☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

What can Hayward realistically fetch at this point? If he ends up opting out after this season, that screws us capwise correct?
We really can't afford to just lose his salary for nothing, especially with Tatum's new contract on the horizon. If he opts out, we almost have to re-sign him to whatever market value is just to keep the salary as an asset so to speak. If we were to just lose him completely, I think we'd have very little cap space, like somewhere around $8M or so, and that's BEFORE figuring out what to do with Kanter, Theis, Wannamaker, and Semi.

As far as what he could fetch right now, I'm not really sure, because any team that trades for him knows he could opt-out too. Kevin Love and Drummond would probably be attainable. Not sure exactly what OKC is doing, but perhaps Steven Adams if we added some other stuff.

Personally I'd be all-in on something involving Myles Turner. Would fit in seamlessly with this team as he'd basically be doing everything Theis does (and more), but in a bigger body. Good defender, and can both rim run and pick and pop. It would need to be something like Turner & Lamb for Hayward, all of our picks for the foreseeable future, and maybe another player or something. I don't even know if the Pacers would do that.

A sign and trade this summer might be the most logical path.

What can Hayward realistically fetch at this point? If he ends up opting out after this season, that screws us capwise correct?
Definitely not 30 mill like he is now. They are really killing this team on the radio… I’m willing to see what is going to happen with him. he just came back from an injury so hopefully his aggressiveness steps up like it was a few months back.

I mean there’s two ways to look at it… He can opt in to make the 34 million which he will never make again In a single season or he can opt out restructure his deal and stick with the Celtics on a long-term lower salary to help the team

This is his best opportunity to get one final big bag, as he’s probably the best unrestricted FA on the market and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Memphis, who isn’t a destination and has a ton of cap space would throw him a big contract. The following summer has a loaded free agent class and he’ll be another year older.

I’d be completely shocked if he doesn’t opt out.

Really confused with Brad's handling of Romeo. Unless he was sick or injured (he wasn't on the report), I don't get how he doesn't see the court in a game like last night. The bench is basically providing nothing on 6-23 shooting and he can't even get in the game? I feel like when he actually has played, he's shown to be aggressive offensively and works on the defensive end.

Javonte and Semi should not be playing over him unless it's absolutely needed to matchup defensively. Although I like the energy he brings, Tremont shouldn't play over him either. Wannamaker has been pretty solid this year, but obviously didn't have it last night.

I feel like what we do with Hayward is also related to Romeo as well. Just don't see how he can develop if Kemba/Smart/Hayward/Jaylen/Jayson are all playing significant minutes in front of him.

Agree on all fronts. Last night would have been a perfect opportunity for Romeo, especially since his outlook in Boston is a lot brighter than Semi/Javonte.

I get the NBA is essentially positionless, but the C's take it too far :lol:

Needs to be some sort of shake up at the wing.

What the status for Kemba and Jaylen tomorrow?

Agree on all fronts. Last night would have been a perfect opportunity for Romeo, especially since his outlook in Boston is a lot brighter than Semi/Javonte.

I get the NBA is essentially positionless, but the C's take it too far :lol:

Needs to be some sort of shake up at the wing.

What the status for Kemba and Jaylen tomorrow?
Nothing yet. Felt like Kemba being out last night was just a precautionary thing. Would be surprised if he didn’t play tomorrow. Not sure about Jaylen though.

Sometimes i dont get brad either. Some things are obvious. I think him and Danny talk a lot…they want to see if the team can gel. Trying to give them more time

this may sound weird..... but i wanna know what Michael Beasley or pau gasol are up to.

wait beas is suspended

Good win tonight. Nice to have the full team and not have to play Wannamaker and Javonte Green major minutes.

See my guy Romeo in garbage time? Really does have a knack for finishing in the lane. Has a lot of confidence.

I need to stop listening to sports radio, but these dudes on the morning show proposed Tatum/Hayward/Timelord/Carsen for KAT and acted like Gorman was an idiot for saying it was too much. :lol:

I need to stop listening to sports radio, but these dudes on the morning show proposed Tatum/Hayward/Timelord/Carsen for KAT and acted like Gorman was an idiot for saying it was too much. :lol:
I'm starting to feel like I don't know what it would take for me to want to trade Tatum at this point. He's still inconsistent at times for sure, but he has every tool you could ask for as far as being a scorer goes (statistically been much better finishing at rim over the last couple months), and he's really become a very good defensive player. And he's 21. And he arguably plays the most valuable position in the league.

No Tatum or Kanter tonight. Probably no Jaylen either.

Tacko recalled from Maine. Not sure if Romeo is in Maine or with the team. Would be a nice opportunity for him tonight if he traveled.

Gonna need 40 from Hayward.

LMAO....

I might sound like a homer but I'd be hesitant to trade Tatum for KAT straight up right now....call me crazy

LMAO....

I might sound like a homer but I'd be hesitant to trade Tatum for KAT straight up right now....call me crazy

I wouldn't disagree. By this point, we pretty much know what KAT is. And that's not a knock on him. I just don't think we've seen Tatum peak and I'd like him to do that here..

I'm also biased against overpaying for bigs, because they tend to break down quicker.

I wouldn't disagree. By this point, we pretty much know what KAT is. And that's not a knock on him. I just don't think we've seen Tatum peak and I'd like him to do that here..

I'm also biased against overpaying for bigs, because they tend to break down quicker.

Agreed...Karl can get buckets but Tatum's age and impact on the defensive end makes me lean towards him. I don't see it as a stretch that Tatum's scoring averages can eventually match what Towns is putting up now either

I'd move Tatum for Giannis or Luka with the quickness. Think I would be really hesitant with anybody else though given his age and what he has shown thus far.

I'd move Tatum for Giannis or Luka with the quickness. Think I would be really hesitant with anybody else though given his age and what he has shown thus far.

Yup this is where I'm at as well. Luka and Greek the only guys that are no brainers

Kemba is such an unbelievable breath of fresh air. He’s everything I thought he’d be for this team and more.

You can tell that he’s not only OK with The Jays beginning to take the reins of this team but he actually wants it. He’s perfectly fine with taking a bit of a step back himself for the greater good of the team. That wasn’t the case with Kyrie and was never going to be.

Back
Top Bottom