∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
john-hawkes-e1705686877717.jpg
Btw, this dude is clearly getting scammed right?
I get text messages like that every month from scammers/bot. Sometimes I try to catfish them back and their messages change into Chinese real quick.

I get text messages like that every month from scammers/bot. Sometimes I try to catfish them back and their messages change into Chinese real quick.
Yeah when they text me like they know me I be playing along. Then I ask them when are they gonna give me back the $600 I loaned them.

And get real aggressive about it.

yeah so i went through the episode recap on reddit and the connection to szn 1 is very apparent now. the show runners also confirmed that travis cohle ( the dead
ghost) was mathew mcconaughey’s father. mm says in szn 1 he goes back to alaska to see his dad who has leukemia after the case went sour.

also tuttle is the name of the pedo people in szn 1 and also the name of the people funding the research lab. and of course the spiral sign everywhere

Just now realizing Kali Reis is in this :wow:

She's pretty well known around these parts (Boston/Providence)

cleaning lady in the beginning with the black eye was missing a ring finger and cut off pinky finger

a handprint at the crime scene had the same missing fingers and no dna match from the scientists. they showed a picture of it in episode 2

cleaning lady in the beginning with the black eye was missing a ring finger and cut off pinky finger

a handprint at the crime scene had the same missing fingers and no dna match from the scientists. they showed a picture of it in episode 2
pic of handprint?

Not really feeling this season so far. Love the setting but the story is a little all over the place and the dialogue is not good. Only 6 episodes too which kinda sucks. Really hoping the rest of the season makes it worth it. It doesn’t even really feel like True Detective.

I will add that the personal angles seem underdeveloped, I don't care about fosters "daughter", I don't care about what happened to her ex or even really about the water in the town or anything.

That being said I do care about the mystery of the murder, and the creepy "the thing" element here has me hooked, better than the previous 2 seasons tbh

yeah so i went through the episode recap on reddit and the connection to szn 1 is very apparent now. the show runners also confirmed that travis cohle ( the dead
ghost) was mathew mcconaughey’s father. mm says in szn 1 he goes back to alaska to see his dad who has leukemia after the case went sour.

also tuttle is the name of the pedo people in szn 1 and also the name of the people funding the research lab. and of course the spiral sign everywhere
All I got from this is that Jodie Foster probably let Rust Cohle smash too

Not really feeling this season so far. Love the setting but the story is a little all over the place and the dialogue is not good. Only 6 episodes too which kinda sucks. Really hoping the rest of the season makes it worth it. It doesn’t even really feel like True Detective.

Agree 100% about the dialogue and like Brownstone Brownstone said, all the subplots seem half baked

The "you're asking the wrong question" stuff reminds me of the way they figure things out in National Treasure

I know Navarro's character is supposed to be stoic or whatever, but her performance just comes across as flat and bad to me

And I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but the fan servicey callbacks to the first season don't move me whatsoever

to me some of the characters seem a little forced and on the nose, but i would be lying if i wasn’t cracking up at some of these scenes. chief liz public enemy #1 with a deep hit list wasn’t on my bingo card.

The production seems off when compared to the first season... Like it just all looks cheap. The original creator and director had no involvement with this and it shows. S2 and S3 didn't come close to 1 either, but I still feel they had a better atmosphere and writing/acting.

When I started the first episode it almost looked like an eps of CSI or something, really hammy.

Back
Top Bottom