☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Really? Their career numbers are pretty much identical. Not bad considering IT isn't even a true 1.
"A heartbeat" might be a little much, but I do think Conley is a better overall player than IT. I'd obviously take IT and his contract over Conley at this point though...

We're a better team with him.

I fully expect us to win 50+ games and compete for the 2nd seed in the East next season.

Doesn't really move the championship needle much. We're still ways away from competing with CLE and GSW, but it's step in the right direction and I trust our front office.

I do like chances of being a top 4 seed this season, but this can't be it for the offseason. Wondering what else Danny can do to get a big time player, short of shipping the farm.

I do like chances of being a top 4 seed this season, but this can't be it for the offseason. Wondering what else Danny can do to get a big time player, short of shipping the farm.
Don't think it would be intelligent to go after a big time player at this point with what GSW has done. Them and the Cavs are the clear favorites for the next few years. We might as well hold onto our BKN picks and hope that we can get a franchise player out of at least one of them and build for the future.

The Nets GM is doing smart moves this summer. They are still lottery bound, but maybe not a top 3 pick scenario.

The Nets GM is doing smart moves this summer. They are still lottery bound, but maybe not a top 3 pick scenario.

I like the Jeremy Lin and Tyler Johnson signings but they also lost Thad Young

I see them more or less the same maybe slightly better

Marginal improvements at best. They are also the front runners for Crabbe.

A better question would be if the rest of the bottom of the league got better or worse.

Bulls got better
Wizards are probably going to regress this year
Hornets lost a ton of rotation players
Orlando doesn't know what it's doing
Bucks are still N/A and have to make some moves
Sixers have graduated from the Dleague and have actual NBA players that are not 7feet tall
Knicks got better

The only team that I can realistically do worse than the Nets are the Sixers in that group unless the Wizards call it quits like the Knicks last year.

From the West, I can see the Kings and Nuggets blowing up their team and tanking this year.

I guess you guys are still in good position.

Why do you think the Wizards would regress? Injuries killed them last year and they were still .500. I don't quite see why they would be worse? They have one of the best backcourts in the NBA when healthy, another year of development for Porter, a full year for Markieff and a solid big man in Gortat.

True about the injuries.

But that team has no direction, they failed to make any significant moves to bring them a step closer to contention. Gortat is 32 and will slow down.

Fans and management will loose patience with this team and especially with the coach, I do believe that if they start the season slow, coach will get fired.

Is it safe to say that John Wall and Beal are what they are? We won't see any significant improvements from either of them.

What would their lineup look like?

Wall/ Burke
Beal/ Allan Anderson
Porter/ Oubre
Morris/ Gooden
Gortat/ Nicholson/ Hickson

Teams that look better on paper:

Cavs
Toronto
Boston
Atlanta
Chicago
Detroit
Indiana
Milwaukee (they have trade chips to improve the team)

That's 8 teams that on paper are better than the Wizards with the Knicks being a tie. What sucks is that the Wizards don't really have much room for improvement. They are tied up with what they got, at least for this year. It just feels like they will be competing for the 8th see looking from the outside and hoping to get lucky. That's the worst spot to be in basketball.

Maybe they haven't regressed from a player's perspective, but it just feels like it will be uninspired basketball.

You are aware that they just signed Scotty Brooks as their coach, right?

Oh wow that totally slipped my mind. But that still puts them competing for 8th spot against Milwaukee and NYC.

Yes! Boston lacks two things. 3pt shooting and post presence. We need someone who can shot block, defend and rebound. Hopefully Zizic can develop into that ASAP.

From what I've read, it seems like he doesn't really have much on offense right now, but he has a really high motor and can defend. Good enough for a 7 ft 19 year old.

Word up, word up. :smile:

We're a better team with him.

I fully expect us to win 50+ games and compete for the 2nd seed in the East next season.

Doesn't really move the championship needle much. We're still ways away from competing with CLE and GSW, but it's step in the right direction and I trust our front office.

Yeah man i really really hope so but do you think we can have a better record than Toronto? I'm thinking 3rd seed the highest. Pacers look scary too.

I really wish you guys took our offer so the Sixers would draft Dunn. :smh:

I really wish you guys took our offer so the Sixers would draft Dunn. :smh:

I mean, what was the offer? Noel and late firsts for 3?

I really like Noel and think he will be a force defensively and DPOY level player in his prime but I can see why we turned it down. We don't even have space on the team for two of our rookies (ZiZic, Yabadodjdoao whatever) so those firsts would pretty much be useless. So it's Brown vs Noel, I can see why Danny turned it down if he likes Brown better as a prospect. Plus Noel is due for a huge contract next offseason

Man there were rumours all around for Either Noel or Oak + others. To be quite honest, Oak as a prospect is way more attractive than Brown. I think it was partly due to the Celtics trying to get the best possible deal, maybe even asking for too much.

And you do have a point with the contract extension.

I'm really interested to see what becomes of Brown
laugh.gif

I'm really interested to see what becomes of Brown :lol:
In the summer league thread, someone was using prime Gerald Wallace as a best case comp for Justise Winslow. I think that would be pretty good for Brown too. I just have no idea with him either. He's a solid defender now, but he's like 4 years away offensively :lol:

Some random Joe Schmoe on Twitter is trolling Celtics fans across the country right now

Back
Top Bottom