☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

I’m really sick of the medias excuse in that they have so much talent and haven’t figured out how to all play together yet. The 2008 Celtics figured it out. Kyrie needs to simmer down a bit too with his mouth..kind of looks like an idiot.

Difference between 2008 is that you really only had 3 egos. This team has more dudes who want to be ball dominant which alters the chemistry.

I catch your drift though. They've had more than enough time to determine roles and play team ball.

Difference between 2008 is that you really only had 3 egos. This team has more dudes who want to be ball dominant which alters the chemistry.

I catch your drift though. They've had more than enough time to determine roles and play team ball.

Agreed. Ray, KG, Pierce all had their personal accolades accomplished already, so it was easy for them to sacrifice for the good of the team. This 2019 team is filled with so much youth, all still on their rookie deals. It's easy for fans to say "Hey, just win ball games. Who cares about stats?", but these guys all got a taste of the spotlight last year. It's hard to dial it back, especially when you think you're just as good, if not better, then the guy playing ahead of you.

Truly not worried about the team until playoff time. The chatter and dumb losses are definitely annoying, but I just keep trying to focus on the bigger picture. Let's see what Hayward looks like when April rolls around. Once it's playoff time and the rotation is shortened/tightened, I think we'll be good. Kyrie/Horford/Tatum all at like 35 MPG. Kyrie is going to deliver, just basically need another 3 solid-to-good peformances out of Horford/Tatum/Hayward/Brown/Morris. Any scoring coming out of Smart and Rozier is a plus. Baynes provides solid big man minutes too when Horford isn't out there.

Hate to agree with him, but I do.

Before the season the sentiment went from, this team can reach the Finals and maybe win it all, to, we need AD at all costs. Nah, I'm not down with that. I definitely don't want to see the Jays leave.

Trading either Jaylen or Jayson for AD is fools gold, AD to me just isn’t worth it. The team is good enough as is, I just can’t see AD making them better, or at least that much better.

AD is 25 years old and is averaging 29 and 13. The kid hasn't even reached his prime yet. You make a trade for that caliber of player whenever you have a chance. I like Tatum and Brown, but AD is the superior player by far. If there's anyone who I would be sad to see traded, it's Smart.

As for Kyrie - his comments were taken out of context, but he did leave the door open for him to leave. Would love for him to stay, but let's be real - playing for his favorite team alongside his buddies, KD and AD, or stay in Boston to play with Tatum, Horford and a broken Hayward? Not a tough choice to make.

Trading either Jaylen or Jayson for AD is fools gold, AD to me just isn’t worth it. The team is good enough as is, I just can’t see AD making them better, or at least that much better.

If we miraculously ended up with Kyrie and AD, I think we'd be able to attract some good role players and ring chasers willing to sign for less on short deals to fill the roster out.

For RIGHT NOW, LA makes the most sense for AD's camp. He gets out of New Orleans and can actually play meaningful basketball alongside Rich Paul's biggest client.

I do think this changes if he's still in New Orleans after the deadline though. If we have the ability to get both Kyrie and AD in the fold for next season and can make a finals run and maybe even win it all, is AD really going to leave that in order to go play with 36 year old Bron in LA? I find that pretty hard to believe.

D98tg9DU8AADhhP.jpg

What has Kanter said thus far to sour you? :lol:
Hes just always talked a big game on other teams.. Now hes acting like hes the man because he took kyries number and autographing his name over kyries name. Every chance he gets hes on the news talking about it. Like..dude theres no beef..just stop trying to create a buzz. People in boston will love you..if you work hard..just quit the bs.

Yeah. They tried to play him C too much and he didn't really fit to that role and wasn't that good at posting up either… even against smaller guys.

You're going to miss him when other teams are spamming pick and rolls all day on Kanter. Al is one of the rare big men out there who can switch onto smaller players.

Just bought Kyrie Mr Krabs and a Patrick might be on the way. Am I no longer a Celtics fan?

Need JT to up his game and him to get a sig shoes smh.

Back
Top Bottom