⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s where I will give Pep credit jape jape ....

After hundreds of millions (and millions) spent on defenders, he’s finally got a CB that’s legit. You can argue Ruben Dias has been one of the best CB’s in the EPL.The way things are going Dias might be a City legend come 10 years time.

And Cancelo is getting more playing time, that’s good. Walker should be dropped soon. Cancelo is leading the league in chances created as a Defender.

Last edited:
Dias has improved our defense a lot. Laporte was already legit but Dias has done something Laporte hasn’t and that’s get Stones in line. They’ve been a fantastic centerback partnership. Some of that is Stones stepping up to his place in the squad being threatened and some of that is Dias being that dude.

cancelo been the first choice for a while now. Him and Walker have played about the same games but Cancelo has played all the key matches when fit

Last edited:
Dias has improved our defense a lot. Laporte was already legit but Dias has done something Laporte hasn’t and that’s get Stones in line. They’ve been a fantastic centerback partnership. Some of that is Stones stepping up to his place in the squad being threatened and some of that is Dias being that dude.

cancelo been the first choice for a while now. Him and Walker have played about the same games but Cancelo has played all the key matches when fit

Yea that’s the other thing about Dias that people didn’t know. For someone so young he’s an amazing leader. He communicates very well with his line, Laporte doesn’t have had that “leadership” mentality. Dias is a tough MFer.

I expect the future to still be Laporte and Dias, even tho Stones is having a good run of form.

Yea it’s also arguable that Cancelo has been the best RB this season. So I’ll give credit to Pep for both things. But these are Portuguese defenders I knew very well who would have succeeded anywhere they went. I’m not surprised.

It’s easy to forget Dias is 23 out there cause he don’t look or act like it. You’d think he was the one that was at least 26 and not Stones the way he leads things back there.

Pep likes to be experimental with his fullbacks as we’ve seen but Cancelo must be a dream for him cause he gives him so much freedom. Cancelo plays RB but he’s everywhere on the pitch in attack and has compete freedom to do what he wants.

I wasn’t gonna judge him after last season cause it’s a common trend players first season with Pep are slow. So it was wait and see for me and now he’s having a great second year

EDIT: Laporte was legit too just cause he’s not playing now cause Stones is in better form doesn’t change that. And despite Stones being a roller coaster over his tenure he had great runs of form in both title winning seasons under Pep. So it’s not like his centerback purchases with us have been completely wack till Dias

Just going by what I’ve seen United be like pre/post Bruno, it’s really not a stretch to say. I mean plenty of United fans in here have said it. They’d be lost without Bruno. You’re comparing United the last couple games, I’m doing a FULL YEAR. 🤷

As for Bernardo, he’s been consistent for 4 years straight. Having bad season this year. The manager absolutely has something to do with it, it’s not all just on Bernardo.
yeah i hear you but to say he did it by himself is just doing too much imo
and you HAVE to give ole credit. it can't all be on him when things aren't going good and to not get any credit when they win and i don't even **** with ole like that

It’s easy to forget Dias is 23 out there cause he don’t look or act like it. You’d think he was the one that was at least 26 and not Stones the way he leads things back there.

Pep likes to be experimental with his fullbacks as we’ve seen but Cancelo must be a dream for him cause he gives him so much freedom. Cancelo plays RB but he’s everywhere on the pitch in attack and has compete freedom to do what he wants.

I wasn’t gonna judge him after last season cause it’s a common trend players first season with Pep are slow. So it was wait and see for me and now he’s having a great second year

I was telling United fans how stupid it was was for them to pay €90 for Maguire while Ruben Dias was available for half the price during the time and people called be crazy. 🤷

He’s such a top class CB man, I mean Pepe said it recently and he’s a Porto player.

While I do credit Bruno with transforming this team.. I think ole deserves some credit as well and deserves to take home the manager of the month award at the very least. However, seeing as how he’s treated by the media I won’t hold my breath.

Madrid selling militao already...?
champcruthik champcruthik
tenor.gif

I think that is what i didn't know about Dias before the signing. The man is tough. Stones is unwilling to commit necessary fouls at times and he won't drag a guy down if needed. Dias is gritty i love his game.

Can't say enough good things about Cancelo either his skill and work rate a phenomenal. Would be nice if he were a little more clinical in front of goal...but if he was...he would be a forward

Northeast (Baltimore area). Our coaches were always on the "you look like a sissy with your hands in your sleeves or wearing gloves"

For some reason long sleeves are fine...this was pre under armor compression type shirts too. I was in baggy sleeved turtle neck under my jersey. But gloves? You look weak

I think one or two people ever wore gloves but I don't recall the coaches ever telling them no gloves and I grew up in MN so half the season was in cold *** weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom