∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
This might be my go-to response from now on.

95545-James-Bond-K-gif-ok-okay-Skyfa-HKaS.gif

That party scene reminded me a bit of Eyes Wide Shut,without the masks obv 
laugh.gif
. Best episode of the season so far imo.

Last edited:
This season has been good and the last 3 episodes have been great.

Episode 8 will have to be 2 hours long. Still so many unanswered questions.

This season has been good and the last 3 episodes have been great.

Episode 8 will have to be 2 hours long. Still so many unanswered questions.
everyone said the same thing the first season. But it wasn't an hour and many questions were left unanswered 
laugh.gif

The music and suspense of that infiltration scene was top notch to me

Best moment of the show, it was real tension. Engaged me so much more than the shootout

The entire episode had me feeling some nerves which I hadn't experienced since season 1. Heart was pumping for sure

wait so the scene in episode 1 where VV gave Colin the name of the rapist was 11 years ago? :wow:  

Or am i not catching that correctly? I believe he told the real rapist during that prison visit that 11 years ago he killed the wrong guy....

That scene was a flashback, we knew that. I guess his kid is about 10 so yeah, sounds about right.

It's seems I'm in the minority , I like frank the most . Most intresting character and narrative . I think Vince Vaughn's acting has been good ..he's playing a 6'5'' Chicago wise guy with crazy eyes . If you can believe Malcom in the middles dad as a meth lord it shouldn't be to difficult to believe Vince .
Riggins been the worst character by far .

I think Taylor is doing a good job but Paul's character is pretty pointless. Dude could have been cut from the season and the show wouldn't have changed either way

I want to party with Ray 
smokin.gif

I really hope his ending is some kind of closure and peace for him
mean.gif

This **** hurt to hear 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The more Frank dives into a desperate lane the better Vince gets.

I think Taylor's been good...and I've liked him probably the most behind Colin....the way Paul was written is kinda all over the place but Taylor has has his moments.

Ending was so much edge of your seat type stuff. Honestly though, to end up with the exact signed contracts AND to end up with the missing girl.. that's a bit much :lol:

I'm surprised Colin didn't look into a window and see some guy taking off a bird mask.

And that guy was fat with orange hair and at that moment Colin realized THAT was the real rapist

This is like the only place I know of where a majority of the opinions on this **** are positive.

There's way too much going on, too many character inconsistencies, incomplete storylines/characters, unnecessary arcs. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad show...it just isn't a very good one either.

Everything comes off as so ham-fisted and telegraphed. The only real surprise was Ray taking two shots to the chest at the end of episode 2.

That damn shootout came off as so unnecessary. Just felt like they thought they needed something similar to season one's single shot to use as a device to split the season into a before and after...but the fallout from that wasn't even worth it. Next episode we fast forward 66 days (oh, so clever) and they continue with the case.

I've only really been compelled maybe three times this season. Rays shooting, Ray finding out that the man he killed wasn't the right guy, and Paulies scene with his mother. Besides that I've just been on autopilot. I need to watch last episode again.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this episode (what an ending!), but TBH, took me quite a bit of concentration to keep track of the plotlines/details yet again! 
tongue.gif

I don't know my narcotics, but given how much coke & booze he ingested, he sounded rather lucid when he called his wife!  Unless a long time had passed after he destroyed his apartment?  

Dude went on a bender, destroyed his house in a cocaine and booze fueled rage...then calmly called his wife.

You can tell the writing staff changed. You can tell Pizzolatto is a novel kind of guy. I feel like in order to have this all make sense and be streamlined, you need to be in the characters head a lot of the time.

How do you feel about the show, good sir?
wait, you're not the sodium king from the GoT thread, are you? ::nerd: :lol:

I'm just giving you a hard time. the show isn't perfect. but I think it is really, really good at some things -- the cinematography and the whole film noir aspect, for example. other parts are inconsistent but not awful, like the dialogue and the plot.

the characters are great too. do they stack up to woody and mm? probably not, but Ray is close and he's way ahead of 99% of TV characters.

HTTB - if you never watched season 1, do you think your opinion of season 2 would be different?

Am I the only thinking that Ani's sister is a goner? She was using her name to get into the party...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom