♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majority of that stuff is coming from the same connect, for example all those wear test 5s. A certain individual had a lot of them for sale a while back.

Best believe, none of that stuff is coming free.

Majority of that stuff is coming from the same connect, for example all those wear test 5s. A certain individual had a lot of them for sale a while back.

Best believe, none of that stuff is coming free.

Exactly.

Many of these "name brand" collectors definitely lose money on their collections - keeping up with the Joneses and what not. Now, if the love is genuine, and the cash is plentiful, then who cares; just make yourself happy.

But, this thing is a business - what the hell reason would there be for some Nike exec or NBA ball boy to give pairs away to some shoe-perstar. Take a risk, give away and asset, for what - so some dude a bunch of teenagers follow on Instagram can have one more pair, or complete their set of rare samples?

Once you know how the sausage gets made, it's a lot less glamorous. Pretty much anybody who isn't a total moron and who has legit money to toss around can become one of these dudes - don't let anybody convince you that it takes anything other than a willingness to spend a whole lot of money.

This is to take nothing away from any of these dudes. I respect plenty of the dudes to whom these comments apply, and am "sneakerfriends" with several of them. But, there's no magic involved, and there are almost no free gifts.

pics or ducktales
nerd.gif
lol that would go against me saying what Ive said lol

Oh, and while we're at it, MJ does NOT get a pair of every PE, sample, etc. ever released. At one point that was the case, and theoretically he has access to whatever he wants, but this sneaker thing jumped the shark a long time ago. MJ doesn't have every sample version of every public and F/F edition of every numbered Jordan.... nor do I assume he really cares.

I figured he stopped actually taking pairs for himself years ago unless he REALLY likes them :lol:

Otherwise he'd just be filling space with garbage.

Last edited:
Pretty much anybody who isn't a total moron and who has legit money to toss around can become one of these dudes - don't let anybody convince you that it takes anything other than a willingness to spend a whole lot of money.

you know that's why i asked if he had some old gems. i don't care how limited, it's like watching a video of money stacks. i don't like mostly all shoe collection or "review" vids anyway.

Oh, and while we're at it, MJ does NOT get a pair of every PE, sample, etc. ever released. At one point that was the case, and theoretically he has access to whatever he wants, but this sneaker thing jumped the shark a long time ago. MJ doesn't have every sample version of every public and F/F edition of every numbered Jordan.... nor do I assume he really cares.
#FACT bumped into MJ few years back and he was impressed by the BIN IXs, i was like these r his shoes he should have em and so on and the guy he was with confirmed he can give two **!#*6 about owning all pairs at this point. he is basically living like a fat rat right now.

#FACT bumped into MJ few years back and he was impressed by the BIN IXs, i was like these r his shoes he should have em and so on and the guy he was with confirmed he can give two **!#*6 about owning all pairs at this point. he is basically living like a fat rat right now.

I'm not surprised. Their is so much garbage with his name on it. He would probably be offended if he saw a pair of son of mars lows

i'm definitely not saying i wouldn't want what he has or the funds to be able to buy those kinds of shoes. dude must be rich as heck and heck, i wish i were that rich. collecting is a highly individualized thing though. many people want to collect the most limited, no access to the general public, kinda shoes. that kind of thing to me is ehhh. i was like that in the first 4 years or so of collecting. feel like i grew out of that. i remember going to the $c event in hawaii 2005 and gawking at the rare PEs and not being as impressed with the rarer general release stuff. i used to buy lots of stuff cause they were limited and realized that the only reason i liked them was because they were limited. i dunno man, maybe i been doing it for too long but bells and whistles don't impress me as much. i have my connects though and still get some stuff here and there for free or cheap.

Pretty much anybody who isn't a total moron and who has legit money to toss around can become one of these dudes - don't let anybody convince you that it takes anything other than a willingness to spend a whole lot of money.

you know that's why i asked if he had some old gems. i don't care how limited, it's like watching a video of money stacks. i don't like mostly all shoe collection or "review" vids anyway.
Pretty much sums up how I felt after watching it. It wasn't so much about having them, it was more that I wondered how much he paid for them. Props to him, seems like a chill dude. Only pair from his videos that I wish I could get my hands on were the Gtown IVs.

Last edited:
i'm definitely not saying i wouldn't want what he has or the funds to be able to buy those kinds of shoes. dude must be rich as heck and heck, i wish i were that rich. collecting is a highly individualized thing though. many people want to collect the most limited, no access to the general public, kinda shoes. that kind of thing to me is ehhh. i was like that in the first 4 years or so of collecting. feel like i grew out of that. i remember going to the $c event in hawaii 2005 and gawking at the rare PEs and not being as impressed with the rarer general release stuff. i used to buy lots of stuff cause they were limited and realized that the only reason i liked them was because they were limited. i dunno man, maybe i been doing it for too long but bells and whistles don't impress me as much. i have my connects though and still get some stuff here and there for free or cheap.
Exactly.

Exactly.

Many of these "name brand" collectors definitely lose money on their collections - keeping up with the Joneses and what not. Now, if the love is genuine, and the cash is plentiful, then who cares; just make yourself happy.

But, this thing is a business - what the hell reason would there be for some Nike exec or NBA ball boy to give pairs away to some shoe-perstar. Take a risk, give away and asset, for what - so some dude a bunch of teenagers follow on Instagram can have one more pair, or complete their set of rare samples?

Once you know how the sausage gets made, it's a lot less glamorous. Pretty much anybody who isn't a total moron and who has legit money to toss around can become one of these dudes - don't let anybody convince you that it takes anything other than a willingness to spend a whole lot of money.

This is to take nothing away from any of these dudes. I respect plenty of the dudes to whom these comments apply, and am "sneakerfriends" with several of them. But, there's no magic involved, and there are almost no free gifts.

I kinda understand where you coming

I have a friend who's parents are crazy rich and he just really got into sneakers after the whole space jam/cool grey thing and now he has almost every popular sample known to man

people around my way look at him as if he is the man and he doesnt even know the history behind half of the stuff he has! He just goes on ebay and types "nike sample" and buys everything in his size with mommy and daddy's money

for the right price anything can be bought

i can respect a collection from just your average joe working 2 jobs just to supply his love and passion

you can buy a alpha industries flight jacket whenever you want (they're made 24/7)

when i was less savvy back in da day i just had a regular hood flight jacket not

knowing who made da OG ones which were constructed of WAAAY better material and merit da 100 dollar price tag.

i think da cheap 20-30 dollar ones you see everywhere in da hood cheapened da mindset of why people carry a certain stigma when you see people

wearing em...i was always drawn to em because of their utilitarian appeal..bout to get a olive one before da end of november.

these designer brands can kiss my *** if they gonna take something thats already sturdy and competent, sprinkle their little hypebeast fairy dust

bull **** on em, and try to sell em for 400% profit though. **** is like military cargos, it doesn't get better than army surplus when it comes to

quality and price, everyone else is just selling you dreams.
Thats why i laugh when i see these kids spend so much on camo clothing. Most of the time I just use my old BDU's from when I served in the army and I'm good. Plus you can get a lot of camo stuff cheaper at your local army/navy store.

Actually, a lot of those samples are stolen property of Nike Inc. People out in Oregon poach em and a middleman sells them to you. Personally don't see how Nike hasn't nipped it in the bud yet. Although they do care, it doesn't bother them enough to do so.

you can buy a alpha industries flight jacket whenever you want (they're made 24/7)

when i was less savvy back in da day i just had a regular hood flight jacket not

knowing who made da OG ones which were constructed of WAAAY better material and merit da 100 dollar price tag.

i think da cheap 20-30 dollar ones you see everywhere in da hood cheapened da mindset of why people carry a certain stigma when you see people

wearing em...i was always drawn to em because of their utilitarian appeal..bout to get a olive one before da end of november.

these designer brands can kiss my *** if they gonna take something thats already sturdy and competent, sprinkle their little hypebeast fairy dust

bull **** on em, and try to sell em for 400% profit though. **** is like military cargos, it doesn't get better than army surplus when it comes to

quality and price, everyone else is just selling you dreams.
Thats why i laugh when i see these kids spend so much on camo clothing. Most of the time I just use my old BDU's from when I served in the army and I'm good. Plus you can get a lot of camo stuff cheaper at your local army/navy store.

All this is truth. I know they got the OG in black but Im hoping they will do the "re-issue" in black too. Seems like they have every color but black. I might just have to settle but I prefer the cut of the "re issue" to the OG. I hear it is just as warm but not so bulky and has a little more structure to it which I look for in a jacket.

OG:

Re-issue:

Actually, a lot of those samples are stolen property of Nike Inc. People out in Oregon poach em and a middleman sells them to you. Personally don't see how Nike hasn't nipped it in the bud yet. Although they do care, it doesn't bother them enough to do so.

In some aspects it is brand promotion - the existence of these 'super rare' sneakers gets 'sneakerheads/collectors' to buy the other more widely available or not as ultra limited stuff. If you think about it who really has Adidas or Reebok 1 of 1s or samples, does anyone even care to collect those? It's only Nike/JB stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom