☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

I would do Theis/Romeo/picks for Capela in a second. I think he's the only "big trade" that Ainge would have his eye on.

If Romeo isn't involved in a trade for Capela, I don't think he (or Grant) are getting moved for a bench guy. I also think Semi will be kept around because he has relative success guarding Giannis and has actually been pretty solid this year.

With that said, I think anything we do will be Porier and/or Javonte (for salary matching) + draft pick. Will be for some kind of bench shooter/scorer that is on a small contract. Maybe someone like Alec Burks.

Would love to have him, but unless you give up Kanter or Theis, which I wouldn't really want to do for him, you'd have to trade Romeo + Carsen + Green and whatever picks. Tough to do 3 for 1.

Plus I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to re-sign Bertans this summer, so losing Langford for that would be pretty dumb, IMO.

He started off as a writer for ESPN. He's deaf in one ear, so he tends to talk out of the side of his mouth closer to the ear that still has hearing. I think it's pretty remarkable what he's accomplished in life given his disability.
So we just throwing anybody on TV now? Imo He needs to do some more work before he gets on tv it looks terrible.

So we just throwing anybody on TV now? Imo He needs to do some more work before he gets on tv it looks terrible.

Nah, you're terrible, for criticizing a dude with a disability, and then doubling down on it by saying he needs to "do some more work". The guy has been covering the Celtics for the past 11 years. He knows the organization as well as anyone.

Nah, you're terrible, for criticizing a dude with a disability, and then doubling down on it by saying he needs to "do some more work". The guy has been covering the Celtics for the past 11 years. He knows the organization as well as anyone.
So just because he knows the organization and has been covering the team he deserves that job?TV is about presentation buddy… i’m not saying that he should never get the job… But He needs to work on himself more. you know how many actors and actresses out there who have the SAME disability as him and you wouldn’t even know it because they worked through it? He got the job because he knows somebody. The kid LEGIT cannot speak i dont want to see him on tv

This almost sounds personal. :lol:

What exactly is your beef with him?

Are we really faulting the man because he displays some very minor symptoms of a genetic disability? You're saying he can "work through it" like it's shedding some pounds at the gym. C'mon now.

Even if he had a significant speech problem, we shouldn't even be going there. He seems like an energetic dude who likes what he does and he's good at it. I wouldn't even care if the man required a translator.

So just because he knows the organization and has been covering the team he deserves that job?TV is about presentation buddy… i’m not saying that he should never get the job… But He needs to work on himself more. you know how many actors and actresses out there who have the SAME disability as him and you wouldn’t even know it because they worked through it? He got the job because he knows somebody. The kid LEGIT cannot speak i dont want to see him on tv

Oh yeah? Like who? Name said actors and actresses who were born deaf in one ear and have worked through it. Let's see.

Also, if you don't want him on TV, go write NBC Sports Boston and ***** about him over there. Complaining about it on a message board about shoes isn't going to accomplish ****, other than making you look like an *******.

Oh yeah? Like who? Name said actors and actresses who were born deaf in one ear and have worked through it. Let's see.

Also, if you don't want him on TV, go write NBC Sports Boston and ***** about him over there. Complaining about it on a message board about shoes isn't going to accomplish ****, other than making you look like an *******.
Why dont you google it. Looks like your disability is losing your cool. Why dont you go outside and shoot some hoops or since your from Canada..shoot some puck.

Why dont you google it. Looks like your disability is losing your cool. Why dont you go outside and shoot some hoops or since your from Canada..shoot some puck.

Lol. That's what I thought - you don't know of any deaf actors or actresses. Very ironic that the thing about Forsberg which bothers you is actually similar to what you're doing right now. Main difference is that Forsberg talks out of one side of his mouth, while you just talk out of your ***. We're done here.

Lol. That's what I thought - you don't know of any deaf actors or actresses. Very ironic that the thing about Forsberg which bothers you is actually similar to what you're doing right now. Main difference is that Forsberg talks out of one side of his mouth, while you just talk out of your ***. We're done here.
Even If I start dropping names you’re not going to shut up so why does it matter… Why don’t you do the research yourself and Google it. you talking about the Celtic saying “we” this “we” that. We nothing.. you’re not even from Boston.

Hey somebody check on this dude I never heard of Canadian speak like this I thought y’all were nice up there. Dude over here losing it

Anyways....

Windhorst was saying earlier he thinks Theis or Kanter, Poirier, Langford and a pick would fetch Capela.
Yeah I’ve had to listen to mazz poop all over Cappela all day I don’t even think he knows who he is or what hes about

Even If I start dropping names you’re not going to shut up so why does it matter… Why don’t you do the research yourself and Google it. you talking about the Celtic saying “we” this “we” that. We nothing.. you’re not even from Boston.

So you have to be from Boston to be a Celtics fan? :rofl:Another tremendous display of ignorance. Congrats!!! You're on a roll. I'd love to continue this battle of wits with you, but you're obviously unarmed. Hitting the ignore button on you because you're terrible.

Anyways, back on topic - I hate to part with Langford, since I don't really think Capela is that much of an upgrade over Kanter/Theis, and is basically the same type of player we hope Williams to develop into. However, Capela's contract is very tradeable in case Danny decides to go big game hunting again this summer.

Bertans is intriguing even though he's just a rental. Would be fine giving up a pick for him since we don't need 3 rookies on the roster next year.

So you have to be from Boston to be a Celtics fan? :rofl:Another tremendous display of ignorance. Congrats!!! You're on a roll. I'd love to continue this battle of wits with you, but you're obviously unarmed. Hitting the ignore button on you because you're terrible.

Anyways, back on topic - I hate to part with Langford, since I don't really think Capela is that much of an upgrade over Kanter/Theis, and is basically the same type of player we hope Williams to develop into. However, Capela's contract is very tradeable in case Danny decides to go big game hunting again this summer.
Oh my God you thought this was a battle of wits? I’m so sorry… I thought you said you were done here like a few post back. Am I going to hear that again or?
Yes you do have to be from Boston to be a Boston fan...it’s a little different over here pal.That’s something that you will never understand. Born and raise in the 617 and even I don’t say “we”. you not on the team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom