2w56rkz.jpg

dpd9ub.png
:lol:

ehdu05.jpg

Adidas Rod Laver
Kanye-West-adidas-originals-rod-laver-vintage-sneakers-shoes.jpg

Last edited:
A few other questions about who qualifies here:

If we're talking "groups" then NWA has to be on the list, even though some of their best successes happened after the group broke up.
If we're talking record label crews, then the Dre, Snoop, Pac era Death Row run deserves a mention.
Would you consider the early days of Rawkus basically a label crew?

imo the nwa family tree wins. you got nwa as a group, then the solo stuff, then the many off shoots (bone thugs, dpgc, d.o.c, aftermath, death row, ruthless). if you add up all the folks in the family tree 2/3 of the west coast is nwa fam.

If we're talking "groups" then NWA has to be on the list, even though some of their best successes happened after the group broke up.
If we're talking record label crews, then the Dre, Snoop, Pac era Death Row run deserves a mention.

imo the nwa family tree wins. you got nwa as a group, then the solo stuff, then the many off shoots (bone thugs, dpgc, d.o.c, aftermath, death row, ruthless). if you add up all the folks in the family tree 2/3 of the west coast is nwa fam.

wasn't the original argument "success"?, they were all getting screwed until Dre left, then maybe Cube for his albums + movies?
I think Wu has the edge on that.

Last edited:

wasn't the original argument "success"?, they were all getting screwed until Dre left, then maybe Cube for his albums + movies?
I think Wu has the edge on that.

i don't know who wins on being successful by their bank statement, but by industry standards (sales) they are up there and by influence they are up there.

nwa- 3 plat albums
dr dre- 2 multi plat, 1 plat album
cube- 5 plat, 1 multi
eazy- 2 multi, 1 plat
ren- 1 plat
the d.o.c.- 1 plat
the game- 1 multi plat album
bone thugs- 3 multi plat, 1 plat
snoop- 3 multi plat, 4 plat
dpg- 1 multi plat
eminem- 5 multi plat
warren g- 1 multi plat
tha eastsidaz- 1 plat

edit:

dont forget pac and 50 are part of the nwa tree too. and del the funky homosapien in cubes cousin so there's a heiro/nwa connection.

and if we are gonna give it to the wu, it would be the same situation as nwa with folks not getting their fair share. rza, power and divine took the lions share in the early days.

Last edited:
And I say MMG is doing better than Roc, Wu, etc. because literally everybody at the forefront of MMG has a chance to have long, commercially successful, relevant careers . . . Roc had alot of dead weight towards the end of their run . . . and Wu . . . alot of those dudes don't/didn't seem to care about "commercial" success.​

You are out of your mind. Even when the Wu dudes didn't care about commercial success, they were massive.

They did tours that MMG is clearly incapable of. Same with RocAFella. Same with Ruff Rydas.

You young dudes are so funny. You think your favorite rappers are larger than life just because they tell you they are. And these dudes can barely sell an album or a ticket. You say MMG is doing better than Roc and Wu because you probably weren't even around to experience Roc and Wu at their height.

Sure, the MMG dudes have a CHANCE to "have long, commercially successful, relevant careers". But Ross is already less relevant than ever. Just put out his worst selling album. Meek did an album that by most accounts was terrible. Wale is struggling for fans. You got cats in here saying Stalley more famous for his sneakers than his music (you could even say the same for Wale).

And you want to compare them to legends. This whole "style over substance" era is terrible.

i dont even follow music but this is all 100% truth/fact

MMG/Rick Ross.... :lol:

Lierally shaking my head at this lost high schoolers opinions. You have MMG whose entire tour was just cancelled partly because of low sales, empty seats were abundant at almost every venue & this kid has the gall to even mention Rocafella & Wu's success in the same sentence? Are you kidding me? Ross can't fill an arena with his whole roster on board. It's one thing to have an opinion about something but it's a total different thing when you wanna rewrite history and make it yours because you're not old enough to realize what exactly went on at the time. Take a seat kid :smh:

Last edited:
You are out of your mind. Even when the Wu dudes didn't care about commercial success, they were massive.
They did tours that MMG is clearly incapable of. Same with RocAFella. Same with Ruff Rydas.
You young dudes are so funny. You think your favorite rappers are larger than life just because they tell you they are. And these dudes can barely sell an album or a ticket. You say MMG is doing better than Roc and Wu because you probably weren't even around to experience Roc and Wu at their height.
Sure, the MMG dudes have a CHANCE to "have long, commercially successful, relevant careers". But Ross is already less relevant than ever. Just put out his worst selling album. Meek did an album that by most accounts was terrible. Wale is struggling for fans. You got cats in here saying Stalley more famous for his sneakers than his music (you could even say the same for Wale).
And you want to compare them to legends. This whole "style over substance" era is terrible.
Agree 100%. The Wu has a following til this day across the globe.  

i swear ever since jay retired he been dressing like everybody else in the game, i remember when this dude used to dictate fashion. or atleast had a role in making a look fly.
This camo ish got to stop that ish dont go with everything as much as cats think it does.

i swear ever since jay retired he been dressing like everybody else in the game, i remember when this dude used to dictate fashion. or atleast had a role in making a look fly.
This camo ish got to stop that ish dont go with everything as much as cats think it does.

My dude, there is truth in what you're saying but Nike/JB are putting out ridiculously loud kicks with colour-blocking that really makes no sense. HOV really has no options when it comes to sporting those ugly joints.

My dude, there is truth in what you're saying but Nike/JB are putting out ridiculously loud kicks with colour-blocking that really makes no sense. HOV really has no options when it comes to sporting those ugly joints.

his stylist can cop some old joints, id pairs, customize pairs or buy from other brands that arent using said color blocking. imo jay would be better off doing "him" whatever that is and stop dressing like dudes 20 years younger than him. its possible to not follow trends and still looking good.

Last edited:
his stylist can cop some old joints, id pairs, customize pairs or buy from other brands that arent using said color blocking. imo jay would be better off doing "him" whatever that is and stop dressing like dudes 20 years younger than him. its possible to not follow trends and still looking good.

I agree wholeheartedly with you man - I'm not condoning HOV's fit at all. Just saying that in the last 2 years, more of Nike's product has been getting louder and there's little to no execution or sense in the colourways.

thats funny jay is rocking these shoes..

i went to the mall last week and saw some chubby asian kid with those on, had some high neon colored sox and matching hat and dude just looked ridiculous...

i wasnt trying to be mean ..i just turned and he was there like a foot away and my first reaction was to start laughing...dude just ignored me 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom