☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by kash55

Originally Posted by HankMoody

And this is the bigger issue her. This is a show of power. Stern does not want the player dictating where they go, he was upset by the whole Miami thing, and now he showing that this is a owners league and they'll have the say on which player goes where.

So this could happen if the NBA didn't own the Hornets?
Yes that is a very integral part of this, but it doesn't change the fact that the other owners initiated this, and the only reason Stern would do this is because he doesn't want to have Chris Paul say I'm through with the Hornets, bring on a big city.
This trade is probably the best trade the Hornets could have gotten for CP3. They would have gotten Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic.

Now Paul is forced to say with the Hornets and if this is anything to go by, won't get traded to a big market, won't get traded to a small market because he won't resign, and he'll become a free agent.

When's the last time the league didn't approve a trade? Why didn't they exercise this option last summer? Clearly a trade exception for LeBron was not even.

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Pump Fake

This is definitely a bad move on the Lakers part. Don't get too caught up on names. Basketball is a team game. You need bigs. According to numbers, Paul wasn't even that great last season.

indifferent.gif

Stoneface all you want. I'm just saying, I'm surprised he only averaged 16 points on a team where he was the lead man. This deal isn't good for LA, if they are planning on not making any other moves. They got much weaker. We don't even know how well Kobe and Paul mesh together. You rarely trade bigs for perimeter players. 
Every statement you made could be said about the Miami heat of last year. Even though I love that squad as a fan of the league, according to numbers, Lebron didn't have the stats to get a ring last year in the finals. So he wasn't all that great either was he? We didn't know how Lebron and Wade would work together either, until it happened. 
We won't know how well anyone will work together until it happens. Just because Paul came off an injury last year decreasing his stats, that doesn't mean he would blend in well with the lakers. They have a new coach and a new system to work through. If anything, those two would blend in well together seeing as to how Paul is an elite guard who can set ANYONE up for the perfect opportunities. Kobe would have a field day catching the ball anywhere on the court. 

And this is the bigger issue her. This is a show of power. Stern does not want the player dictating where they go, he was upset by the whole Miami thing, and now he showing that this is a owners league and they'll have the say on which player goes where.

Yes that is a very integral part of this, but it doesn't change the fact that the other owners initiated this, and the only reason Stern would do this is because he doesn't want to have Chris Paul say I'm through with the Hornets, bring on a big city.
This trade is probably the best trade the Hornets could have gotten for CP3. They would have gotten Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic.

Now Paul is forced to say with the Hornets and if this is anything to go by, won't get traded to a big market, won't get traded to a small market because he won't resign, and he'll become a free agent.
Its the best trade for this year...
But they were better off taking Eric Bledsoe, Aminu Minnesota's unprotected pick, and Kaman for Paul and Ariza long term. Losing would have been a tough pill to swallow, but
2 top 5 picks > a couple of number 3 pieces on a title contender.

When's the last time the league didn't approve a trade? Why didn't they exercise this option last summer? Clearly a trade exception for LeBron was not even.
Because this the post Miami super team era, this is what essentially the lock out was all about. This is new, this is the owners trying to stop the superstars going to major cities.
This is the league trying to make a point, setting a tone for this post lock out nba.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i don't know how to make gifs but a great potential gif can be made when CP3 miss the first lay up on the skills challenge and Westbrook/Curry are laughing at him

All this does is allow a team to get a player at a lower cost if they're stubborn enough to say %%@# you to the owners trying to hold them hostage.

So in a sense you'd end up hurting yourself if you subscribed to this philosophy.

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Am I the only NBA fan that wanted this trade to go through? Losing Gasol, and Odom will be the best thing to ever happen. LA will be beatable with ease without them two.

I actually agree with this. Who is Chris Paul setting up in that offense? That looks awesome on paper obviously, but Kobe is an iso player. Chris Paul would be awesome in New York with Amare and Chandler, Memphis with Z-Bo and Gasol, and the Clipper with Griffin and Jordan.....but him passing to Kobe at the top of the key so he can go 1 on 1 with his man kinda negates the whole getting an elite point guard thing. The Lakers would benefit more keeping Gasol, Bynum and Odom together and signing Chauncey Billups once he's amnestied. The Lakers won titles because of their size. They won having two skilled 7 footers and one bruising 7 footer. This would take away the size that teams game planned around.

Because this the post Miami super team era, this is what essentially the lock out was all about. This is new, this is the owners trying to stop the superstars going to major cities.
This is the league trying to make a point, setting a tone for this post lock out nba.

I don't agree with you. This could only happen with the Hornets.

Chris Paul exploring legal options w/NBPA director Billy Hunter to fight blocked deal. Word is they might take legal action.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Yea thats BS. Basically now there is no way CP3 gets traded to the Knicks, Celtics, or any winning team. I guess warriors/clippers got their wish.....
I would just like a real explanation cause every thing their spewing out makes no sense, if it was to the Bobcats they wouldn't have done it *+++$. "Basketball reasons" what the hell does that mean.

NBA wants to sucker some rich people into buying that franchise and they're content to use CP3 as bait.  IMO if CP3 played for a team that wasn't owned by the NBA (NBA trying to sell team too) this wouldn't be an issue.

Stern already turned down Ellison's 450 million bid because he wanted to move the team to San Jose.  I don't see anyone buying the team and not relocating it so the League is gonna own it for a while.

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I would just like a real explanation cause every thing their spewing out makes no sense, if it was to the Bobcats they wouldn't have done it *+++$. "Basketball reasons" what the hell does that mean.

NBA wants to sucker some rich people into buying that franchise and they're content to use CP3 as bait.  IMO if CP3 played for a team that wasn't owned by the NBA (NBA trying to sell team too) this wouldn't be an issue.

Stern already turned down Ellison's 450 million bid because he wanted to move the team to San Jose.  I don't see anyone buying the team and not relocating it so the League is gonna own it for a while.

San Jose?
Really NO is better.

Back
Top Bottom