∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I think he baits them to his arsenal and then mows em down. They show them chasing him in the preview

The Hour and the Day

Hays and West see a possible connection between the local church and the Purcell crimes. As the detectives search for one suspect and round up another for interrogation, Woodard is targeted by a vigilante group.

Caught up with the episodes. Already enjoying it so much more than Season 2.

I actually really don’t like how much it’s cutting back & forth between time lines. It feels like Pizzolatto is trying to show off how talented he is.

My wife & I keep repeating words & phrases that Dorff’s Roland West says..

Ali is obviously delivering a great performance but Dorff is right there with him. Man Carmen Ejogo is such a babe. She literally illuminates the screen every time she’s on the screen despite the grim nature of the show.

Season 1 of this show was great and scary as hell. The directors did a amazing job, had me watching scenes with a had over my face. Mcconaughey killed his role. Woody was cool.

I'm on season 2 and as soon as I searched it just to see what kinda reviews it got I see a couple articles saying "Reason season 2 sucked" "What went wrong". :lol: So I guess most people didn't like it, Ima keep watching though.

The whole jumping back & forth in time is really starting to annoy me... it was done in season 1 & for me & my wife it’s like watching a magician saw a women in half...

The whole jumping back & forth in time is really starting to annoy me... it was done in season 1 & for me & my wife it’s like watching a magician saw a women in half...
Maybe my memory is off but I dont recall jumping back and forth in time in s1. Not like how they're doing it here.

There was just a time skip to like 20 years later where Rust and Martin were old and washed up and finally solved the case.

Last edited:
Season 1 didn’t jump back & forth this much but there was present time in the show & what happened 17 yes prior.

With Season 3, the show is investigating the same crime in the 80s, 90s, & 2015...

Pizzolatto must be really full of himself... Didn’t he fire the director who helmed he first 2 eps bcs I think he directs the rest. Aren’t we at the halfway point?

If it weren’t for who was cast, this season would be very subpar. Ali & Dorff really overcome the very meh writing.

Yea season 1 wasn't no where near this degree.. was interviews and then it concluded with them in the future

"Or I'm gonna start crying" :rofl:

Felt like they focused a lot more on the 90s period when the case was reopened and I feel thats gonna be more about how they did something off the books yet still didn't really solve the case.

Gummer's performance was good but I dont see the point of any scene with the mom :lol:

Really getting in to Hay's dementia/Alzheimer's.

Native vet about to set it off. Hope the next ep is like S1's one take action scene.

Yea that scene was weird to say the least.. the "or I'm going cry line" and then the kids earring what's going on

Anyone see the image on the reporters laptop in the 2015 timeline for next week's episode? It's an article saying former caps stop alleged serial killer with photos of Rust and Marty.

Doubt that's just an easter egg, so S1 & S3 in the same universe?

Just started it this weekend. Liking it more than S2, not as much as S1. Three episodes in.

If I were to make a long shot, pulling it out my *** bet, I got Wayne's wife as the killer

Roland was speaking the gospel at church
babylawd.png

Wayne's son smashing ol girl doing the doc?
patrice.png

Prosecutor who turned AG reminds me of
Screen-Shot-2015-03-12-at-8.56.53-PM.png

Homie knows some serious dirt

Those Nam flashbacks
damn.png

Bag man came thru and crushed the buildings? Proud Boyz rekt?

Season 1 of this show was great and scary as hell. The directors did a amazing job, had me watching scenes with a had over my face. Mcconaughey killed his role. Woody was cool.

I'm on season 2 and as soon as I searched it just to see what kinda reviews it got I see a couple articles saying "Reason season 2 sucked" "What went wrong". :lol: So I guess most people didn't like it, Ima keep watching though.

Season 2 was just all over the place. Too many storylines.

Near the end with the dead VC whispering to Hays, theres a dead guy in a suit who looked a lot like Roland so I thought he didnt make it to 2015. But in the EP5 preview, Roland is alive and just old in 2015. So who was in the suit whispering along with the dead VC because he really stood out?

I’m really starting to hate this new season. When people use their platform like this to carry out personal grudges what is the other person supposed to do

Back
Top Bottom