♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by loskickking23

Lo is never going out....good quality , simple and clean

I agree it will never go out....but its becoming oversaturated.....don't get me wrong I still wear a few pieces every now and then...just last week I posted in WDYWT with a rugby vest.
But around the dmv...especially with the younger generation you go out and majority of everyone is polo out....but its probably just me because I feel the same way with north faces.

Originally Posted by dimez81

I agree it will never go out....but its becoming oversaturated.....
ok? I agree, that's why my Lo is going to stay in the closet for a few years
but oversaturation isn't why Ed Hardy was wack...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I agree it will never go out....but its becoming oversaturated.....
ok? I agree, that's why my Lo is going to stay in the closet for a few years
but oversaturation isn't why Ed Hardy was wack...
maybe I worded that wrong....I just meant by seeing it everywhere and it become played out....I never liked ed hardy....

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Are you saying that EVERYONE only likes the shoes cause Kanye rocks them?

Nah thats the other guy
Who might that be? 
Let it go son. 

The fact that you're so stuck on this that you keep digging up the past is type lame. 

This sneaker is leading to some WILD questionable dialogue/behavior from dudes in here. 

Nah thats the other guy
Who might that be? 
Let it go son. 

The fact that you're so stuck on this that you keep digging up the past is type lame. 

This sneaker is leading to some WILD questionable dialogue/behavior from dudes in here. 

tumblr_lzvprdGx8u1r9yqfyo1_500.png

Originally Posted by illphillip

Nah thats the other guy
Who might that be? 
Let it go son. 

Didn't even mention your name tho.. 
nerd.gif

(u mad)

Originally Posted by illphillip

Nah thats the other guy
Who might that be? 
Let it go son. 

Didn't even mention your name tho.. 
nerd.gif

(u mad)

30t6p3b.gif
Man, I'm so pissed I +%%!++ up my DMP 6's. My thirst was so high I wore them right on release day after I picked them up, turned into my everyday casual sneaker. I have to find another pair.

I agree it will never go out....but its becoming oversaturated.....don't get me wrong I still wear a few pieces every now and then...just last week I posted in WDYWT with a rugby vest.
But around the dmv...especially with the younger generation you go out and majority of everyone is polo out....but its probably just me because I feel the same way with north faces.
What do you mean?... I don't see kids "LO-ed out" You talking about kids acting the fool flossing some clearance sweaters from Marshalls?

Lo isn't just fashion; it's a culture. The teeny boppers don't count. When I roll around rocking an Aztec sweater those kids don't even know that my sweater without a horse on it shuts down their entire wardrobe x10. You don't see kids walking around with Stadium plates, USA fleeces, Bear Knits, Ski jackets, etc. That's like saying that Nike is played out because the old man who runs the news stand has a pair of Cortez. Or, saying that black Face bubble is the same thing as a Teal TransAnacrtica parka. Most of the "Lo" you see in the WDWT threads and stuff doesn't even count.

those dmp 6s are o clean. im trying not to wear my pair until i get a extra 1. but these pics make me want to wear em so bad

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

What do you mean?... I don't see kids "LO-ed out" You talking about kids acting the fool flossing some clearance sweaters from Marshalls?

Lo isn't just fashion; it's a culture. The teeny boppers don't count. When I roll around rocking an Aztec sweater those kids don't even know that my sweater without a horse on it shuts down their entire wardrobe x10. You don't see kids walking around with Stadium plates, USA fleeces, Bear Knits, Ski jackets, etc. That's like saying that Nike is played out because the old man who runs the news stand has a pair of Cortez. Or, saying that black Face bubble is the same thing as a Teal TransAnacrtica parka. Most of the "Lo" you see in the WDWT threads and stuff doesn't even count.
not around here...these kids ain't doing marshals...they may do h&m... but they spending bread, even on customized polo.....If the spending money on all these shoe release you think they cant spend on an expensive sweater???
I'm mean from head to toe...boots, shirts, jackets, vest....whatever....Im not talking about wdwt...

I was in high school wearing iceberg.....you rhink these kids really can't afford this stuff?

not around here...these kids ain't doing marshals...they may do h&m... but they spending bread, even on customized polo.....If the spending money on all these shoe release you think they cant spend on an expensive sweater???
I'm mean from head to toe...boots, shirts, jackets, vest....whatever....Im not talking about wdwt...

I was in high school wearing iceberg.....you rhink these kids really can't afford this stuff?
Yeah - I rocked them dumb Snoopy sweaters too. But, what I'm saying is even if you go into Macy's and cop an expensive Polo sweater, that still doesn't mean you're doing it, IMO. What makes Lo so great is that it's just like kicks. You have to know the history to know the gems. Sure, you can just walk into a store and buy the most expensive sneaker on the shelf or a super expensive Polo sweater. And, that IS no different than Ed Hardy. ...It's also no different than the sheep in here salivating over these Yeezys or whatever nonsense gets their peach fuzz to stand on end. But, go find a pair of '93 purple High AF1s in your size. Go find a red P-wing sweater in an XL. You gotta hunt, you gotta know your history.

To know this, you have to have lived through it the first time. You have to remember the era when if you didn't have enough stripes, you couldn't rock period because you were a straight mark. You have to remember when buying fresh gear was ill, but boosting fresh gear was even iller. Doing it all WITHOUT spending crazy dough was the hallmark. If you bought a USA fleece for retail, you weren't a baller. You were a sucker. But, half the "celebs" in this thread probably aren't even old enough to remember that era first hand. So, how you gonna expect the cornballs who idolize them to know the rules.

Yeah - I rocked them dumb Snoopy sweaters too. But, what I'm saying is even if you go into Macy's and cop an expensive Polo sweater, that still doesn't mean you're doing it, IMO. What makes Lo so great is that it's just like kicks. You have to know the history to know the gems. Sure, you can just walk into a store and buy the most expensive sneaker on the shelf or a super expensive Polo sweater. And, that IS no different than Ed Hardy. ...It's also no different than the sheep in here salivating over these Yeezys or whatever nonsense gets their peach fuzz to stand on end. But, go find a pair of '93 purple High AF1s in your size. Go find a red P-wing sweater in an XL. You gotta hunt, you gotta know your history.

To know this, you have to have lived through it the first time. You have to remember the era when if you didn't have enough stripes, you couldn't rock period because you were a straight mark. You have to remember when buying fresh gear was ill, but boosting fresh gear was even iller. Doing it all WITHOUT spending crazy dough was the hallmark. If you bought a USA fleece for retail, you weren't a baller. You were a sucker. But, half the "celebs" in this thread probably aren't even old enough to remember that era first hand. So, how you gonna expect the cornballs who idolize them to know the rules.
Naw..i wasnt do the snoop stuff..theyre were being bootleged to much..I was more into bart simspson and stuff like that....But yeah the points you are making are very valid....thats the thing the kids don't know whats what...they just buy whatever...and thats when everyone looks the same.  don't get me wrong it's nice stuff but these pat 2-3 years polo has prob been at a all time high with urban folks.  They rock it like its gucci or something...

BIP my man, don't educate these guys... Let 'em get their 'Yeezys' and 'Galaxys' - just means that we can still find 'affordable' classics.

Remember Perry Ellis,TommyHilfiger,Nautica,Eddie bauer,these are solid brands but their popularity sways espacially with urban youth.Thats a given,like with anything.
 The book "Tanning of America" by Steve Stoute speaks and goes in depth about urban culture,hiphop,brands,corporate america and how each element  all played apart in forcefully changing the scope of things.Very interested,espacially about certain high-end clothing brands.

Originally Posted by Thecoldest343

Remember Perry Ellis,TommyHilfiger,Nautica,Eddie bauer,these are solid brands but their popularity sways espacially with urban youth.Thats a given,like with anything.
 The book "Tanning of America" by Steve Stoute speaks and goes in depth about urban culture,hiphop,brands,corporate america and how each element  all played apart in forcefully changing the scope of things.Very interested,espacially about certain high-end clothing brands.
yeah...I know...its just a difference now then was from the 90's...I feel like we did it with more style
I guess its just a generation thing....

But around the dmv...especially with the younger generation you go out and majority of everyone is polo out....
This is Atlanta
eyes.gif
and True Religion too
indifferent.gif

@BIP Roberts - I see what you're saying and you're right. Being part of any lifestyle requires that the participant know it's history. But these kids at Niketalk ain't up on game like that. They ain't taught to respect the history of what they're doing. It's evident by the way they carry themselves and how they dress. They scream Polo, but they rock it as if they're going to church or a college graduation. Homeboy even mentioned H&M in the same sentence as Lo. They think customizing Polo means doing some "design" work, but that ain't it. Real customization comes from taking gear and rocking it in a unique way.

I see you name dropping classic items and describing how it used to go down. I remember many of those joints and how brothers used to come up on gear with ease. Some of the Gods used to pop tags on USA shirts/sweaters and cross out the American Flag with pilot markers. But a lot of those techniques ain't applicable in this day and age. The pants these kids rock are too tight to be boosting and ain't nobody trying to go to jail over clothes. Those of us who know the time need to educate the youth in our real life areas, not on the internet. I say let these fools be as they are. When they finally come around to know what Aztec and Crossflag sweaters are, they just might buy them from you for double the current rate. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom