge of Williams' thinking, for example, told ESPN.com earlier this week that the All-Star guard was unlikely to choose the Mavericks in free agency -- despite his local ties and appreciation of Nowitzki's game -- without Chandler in place as well.

The Nets are likewise chasing Nene and Chandler hard in hopes of upgrading their roster sufficiently to convince Williams to re-sign with them next summer before the team's long-awaited move to Brooklyn.

ESPN.com reported earlier this week that the Nets are prepared to offer Brook Lopez and two future first-round picks, while also absorbing the onerous contract of Hedo Turkoglu in hopes of convincing the Orlando Magic to deal them Howard, but the Nets have also forged ahead with the pursuit of Nene and Chandler to ensure that they land a top-flight big man, figuring that signing either one would also only enhance their collection of trade assets to offer the Magic for Howard.

The Warriors might have to use the forthcoming amnesty clause on guard Charlie Bell or even center Andris Biedrins to create enough cap space to win the bidding for Chandler, but they arguably rank as the strongest current threat to sign him away if the talks between the Mavericks and Chandler don't take a U-turn. Awash in scorers, Golden State is looking for a defensive-minded anchor to complement Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry and David Lee, establishing Chandler as the best fit in Oakland of the available centers. Houston, meanwhile, simply needs a top-flight center after the retirement of Yao Ming and continues to press hard for Nene or Chandler.

Chandler maintains that staying in Dallas has always been his first choice, but he expressed disappointment in Wednesday night's interview that the communication between the sides was minimal from the end of the NBA Finals in mid-June and the June 30 deadline for a contract extension. The Mavericks maintain that they were reluctant to talk about an extension before July 1 because no one knew how drastic changes to the NBA's collective bargaining agreement would be at that time.

The best estimates in circulation suggest that the Mavericks would only have roughly $5 million in cap space for the summer of 2012 if they match the offers Chandler is getting on the open market, even if Dallas' other free agents -- such as Caron Butler and Jose Juan Barea -- are all let go. To have the needed cap space to bid for a player of Paul's or Williams' caliber in July 2012 if Chandler is retained, Dallas would likely need to set free either backup center Brendan Haywood or forward Shawn Marion through the amnesty clause, bid farewell to 2012 free agent-to-be Jason Terry and perhaps even be forced to send away younger prospects like Corey Brewer or Rodrigue Beaubois in trades that bring back no salary.

Chandler, 29, was acquired by the Mavericks in July 2010 in a deal with the Charlotte Bobcats, co-headlined by Erick Dampier, but he was widely billed at the time as a consolation prize after Dampier's cap-friendly contract failed to get Dallas in the bidding for the league's marquee free agents (Miami stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh among them) through various sign-and-trade offers.

Yet Chandler wound up meshing with Nowitzki better than anyone anticipated, supplying length, athleticism, rim protection and a brand of vocal leadership that no big man who previously lined up alongside the eventual NBA Finals MVP had ever provided in Dallas.

After missing nearly 70 games over the previous two seasons through injury, Chandler wound up playing in 74 regular season games and finished third in the league's Defensive Player of the Year voting. In the Western Conference finals, Chandler helped Dallas to a 4-1 series win over the same Oklahoma City Thunder team that traded for him in February 2009 and then rescinded the trade one day later because of concerns about a toe injury.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Back
Top Bottom