∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Difference is that this show is an anthology. Shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad had multiple seasons to flesh out their characters and story arcs. TD has 8 episodes to do that. If done right the results are great; TD S1 and Fargo S1.

There has been entertaining moments in this season but overall mixed to this point.

Last edited:
I'm convinced he's just trolling everyone with those bizarre ads.
laugh.gif
Nicolas Winding Refn directed those ads, right?

laugh.gif

I think the hint of mysticism gave more wiggle room. This inner city drama doesn't extend itself well on camera to such verbose proclamations. When Frank's wife walked in on the dead body and he said "here we are now under the bright lights" I was just like fam this isn't a broadway production lol, who says that? All he had to say was "here we are" and it would've been understood. Too many examples of it just being too much noir. Still entertaining though.
Season 1 in the boondocks was perfect for the pace and dialogue. It really just fit so well

The city dynamic is a huge difference and when you have the struggle writing everything is exposed more

I agree. As someone who loves L.A. crime fiction (Michael Connelly is the man) I think Nic P was way out of his element with the LA setting.

Connelly would have been perfect as a writer for this setting but oh well.

Just caught up to this past Sunday's episode:

:frown:

Even though I saw his demise coming, seeing him laid out got me in my feeling brahs...

:frown: ... :smh:

I thought Paul was gonna be the one who survived out of the 3

Sunday was the first time that I really felt like the dialogue was WAY overboard but the episode was pretty solid overall

as far as a Season 3, this has to happen, I feel like Season 2 will become greater in people's minds as years go on

Last edited:
Nic has said in previous articles that he sees TD going 4 seasons max. We'll see though. Season 3 is a definite though since he's signed with HBO for one more year.

haven't the ratings dropped off really bad for this season? that doesn't bode well for getting some veteran actors in there

last episode was the lowest rated

season 3 is gonna end up with Danny Glover and Mel Gibson as the leads

Last edited:
So anyway... a great episode to build-up to the finale!  

It was cool seeing Paul get out of that mess, but you just had a feeling (I did anyway) that he wasn't gonna survive it... that something was gonna go wrong.  
frown.gif

Poor girl and her baby...

And Jordan's expression when she saw Blake's dead body... hard to read if she was shocked that Frank killed someone or that it was Blake (a possible co-conspirator)? 

haven't seen season 2.

is it worth watching so far ?

probably better off just watching 7 episodes on Sunday then go right in the finale

serious because this season is all over the place but I enjoy it

Season 1 -10/10

Season 2- 7/10

U kno how this season had some really ridiculous scenes???

I think this past episode had the absolute worst:

Simyeon was sitting at the poker table playing texas holdem..by himself..he was also looking at the cards ..folding and placing bets..lmao..that was the dumbest **** I ever seen..no one would ever do that..I mean nobody would ever do that with chips..u could maybe just see the cards but there is no point in using chips if u are by yourself lolll

Back
Top Bottom