∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
My finale predictions

- Hays eventually remembers everything, made a deal with the Hoyts to keep his mouth shut or his family would be killed
- Julie escaped and is the one in the car watching old man Hays
- the brother was killed by accident trying to defend his sister when the one eyed black man and the Hoyt daughter initially take Julie
- the mother definitely sold Julie off to the Hoyts but didn’t know the son would be killed

D0Njtk5WsAAmRDp.jpg

Damn just like that they find the room.

All that time and nobody goes there or destroys the place?

Wow so this wasn't anything sinister AT ALL.

Just a yes-man negro, a crazy lady who lost her daughter that drugged the girl.

Killed dude for no reason even though he should've spoke up.

Her mom was ****ed up for accepting that payment. Dad found out the truth and just offed himself.

30 min left and I'm wondering if there's something more dark to the story.

Last edited:
**** the **** Hays marry this ***** for?

She is ****ing cruel for no reason.

So the lawn service boy is the dude they met with his daughter Lucy? He gave Julie HIV maybe?

Oh wait looks like she's alive.

Ok definitely not season 1.. better than season 2, but the leads did the heavy lifting

Also no follow up on the reporter, figured when the son saw the address we'd get the connect to that angle

My finale predictions

- Hays eventually remembers everything, made a deal with the Hoyts to keep his mouth shut or his family would be killed
- Julie escaped and is the one in the car watching old man Hays
- the brother was killed by accident trying to defend his sister when the one eyed black man and the Hoyt daughter initially take Julie
- the mother definitely sold Julie off to the Hoyts but didn’t know the son would be killed

Got half right I guess. I was hoping it was a little more sinister and not exactly spot on like everyone been predicting in this thread and the several podcasts I listen to. Guess this season was more about the two leads instead of the actual crime itself.

Also no follow up on the reporter, figured when the son saw the address we'd get the connect to that angle
My assumption is that we're supposed to expect that. Basically Hays wanted to let this end and give Julie her peace, but the implication is that his son will give the address to the reporter and keep the whole thing going.

Very underwhelming finale. So Julie and Mike had a relationship and a kid and named her Julie. The Nuns faked her death so she can live in peace.

All of a sudden they found the pink room that easy from a abandon mansion 25 years later.

Still don’t know how Amelia died, guess they left us all season thinking her death was a bigger part to the story.

Hayes finds the page about Mike ardoin in Amelias book after he knocks it down.

Yeah, the relationship the Hays/Roland relationship was definitely the real focus of the show, not the actual "crime" itself.

Feel like Roland and the son were aware of the address and what happened.

My assumption is that we're supposed to expect that. Basically Hays wanted to let this end and give Julie her peace, but the implication is that his son will give the address to the reporter and keep the whole thing going.

That’s the way I see it too...To have him specifically stop just before he threw the paper out and then put it in his pocket after glancing over at his dad just laid that out very well...Call back to when his dad told him he used to be a pretty good detective a couple episodes ago...

Back
Top Bottom