∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I read the same thing. I think I also read that the roles were reversed, though. What's wild is it would have worked either way. Both those actors could have pulled off either role. MM was the right choice, though.

I thought it was easily MM who had the better performance until someone pointed out how differently Ali is playing all three ages down to body language and mannerisms. It's pretty amazing when you think about it. That scenbe where he mistakes that young girl for his daughter was amazing. Just watching him the whole time, you can see the moment he loses his sense of place and time and he's just looking for anything familiar to grab onto...then you can almost see him snap back after Roland tries to placate him.

I don't know if I've ever seen dementia acted out so convincingly (although I don't know how many times I payed such close attention to someone acting out dementia).

MM did a great job. The disparity between early Rust Cohle and burned out Rust Cohle is amazing, but a lot of the writing and delivery from both are pretty similar. He did an amazing job showing two sides, but the two sides didn't feel as different as they do with Hays.

I would have to put mm’s performance above anyone. It was great. So versatile.

When he was drugged up was so good
Also, the scene at the end when breaks down in front of woody >

That’s hard to top

:lol: Tommy from Power in S1 Ep4. Never connected that when I started watching Power.

Mahershala this year just like Matthew McConaughey in 2013/2014. Dude had Dallas Buyer's Club, True Detective, Wolf of Wall Street and Interstellar during that two year period. No one was touching him man

Mahershala this year just like Matthew McConaughey in 2013/2014. Dude had Dallas Buyer's Club, True Detective, Wolf of Wall Street and Interstellar during that two year period. No one was touching him man

McConaughey, like Mahershala, had much more than that going on. A lot of indie flicks and the Lincoln sponsorship.

So I’m rewatching with my wife so she can catch up for the finale mañana. Did anyone else notice that the one-eyed man in episode 4 had a dead right eye, while the one-eyed man at Amelia’s book reading had a dead left eye?

Simple overlook or is there more to this? :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Nothing more to that. They are two different guys. Obvious the guy that came to the book viewing was involved somehow in the case. First dead eye guy from 1980 was just a random guy in town that had a dead eye that they found from asking around the liquor store, even mentioned there are many guys that have a dead eye around town.

8D411608-6FEB-4705-9FE3-F1BC15272855.png

So I’m rewatching with my wife so she can catch up for the finale mañana. Did anyone else notice that the one-eyed man in episode 4 had a dead right eye, while the one-eyed man at Amelia’s book reading had a dead left eye?

Simple overlook or is there more to this? :nerd::nerd::nerd:
All black guys with one dead eye look the same to you?
photo.jpg

The guy at the book-signing was Mr. X! Surely they've got a bigger role for him in this than just that scene???

Now Am Found

Wayne struggles to hold on to his memories, and his grip on reality, as the truth behind the Purcell case is finally revealed.

Back
Top Bottom