OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Oh that’s why United fans are so pissed.

Cause they’re the only team to win the treble.

Should have done a better job the last 10 years to try to stop City.

Can’t cry now.

FwW7gKYXgAMUWlw

Although this performance sucked, we were one leg of footy from being big favorites to repeat. You can’t win the CL every season. So overall I’m proud of this squad for getting to another semi.

When you look at RM’s starting outfield today, we can realistically look back one day and say zero players were in their prime. Compare that to the threepeat squad with a whole group at the peak of their powers.

You could also imagine the midseason World Cup didn’t help Modric and Benz fend off Father Time.

We’ll be back. But right now it’s looking like City’s time.

Tn is probably the official end of Kroos and Modric and no shame in that respect to the legends but time gets to everyone

Seems like next season will be their last. So possibly a transitional one where their game time gets phased out as the season progresses. Could imagine Kroos could still start with the right pieces around him in the CL, and Modric could be a super sub.

They definitely can’t be starting CL KOs together after this season though. And it’s only right the young guys get their shot.

City win the CL, Haaland is the B'Dor fav right?

Thought no chance Messi wouldn't win after winning the WC but the season the :emoji_robot: is having matched with the biggest club prize might be too strong of a case.

Kroos/Modric definitely have a year or two left in them but asking them to chase the ball against City 2 times in a week at the tail end of a long season is laughable.

Seems like next season will be their last. So possibly a transitional one where their game time gets phased out as the season progresses. Could imagine Kroos could still start with the right pieces around him in the CL, and Modric could be a super sub.

They definitely can’t be starting CL KOs together after this season though. And it’s only right the young guys get their shot.
I think the way Real played today was strictly down to the fact that Kroos and Modric cannot press together anymore for a full match and Carlo made the practical decision to sit deep and play for the counter. It’s fair to say then don’t start both of them or either of them if you gotta do that but i don’t blame Carlo for leaning on experience especially those two in a game of this magnitude I would’ve done the same. But there was a clear difference in what Real was able to do once he started taking them off and some youth was out there in midfield. Real perfectly set up to transition to another great midfield with the guys they got and Jude coming.
City win the CL, Haaland is the B'Dor fav right?

Thought no chance Messi wouldn't win after winning the WC but the season the :emoji_robot: is having matched with the biggest club prize might be too strong of a case.
If and only if we win it all the Balon Dor is Haalands. Only thing that could trump winning the world cup and the golden ball which normally is a shoe in for the Balon Dor is the season he’s having combined with winning it all.
Thought Bernardo was done at City when he was playing LB.

Two goal tho.
Bernardo is genuinely one of the most professional footballers I’ve ever seen in my life.

There was a point in this season I questioned his commitment and was wondering if him hating living in England was finally affecting his performances but I’m so glad I was wrong. This man will do whatever the club needs no matter where Pep asks him to play. LB, CM, on the wing, double pivot with Rodri he gives a 100%

Last edited:
Although this performance sucked, we were one leg of footy from being big favorites to repeat. You can’t win the CL every season. So overall I’m proud of this squad for getting to another semi.

When you look at RM’s starting outfield today, we can realistically look back one day and say zero players were in their prime. Compare that to the threepeat squad with a whole group at the peak of their powers.

You could also imagine the midseason World Cup didn’t help Modric and Benz fend off Father Time.

We’ll be back. But right now it’s looking like City’s time.
this was gonna be my response to your gripes about the tactics. you aren’t wrong but this is one hell of a squad. i don’t see making a switch or 2 changing too much against them. they got rid of cancelo and started flourishing to full potential.

Bernardo is genuinely one of the most professional footballers I’ve ever seen in my life.

There was a point in this season I questioned his commitment and was wondering if him hating living in England was finally affecting his performances but I’m so glad I was wrong. This man will do whatever the club needs no matter where Pep asks him to play. LB, CM, on the wing with double pivot with Rodri he gives a 100%

Yea. Great professional.

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20230516_173829.jpg

My good luck flag !!!!
Speaking of luck time for me to retire my lucky midweek shirt now that the big midweek matches are done. Every midweek match I wore this shirt we were undefeated (should’ve worn it for The league cup match against southampton smh) only draw being last week. Tried to use the juju on the weekend once that was Spurs away… never again :lol:

But midweek undefeated :pimp:
57CCFD90-3D8D-4646-9881-EBE22E7FD86E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom