⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
rolaholic rolaholic Portugal looked unconvincing against Hungary and downright dreadful against Germany…personally, it’s tough for me to still mention them among the likes of France and the other favorites
They did but the fact that they're in the group of death gives them a little leeway to me, those Hungary games in front of 65k+ home fans are proving to be tough on everyone.

They played ****house footy on their way to winning in 2016 so it doesn't always have to be pretty to be effective :lol:

Real interested in seeing how they look against France on Wednesday, should be a good gauge of where they stand right now.

I might be getting fooled because of all the quality they have but I feel like they could be real formidable if Santos tinkered a bit with his set up.

Sanches needs to be starting and hopefully not as a part of a holding mid pivot like they've been playing.

rolaholic rolaholic Portugal looked unconvincing against Hungary and downright dreadful against Germany…personally, it’s tough for me to still mention them among the likes of France and the other favorites
I think this team has evolved beyond the abilities of Santos. It’s one thing to have a team that needs to rely heavy on their shape/defensive ability and hurt opponents on the counter, however they have the talent now to being a free flowing team who utilizes all of their weapons. I think the writing on the wall was there at the last World Cup, they should be looking at a more attacking minded manager.

They all count the same fam…

Your take is still trash though, ending Juve’s dominance was no small feat. AC Milan, Napoli, and Atalanta are also quality opponents. Almost everyone is in agreement that the overall quality of the league as a whole has improved.

It’s been Juve +19 for nearly a Decade. Sure the quality improved a smidgen but how many times has an Italian team looked good enough to conquer Europe besides Juve in that time period?
You see Inter winning the UCL this upcoming year? Out in the round of 16? Milan? Atalanta?

yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom