⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s wrong is the notion that South American qualifiers are a cake walk. Again, every South American nation plays each other twice during World Cup qualifiers. France, meanwhile, had to play Ukraine, Finland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Kazakhstan to qualify. You don’t see the irony there?

He’s also wrong with the notion that South American football is less developed when every big European club, including his own, features stars from Argentina and Brazil.

Yea but 5 out of 10 nations make the WC out of your group.

Only 1 makes it out of European group.

There is way more room for error in South America.

Yea but 5 out of 10 nations make the WC out of your group.

Only 1 makes it out of European group.

There is way more room for error in South America.

You’re failing to mention how the second placed team in a European group gets a second chance via playoff. So how is 8 matches against fringe nations with the possibility of a playoff in case you stumble more difficult than 18 matches against every other country in your continent?

You’re failing to mention how the second placed team in a European group gets a second chance via playoff. So how is 8 matches against fringe nations with the possibility of a playoff in case you stumble more difficult than 18 matches against every other country in your continent?

And some don’t make it during a playoff.

You know damn well at least 1 big European club misses out on the World Cup every 4 years. This time it happens to be Italy (which you know doesn’t make any god damn sense).

I’d rather be in South America where I can lose 6-7 games and still make the WC. Than be damn near perfect in European qualifiers.

Mou’s Roma is up on Feyenoord in the Conference league final due to a Zaniolo poaching stab

1-0

And some don’t make it during a playoff.

You know damn well at least 1 big European club misses out on the World Cup every 4 years. This time it happens to be Italy (which you know doesn’t make any god damn sense).

I’d rather be in South America where I can lose 6-7 games and still make the WC. Than be damn near perfect in European qualifiers.

Fair enough but Mbappe said that we’re not playing “top games” in qualifiers. That’s not true when Argentina has to play Brazil twice, Uruguay twice, Colombia twice, etc. Do European nations have less margin for error? Sure, but don’t try to tell me it’s a tougher road when you can be in after a mere 8 matches and the nations in the top pot never play each other.

Fair enough but Mbappe said that we’re not playing “top games” in qualifiers. That’s not true when Argentina has to play Brazil twice, Uruguay twice, Colombia twice, etc. Do European nations have less margin for error? Sure, but don’t try to tell me it’s a tougher road when you can be in after a mere 8 matches and the nations in the top pot never play each other.

I get that but what I think Mbappe meant was that Europe has so many top teams that they tend play a variety of good but very different teams. They keep each other sharp. You know what I mean?

So it then becomes easier for a top European team to win the WC because they play against a different variety of teams every cycle. I really do think that’s all he’s saying.

And thats why in my initial post I said it could be elitism, but hombre is claiming it's 'French racism" when it had nothing to do with the conversation @DripNick and I were having. We discussed racism in France towards its minority occupants. HNL HI HNL HI claimed a black French man is being racist towards 2 countries cause he said in his opinion the football wasn't comparable. One of which team is predominantly black people. Do you see how absurd that sounds?

In NY a white guy traveled hundreds of miles to a predominantly black neighborhood, stalk the citizens and murder them in mass because they are black due to his racist ideology , but somehow discussing the quality of football in other country is on par cause couple feelings are hurt that you don't think their team is nice.

not sure why you brought up Mbappe being black when it had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

again this is all problematic because he's helping enforce stereotypes that go unchecked throughout the sport all the time.

do I think Mbappe is racist? of course not but their rhetoric can be passed along which is evident here.

you mentioned two countries in multiple posts when his comments are more towards the entire continent. it's not the same as if he had said I don't think Argentina is as good cause we beat them in the last WC.

not sure why you brought up Mbappe being black when it had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

again this is all problematic because he's helping enforce stereotypes that go unchecked throughout the sport all the time.

do I think Mbappe is racist? of course not but their rhetoric can be passed along which is evident here.

you mentioned two countries in multiple posts when his comments are more towards the entire continent. it's not the same as if he had said I don't think Argentina is as good cause we beat them in the last WC.
Now you're just being daft. I won't waste any more words with you.

giphy.webp

Anyways, I always thought COMNEBOL and CONCACAF should merge.

So if we add a bunch of fringe nations and switch to a European group format with less matches, would it create the perception that our qualifiers are more difficult when in reality we’re just watering down the competition?

tomdiginson tomdiginson since you love random comparisons.

last night during the western conference finals on TNT, Charles Barkley kept referring to dirty *** san fransicso.

is this racist? doesn't seem so.

hmm, let's think about where I heard this before, oh the 45th president used to say this all the time.

oh wait that's the president of the US, surely by your logic it's ok cause it's his own country.

do I think Barkley is racist? no but again what's the point of using their rhetoric?

So if we add a bunch of fringe nations and switch to a European group format with less matches, would it create the perception that our qualifiers are more difficult when in reality we’re just watering down the competition?

Nope.

I just want to see the United States and Mexico miss the World Cup more often.

They don’t deserve to be in the WC so easily all the damn time.

I’m tired of this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom