♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da only reason they sold is because stores dyed em black and they started to move.
i owned a pair of dyed 9's....this was more of a brooklyn thing though....never really seen that done in the bronx...
laugh.gif

This happened in the Heights too.
yup, rafa and da flea market had full size runs of em after they stock piles of olive IX's "disappeared " for a couple of weeks...they couldn't even give those olives away when they had em initially.
laugh.gif

soon as they dyed em black, everyone and they mama ended up coppin em.

da only reason they sold is because stores dyed em black and they started to move.
i owned a pair of dyed 9's....this was more of a brooklyn thing though....never really seen that done in the bronx...
laugh.gif

yup, rafa and da flea market had full size runs of em after they stock piles of olive IX's "disappeared " for a couple of weeks...they couldn't even give those olives away when they had em initially.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by icopjordans82

laugh.gif

It def was a bk thing I still have my pair....

o9h3z8.jpg

A bk thing? My uncle gave me a pair of these years back and we're from Cali. I'm in the process of trying to get the black dye out
laugh.gif
. Need some Olives
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

o9h3z8.jpg

A bk thing? My uncle gave me a pair of these years back and we're from Cali. I'm in the process of trying to get the black dye out
laugh.gif
. Need some Olives
pimp.gif

the whole dying your olives black was mainly due to not knowing when the shadow's would release again, IMO
Its def NOT a NYC thing, nor is it regional. I still have my dyed pair.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Son, this spot on Myrtle was ONLY selling olives as customs.  They had the olive dyed black, some of them dyed red, some dyed silver.  Anything besides just the plain olive.  I'm surprised a virgin pair of olives wasn't going for $600 back then after all that. 

Dying the olives were everywhere. We had em in jersey too. A lot of guys were wearing fakes tho. I remember seeing ppl buying all blk 9s in flea markets and off the street in Newark. I need a pair of olives now. But I'm sure if they rerelease they are gonna look terrible. Cheap materials. And extra shiny. They won't hold up like the old joints.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

o9h3z8.jpg
So now dying your Olive 9's black was a NYC thing 
indifferent.gif

Actually if u read the first statement quoted is says STORES started to sell them like that.....then steezy said it was more of a bk thing that STORES sold them like that....that's why I said what I said.....I never said it was a nyc thing to have ur olives dyed blk...Yall dudes need to learn how to read right

I know a few people who dyed olive 9s here in CT. Me personally, I loved the olive color always wanted to rock them with some army pants when I was in high school. Remember them being on sale at my local mom and pops store for 60 bucks and I slept until when I had the money to buy them they shipped them out...smh FAIL

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

That jacket John Wall had on is nice- cant tell what those loud red shoes are (could be Reeboks for all i know, but if yall say theyre "dons", i guess) but what the heck is he thinkin with those peter pan jeans on, his legs probably fell asleep from lack of circulation.
^Nice pic 1978, i see those ghosts and haze highs hangin out too- Sweet!
the first and third pics teekay posted are nice fits

Louis Vuitton Don's if I'm not mistaking..

olive 9's are dope. remind me of a "gucci" colorway.

it would get love similar to the Bordeaux if retroed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom