☞☞☞☞☞ NT, did you give up on your SPORT DREAMS? ☜☜☜☜☜☜

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

Nope. Still going.

Was a walk on for UMD baseball my freshman yr. Got cut before spring.

PLayed club baseball for UMD the past two seasons. Bat has been exploding. ended last season with .317 and lost in the semi-finals of the World Series.

This fall im trying out again for Varsity UMD and hopefully i'll be back on the squad... new head coach too.

pimp.gif
KEEP WORKING EVERYBODY !!
hey I have a question. whats the difference between club baseball and varsity baseball?

torn ACL, MCL, PCL - basically forced me to forgo sophomore and junior year in high school. ended up focusing on my schoolwork because any shot at ascholarship was gone. never would have went pro or anything crazy, but D2 hockey or baseball was a definite possibility.

I had dreams of playing in the NBA until like 8th or 9th grade when I realized that my skills weren't up to par with that needed to play in the L. I wasdown for a while
laugh.gif

but needless to say I still play ball
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't even want to get started on how much I messed up.

I was doing well up til' my 11th grade year. I had plenty of AAU experience under my belt and played against some great talent. Worked out with assistantcoach in the summertime on some things. Started on the freshman team 9th grade year and rode the pine on varsity (the year we won state).

Take into fact that I played for one of the best teams in the city and we was once ranked in the nation (i believe somewhere in top 60). I think I would'vebeen better off going to an "ok" school and being one of the main guys. The team I was on was so talented and I was focusing also on my academics andother organizations/activities I was involved in as well. After my 10th grade year of playing JV and doing pretty good, I just couldn't crack the startingspot in varsity. I didn't work very hard the summer before my 11th grade year and for my size 5'11, 155 (at the time), I didn't have anything thatmainly stood out other than having a good bball IQ. I wasn't a GREAT athlete. I was quick, but not quicker than some, good handles, great shot.

I just wish I would'veb een 6'5 though.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Nope. Still going.

PLayed club baseball for UMD the past two seasons. Bat has been exploding. ended last season with .317 and lost in the semi-finals of the World Series.

This fall im trying out again for Varsity UMD and hopefully i'll be back on the squad... new head coach too.

pimp.gif
hey I have a question. whats the difference between club baseball and varsity baseball?

It's like highschool and the varsity/jv teams. The Varsity is DI NCAA who you see play on tv and are kids scouted from highschool and given scholarships.Club baseball, are players who werent scouted but still want to play baseball. and is NCBA Every major school has a club baseball team and 80% of them areGOOD. My team made it to the World Series last season down in Fort Myers FL and lost to Colorado State in the semis. Club baseball travels everywhere just likethe DI team and get clothes and all that. They are also scouted by the varsity team. UMD club baseball beat the varsity team in a scrimmage
laugh.gif
. I would sayif we had better overall pitching, we are a better team. If your going to school, definitely tryout for your club team.

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Nope. Still going.

pimp.gif

It's like highschool and the varsity/jv teams. The Varsity is DI NCAA who you see play on tv and are kids scouted from highschool and given scholarships. Club baseball, are players who werent scouted but still want to play baseball. and is NCBA Every major school has a club baseball team and 80% of them are GOOD. My team made it to the World Series last season down in Fort Myers FL and lost to Colorado State in the semis. Club baseball travels everywhere just like the DI team and get clothes and all that. They are also scouted by the varsity team. UMD club baseball beat the varsity team in a scrimmage
laugh.gif
. I would say if we had better overall pitching, we are a better team. If your going to school, definitely tryout for your club team.

o ok fam thanks for the clear up..good luck to you

I played basket ball SF 9-11 grade varsity. I came off the bench my 9th grade year & had 19 points 5 rebounds & 3 assists we lost by 6 butafter dat game i was in the starting line up thru 11 grade...sum colleges sunt me letters to visit there skool but i neva went..In the summer of 11 grade goingto 12 i started slacking off & neva cared after dat, Now i still don't care about playing basketball now i just watch it

Played Football, Basketball, and baseball from birth to 10th grade. I played sun up to sun down with whoever was out that day, small little town in the middleof Cali......My family moved to Oregon after Sophomore year, and I was done. I didn't have it in me to try and play with all these strangers around me.
smh.gif

I doubt I woulda been a pro or anything, but I was a captain on the football team sophomore year, and MVP of my baseball team.......who knows?

But I was one of those that played for the jersey, for my school, for my friends, gave everything i had, to walk in and see all these people I've nevereven met, and be asked to go out there and kill myself for these dudes was too much for my young mind to comprehend. So I let go........

Life goes on......

I was just too lazy. I had a good skill set for someone my age but I didn't want to put in the effort. I tried out for a local AAU team (Gauchos),didn't make the team and just stopped caring about ball anymore. Just focused on academics and turned out pretty well when it came to getting into college.I always wonder what would have happened if I played ball. If I had the chance to go back and re-do it, I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of theopportunity in front of me.

My brother wasted a good opportunity. Played with Gauchos and at Rice High. He just grew disinterested because it was hard to get burn at his school. The coachfor Varsity told him to put in the work and he'd be a shoe in for Vars but he spent his summer playing video games and when the time came to try out hedidn't make the team. He played at a number of camps and knew coaches that probably would have looked out for him at least on the academic end as far asgetting into a school. Now he's going to some crappy D3 university. He plans on transferring to Pitt after his freshman because of his ties to the AthleticDepartment. The worse thing about it is that almost everyone he played with is playing D1 somewhere (UConn, St. Johns, Arizona, Drexel, Albany, Iona just toname a few).

I loved playing basketball, but wasn't committed to doing the extra stuff like conditioning and lifting. I had a good summer leading up to sophomore yearin high school but didn't get much burn during the school year. I was disappointed and decided to just focus on academics because I wasn't that good to begin with.

My family moved to Oregon after Sophomore year, and I was done. I didn't have it in me to try and play with all these strangers around me.
smh.gif

Damn, you really hate Oregon, huh?
laugh.gif

As for me, it pretty much ended after my sophomore year. I wasnt going to the L or anything but I pretty much had any dream taken away from me by injuries. Ionly played basketball and didnt get into football until 10th grade, but it looked like I might have had a better future in that than basketball which was mymain sport. Back then I was 6'2" ~180lbs, athletic.. then I went and tore my acl n strained my mcl, had to miss a ton of time, football was done forme, and lost a lot of speed and hops for basketball (was dunking 9th grade, and then I was barely touching the rim after I got cleared to play), but started toregain by summer, I was almost dunking again.
And then what just put the icing on the cake was tearing my other acl n meniscus the following summer, going into my senior year. I came back for the secondhalf of the basketball season but it was tough. I lost like all confidence in my body and was hardly the same player as before the first injury, much lessbefore the second one which I was recovering from pretty well. It was terrible watching people play ahead of me that my old self was way better than, butbecause of those injuries, it took so much out of my game and I couldnt do anything about it.

Nope, walked on at tOSU for track.. took a quarter off for a family illness.. come spring, I'll be ready
pimp.gif

I use to have basketball ones...but then i realized i was only decent and not above average...reality started to hit me lol...practice becameunfun...basketball became un fun unless its at the gym or something....and i dont even go playing at the gym unless its every once in a while

So im nnot gonna play this year. Im going to focus on track and run XC now since i have a way better chance of getting a scholar in track

Ive thought about all my decisions long and hard before i made them also

im gonna be a junior in HS this year BTW

Back
Top Bottom