⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Wolves are interested in Luka Jovic. I’m really hoping they make a serious offer. Dude is talented but it hasn’t been happening for him in Madrid. And that money can go toward the Mbappe or Haaland fund.

It’s been too long since we had an attacker come in ready to contribute.

Its crazy how it looked like he might for a decent partnership with Suarez during the summer but ended up looking like he doesn't have much left in the tank.

Fabrizio says they might look to Malik to replace him

Juve have been interested too

Apparently Wolves are interested in Luka Jovic. I’m really hoping they make a serious offer. Dude is talented but it hasn’t been happening for him in Madrid. And that money can go toward the Mbappe or Haaland fund.

It’s been too long since we had an attacker come in ready to contribute.

That would be great for us, I’d only do a loan with an option to buy tho.

Wolves are literally dead out here without Raul, a Striker is a must in January.

You guys gotta be desperate if you're still eager for dude after the last 3 seasons :lol:

He scored 12 goals in the league since going back to Atleti for 66m. Chelsea used up his best remaining years and somehow flipped him for profit.

Would be smarter looking at someone like Jovic on loan instead imo

You guys gotta be desperate if you're still eager for dude after the last 3 seasons :lol:

He scored 12 goals in the league since going back to Atleti for 66m. Chelsea used up his best remaining years and somehow flipped him for profit.

Would be smarter looking at someone like Jovic on loan instead imo

I’m not really looking for the future here, I’m looking for the season.

and yes, we are desperate. :lol:

He didn’t lie though

He didn’t, that’s true :lol:

I’d rather have Bale taking a FK anyday, unless it’s like United\early RM Ronaldo.

And he definitely doesn’t get credit for that insane goal in the final. It’s just hilarious he’s injured immediately after he said that :lol:

Yea he was crazy underrated during his time in Spain when he was the catalyst for a lot of those trophy winning runs when he was out there.

Think he got a bad rap initially for his reluctance to learn the language and the media/fans held that against him the rest of his time there. Like I'm certain other players like to golf regularly on their time off but it only became news whenever he did it. Him deciding to troll everyone hard and throw out his damns when it became clear his time there was done will always be appreciated though :lol:

The injury stuff is generally out of your control but yea I don't have a problem with him calling out his treatment when he was one of the most important players on some of the most successful sides in Europe ever.

Legit shame that his body broke down so early though :smh:. Reminds me of Wazza in the way they played so hard and intensely every game during their primes that their bodies weren't able to hold up long term

Everybody remembers Di Maria making that run then Bale heading it in against Atleti. People definitely reference that along with the Liverpool goals as well as the Copa del Rey goal.

That Atleti one gets overshadowed by arguably the most clutch goal in CL history by Ramos right before it (changed the course of not just the match but the following 4 years of the competition too.) I do agree somewhat ab the bicycle, it was the same year as CR’a and everyone loves the Ronaldo one more. Bale’s was more difficult and in a final, whereas Ronaldo’s was a work of art. And Ronaldo :lol:

Ronaldo taking FKs was frustrating when Bale should have especially from the right side. Maybe Gareth could finish better in training who knows, but Ronaldo definitely beats him at positioning and instincts and even without injuries he wasn’t in the Messi/Ronaldo class. Even at his best Gareth lacked the footballing mind of his teammates and it became apparent when his athleticism declined.

Last edited:
Everybody remembers Di Maria making that run then Bale heading it in against Atleti. People definitely reference that along with the Liverpool goals as well as the Copa del Rey goal.

That Atleti one gets overshadowed by arguably the most clutch goal in CL history by Ramos right before it (changed the course of not just the match but the following 4 years of the competition too.) I do agree somewhat ab the bicycle, it was the same year as CR’a and everyone loves the Ronaldo one more. Bale’s was more difficult and in a final, whereas Ronaldo’s was a work of art. And Ronaldo :lol:

Ronaldo taking FKs was frustrating when Bale should have especially from the right side. Maybe Gareth could finish better in training who knows, but Ronaldo definitely beats him at positioning and instincts and even without injuries he wasn’t in the Messi/Ronaldo class. Even at his best Gareth lacked the footballing mind of his teammates and it became apparent when his athleticism declined.

I don’t think he meant finishing the way we know finishing, I think he meant finishing the Free Kicks.

If he meant “in the box Finishing” then he lost me, that’s insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom