OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Maguire def needed his own category of awful. Like a James Corden tier or something.

Also, perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn’t Maguire decent for Leicester and initially for United as well? Then proceeded to only regress further and further.
He was okay for Leicester, but United was clearly getting fleeced at the time. Hell, heggsy heggsy was in here laughing it up when the rumors came about regarding their interest because the amount that was floating around did not make any sense for Maguire at all.

Maguire def needed his own category of awful. Like a James Corden tier or something.

Also, perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn’t Maguire decent for Leicester and initially for United as well? Then proceeded to only regress further and further.
I’ll never forget I was watching an arsenal/hull game with my friend and harry got subbed on. Probably like 2016/17. We both joked about how he looks like a doofus and then 10 minutes later about how bad he was. My boy was saying if maguire can make it then if he was born in England he would have been pro (played college soccer). fast forward a few years and he gets the transfer to Man U I was like wow maybe I was wrong, and he proved me wrong. but turns out I was right :lol:

He was okay for Leicester, but United was clearly getting fleeced at the time. Hell, heggsy heggsy was in here laughing it up when the rumors came about regarding their interest because the amount that was floating around did not make any sense for Maguire at all.
I remember viewing him as pretty good at Leicester, but obviously not the absurd 80m
Even for an English tax, that was rightfully mocked.

Given how utterly woeful he’s been for United the last few seasons, while still regressing further, I started doubting my past memories of considering him a good player at Leicester and initially for United. After you guys’ replies and some googling, it seems many feel the same about his time at Leicester and initially at United before going straight downhill into an abyss.

It really fascinates me how in a relatively short time, he went from at worst a decent defender to a genuine liability and still continues to regress

let me take you down memory lane. sort by top comments and enjoy the laughs courtesy of united fans after his first united match. so much hope and optimism

Last edited:
let me take you down memory lane. enjoy the laughs courtesy of united fans after his first united match. so much hope and optimism

I don’t remember when the steep regression started but yeah I’m pretty sure his performances satisfied United fans for a while. As far as I recall, it was just the pricetag that was controversial and mocked from the start.

I find cases like Maguire very fascinating. There was or perhaps still is an alright player in there, but I’ve never seen a decline like this. It’s not like he had to adapt to a new country/language or anything.

Physically he should still have roughly the same capabilities he had at Leicester. So I assume it’s all mental and the issue is that he can’t separate whatever issues he has from his performances. In turn, the constant critiques, mockery, possibly threats, stemming from his performances only aggravate the issue.

Anthony Taylor & the Var really gonna face no consequences

I watch la Liga & epl weekly and the refereeing is terrible most of the time, and it's the same guys every year.

:lol: at thread title and im off too. Ima black out. Might turn to a classic. This page finna jump 7 pages

another Dortmund youngster to keep an eye on. probably gonna go for big money in a couple years. he's played really well to start the year

Oh absolutely.

1660654514158.png

The way Tchouameni looked over the weekend, they're not selling Casemiro even for 100m :lol:

Doubt he'd leave either

Very Monchi signing

If Vardy rocks up in a United shirt, I will be sick.

Interesting recruitment policy though, replace a 37 year old ageing striker, with a 36 year old ageing striker.
Been linked with like 8 different strikers this last few weeks :lol:

Don't think anyone knows anything, the Cunha links came right out of the blue

Since United is peak Banter FC right now. Way worse than Arsenal Banter FC days - It really sucks we don’t have an outlet to watch all the reactions like AFTV had given us. So many classics.

However, this YouTube guy is trying to mash it them all up. :lol:

United is going to have to worry about relegation all year long. Every week in da prem you’re playing a really good team. No easy games in the league anymore , they’ve already just lost to easily to Brentford and Brighton. The culture of the club is so toxic, guys look confused and like no one wants to be there.

It’s not good.

Back
Top Bottom