☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

LeBron might not play tonight due to flu-like symptoms. That'll take all the fun away from tonight's game if both he and Wade don't play.

wasn't able to post about the Wiz yesterday, so
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 at that gif. 

BHZ is right, Marc is #3 center in the game, I think "most well rounded" would work better than "best all around" center.  If that makes sense.  I think that's what got Mike goin. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
 at that gif. 

BHZ is right, Marc is #3 center in the game, I think "most well rounded" would work better than "best all around" center.  If that makes sense.  I think that's what got Mike goin. 

nothing wrong with saying he is the 3rd best. but dude said he was the best all around center

I know, I lifted an eyebrow at first too, but he explained it better on this page, and makes more sense about what he was sayin. 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Marc is currently a better shot blocker statistically than Dwight and Bynum. Dwight/Bynum average more boards. Marc averages more assists. Dwight/Bynum are scoring more than Marc currently. They are all superior at those things I listed and that's what make them good. I just don't see how Marc isn't #3 on anybody's list right now. 

Marc is a better shot blocker by .1 blocks per game. Dwight outrebounds him by FIVE rebounds a game. Marc averages .6 assists more a game. None of those things Marc does "better" are more important than Dwight's defensive impact and the offense he does give you. It's easy to say "more" but the numbers behind that is a lot more important.
Call him the third best if you want, and I might not argue, but (and this goes for everything not just with this discussion), saying A > B > C is dumb. Dwight is on his own level and sits alone at the top. Gasol and Bynum can occupy the second tier.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Marc is currently a better shot blocker statistically than Dwight and Bynum. Dwight/Bynum average more boards. Marc averages more assists. Dwight/Bynum are scoring more than Marc currently. They are all superior at those things I listed and that's what make them good. I just don't see how Marc isn't #3 on anybody's list right now. 

Marc is a better shot blocker by .1 blocks per game. Dwight outrebounds him by FIVE rebounds a game. Marc averages .6 assists more a game. None of those things Marc does "better" are more important than Dwight's defensive impact and the offense he does give you. It's easy to say "more" but the numbers behind that is a lot more important.
Call him the third best if you want, and I might not argue, but (and this goes for everything not just with this discussion), saying A > B > C is dumb. Dwight is on his own level and sits alone at the top. Gasol and Bynum can occupy the second tier.

I'm not saying that Marc is on Dwight's level or disputing Dwight is the best center in the league, though. I do think Marc/Bynum may be a little closer to each other. They just have different games. I'm sure if LAL offered Bynum to the Grizz right now for Marc, they wouldn't take it because Marc fits the team better.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

and that was a dumb loss by the thunder.. just figured they could just show up and win

don't want to take anything away from the wizards.. but the thunder played horribly

You are taking it away from the Wizards because their defense was what was stifiling the Thunder. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

and that was a dumb loss by the thunder.. just figured they could just show up and win

don't want to take anything away from the wizards.. but the thunder played horribly

You are taking it away from the Wizards because their defense was what was stifiling the Thunder. 

we lost by 3.. thunder shot 48.1% for the game to the wiz's 38.1

what killed the thunder were the 40 free/extra possessions the wiz got.. they had nineteen offensive rebounds to go with 21 thunder's turnovers

then you got stuff like:
- OKC had 11 assists in the first half and just four in the second

-KD had seven turnovers and just two assists

- Durant was 9-16 early in the fourth quarter. He went just 2-8 down the stretch and hit 2-10 from 3 for the game. And I think he had 15 shots rattle in and out.

- OKC gave up 59 points in the second half. This is the first game the Thunder have allowed 100 points since their last loss, home against Portland.

- then you got dumb stuff like this (look at the time left when he shoots the ball):

just not a good game by the thunder

we lost by 3.. thunder shot 48.1% for the game to the wiz's 38.1

what killed the thunder were the 40 free/extra possessions the wiz got.. they had nineteen offensive rebounds to go with 21 thunder's turnovers

then you got stuff like:
- OKC had 11 assists in the first half and just four in the second

-KD had seven turnovers and just two assists

- Durant was 9-16 early in the fourth quarter. He went just 2-8 down the stretch and hit 2-10 from 3 for the game. And I think he had 15 shots rattle in and out.

- OKC gave up 59 points in the second half. This is the first game the Thunder have allowed 100 points since their last loss, home against Portland.

- then you got dumb stuff like this (look at the time left when he shoots the ball):

just not a good game by the thunder

You're a perimeter team and there is a reason why the shots weren't falling...they were getting hands in the faces and not giving your guys clean looks at the hoop...Wizards defense came up big when it needed to.  More specifically, Nick Young was on KD's $*% for key stretches in the 4th and he was struggling.  Yes, there were brain farts like what Nazr had, but i'm going to give credit where credit is due....Thunder didn't beat themselves....they were outplayed.  No matter what the FG% says. 

You're a perimeter team and there is a reason why the shots weren't falling...they were getting hands in the faces and not giving your guys clean looks at the hoop...Wizards defense came up big when it needed to.  More specifically, Nick Young was on KD's $*% for key stretches in the 4th and he was struggling.  Yes, there were brain farts like what Nazr had, but i'm going to give credit where credit is due....Thunder didn't beat themselves....they were outplayed.  No matter what the FG% says. 
we shot 48.1 %, how weren't shots falling?

and i didn't say the thunder beat themselves.. but if we don't box out and do the little things that allow you to win (take care of the ball AND rebound) then you will lose

my point was simple, we played terribly.. we played like we could just show up and win.. wiz proved that wrong

i was simply criticizing my own team

- if you would like another example of this.. thabo was playing well and was playing good defense on nick young.. our coach decides to put durant on nick young in the second half

we shot 48.1 %, how weren't shots falling?

and i didn't say the thunder beat themselves.. but if we don't box out and do the little things that allow you to win (take care of the ball AND rebound) then you will lose

my point was simple, we played terribly.. we played like we could just show up and win.. wiz proved that wrong

i was simply criticizing my own team

- if you would like another example of this.. thabo was playing well and was playing good defense on nick young.. our coach decides to put durant on nick young in the second half

Tell me what the Thunder shot in the 4th quarter...and there were a few freebies by Westbrook in the final seconds to avoid fouling too. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

Melo, amare, and Chandler all come off the books at the same time

Y'all better watch out.

Seriously tho Chandler has been excellent. Def isn't his fault.
Knicks arent gonna do anything this season, they need to keep that core and land Nash this summer. he will be a year older but dude isnt slowing down. ill put them as easily the best team in the east if they get Nash.

Your dream of K-Love is gunna die too soon CP
glasses.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Charley Walters: Timberwolves likely to offer Kevin Love $60M, four-year deal[/h1]
Pioneer Press

Updated: 01/17/2012 11:42:23 PM CST

Look for the Timberwolves to offer Kevin Love a $60 million, four-year contract extension within the next eight days.

Love, 23, who is playing for $4.6 million this season, can become a restricted free agent after the season unless he signs an extension before Jan. 25. If he opts for free agency, the Wolves would have the right to match any outside offer. Love also can return to Minnesota in 2012-13 for $6.1 million and become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Wolves President David Kahn isn't commenting on contract talks, and Love says he's unaware of the status of negotiations. The Wolves, though, want to get Love signed by next week.

Love, one of five players in NBA history to start a season with 13 double-doubles (points-rebounds), is the Wolves' fifth-highest-paid player.

The 6-foot-10, 250-pound Love is second in the NBA in rebounding with 14.3 a game. He is featured in an entertaining ESPN Sport Science video - tinyurl.com/7yxgr3e - showing him competing against a 5-10, 360-pound sumo wrestler for a rebound.

Love was fitted with 12 electronic sensors to measure the impact of colliding with the sumo wrestler while using a wide stance and body leverage to box him out for a rebound. The video is not only instructive but funny.

"I did it at (ESPN studios) in Los Angeles last summer," Love said Monday. "They wanted me to box out this sumo wrestler, so I said, 'Let's do it.' It was

Advertisement
fun.
"Part of it was made for TV, but some of it was also my ability to box out against guys who aren't 360 pounds, guys who are more in my range of weight. In that regard, I feel I'm very strong."

Love is growing out his hair. Asked if he plans to copy teammate Ricky Rubio's floppy style, Love joked yes. He said they go to the same Uptown Minneapolis salon.

OKC is runnin a clinic on how to get it done. 
30t6p3b.gif

I wanted Russ in LA in 2014. 
tired.gif

Tssssst how in the hell did they get him to do that? Especially in this day and ate where people want every red cent
eek.gif

Smh.

I must admit, the Thunder front office is getting it done. Imagine if our front office would've gave Rudy his $60M and would've saved us $20M. Keeping Arthur and OJ next season would've been much easier.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

OKC is runnin a clinic on how to get it done. 
30t6p3b.gif

I wanted Russ in LA in 2014. 
tired.gif

Tssssst how in the hell did they get him to do that? Especially in this day and ate where people want every red cent
eek.gif
See:  Livingston, Shaun

Great for OKC and Westbrook.

What will be truly amazing is how much they eventually have to pay Harden and Ibaka. If you can really get those two to buy into the team over themselves and take less to all stay together, that would be huge. Harden will command big money, but it will be interesting how much both sides compromise on his value, especially if he stays as the 6th man (where he should stay I think).

I don't know how much this will silence critics who claim there's internal conflicts with OKC, Russ, and Durant, but it should show that all sides are confident enough right now. I've said before, but I'm more concerned about their lack of interior scoring than anything involving Westbrook and Durant.

Back
Top Bottom